BK8 the new sponsor?

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

From what I can see, the tweet has quickly been removed for whatever reason

David McNally sent the boys round...😏

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

David McNally sent the boys round...😏

😂😂😂

Forgot about the time David Mac sent someone round to some kids house at god knows what time! Was it because the kid leaked the new kit or something on the internet? Can’t remember what that was about now!

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

😂😂😂

Forgot about the time David Mac sent someone round to some kids house at god knows what time! Was it because the kid leaked the new kit or something on the internet? Can’t remember what that was about now!

Back in 2012. McNally had many virtues as a CEO but was capable of, er, an occasional over-reaction:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2132335/Norwich-left-red-faced-kit-leak-young-fan.html

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

😂😂😂

9 (NINE) years ago! Blimey! It only seems like a couple. McNally presided over some great things here but this was not his finest hour.

10 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

From what I can see, the tweet has quickly been removed for whatever reason

Well for those who missed it, the lights were on in the stadium while young Jack appeared to be out walking nearby... upon closer inspection, the pitch side advertising boards had the BK8 logo floating along suggesting some kind of marketing thing was afloat.

Was hoping he'd spotted a few lotus cars on the pitch personally but money talks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Well for those who missed it, the lights were on in the stadium while young Jack appeared to be out walking nearby... upon closer inspection, the pitch side advertising boards had the BK8 logo floating along suggesting some kind of marketing thing was afloat.

Was hoping he'd spotted a few lotus cars on the pitch personally but money talks

Cheers TJ, interesting! What’s weird is I thought there was talk not so long ago that we were looking to move away from using betting firms as our main shirt sponsor? 

I would prefer the club to be socially responsible and poorer. There's no need for gambling sponsorship. These parasites ruin lives and should be nowhere near our club.

• Like 14

9 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

😂😂😂

I’m still here 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Browno said:

I’m still here 😂

Hi! Glad to see it didn’t put you off the club for life

Water under the bridge I’m sure, but.. Did they really call you at 4.30am and did they ever explain why?

14 minutes ago, Browno said:

I’m still here 😂

Ha ha, you know last night I nearly asked on this thread if you were part of this message board but didn’t think you’d see it! I know you’re probably waiting for the big 10 year anniversary, but I’m sure loads of us would love to hear the story from your side if possible buddy! 😂👏

3 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha, you know last night I nearly asked on this thread if you were part of this message board but didn’t think you’d see it! I know you’re probably waiting for the big 10 year anniversary, but I’m sure loads of us would love to hear the story from your side if possible buddy! 😂👏

3 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Hi! Glad to see it didn’t put you off the club for life

Water under the bridge I’m sure, but.. Did they really call you at 4.30am and did they ever explain why?

I think the initial tweet went out around 12-1am from what I recall. 

My Mum came through to my bedroom around half 4 with the landline phone saying it was Norwich City on the phone wanting to speak to me. I think it was Will Hoy at the time. They asked me how I got the images, I explained how and they asked where I'd posted them. By that time they were on the pink'un message board and WOTB too. He was pretty pissed off and asked for them to be removed pronto. By around half 5-6 I'd manage to get in touch with the guys on WOTB and they were dealing with Archant I think. I had been off sixth form for a few days with flu, and the following day we had a knock at the door from two police officers. (Prior to that, BBC Look East had been on the phone to me too). The police officers explained why they were here (club complained under the Computer Misuse Act), and they then asked how I did it. So I showed them, and they laughed at how simple it was. They said they'd be in touch over the next few days.

The club announcement then happened, and McNally made his comment about being 'guardians of the football club and protecting our property', which sort of fuelled the fire with the press. The following day I went back into sixth form, and my phone rang non stop, BBC, ITV, Sky, Press Association etc. who I gave comment to. The BBC ended up finding my Mum at work, and she gave comment there.

2 days on, the police called and said I was invited to Carrow Road for a meeting that afternoon, and they'd come pick me up. So after sixth form, they came and picked me up, and we went in one of the Carrow Road meeting rooms with the legal team, the Police and some others. Ended up signing a letter and apologising, club apologised for being OTT, and then invited me to be in the 'Pass it On' video they were making and were going to give me a free shirt (neither of which ever happened 🤣). 

and the rest is history 😂

And on a non-kit leak front - this is quite standard procedure when the club are meeting a new (potential) sponsor for the first time. They'll light all the pitchside boards up, and display their logo on the big screen. They did it for us when I worked for the now sponsors of the Barclay.

Edited by Browno
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

The sponsors are of no interest hat is to ensure the colour yellow is the most prominent shirt colour to give the best opportunity of staying up.  Even more important than keeping Emi, Todd or Max.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

I would prefer the club to be socially responsible and poorer. There's no need for gambling sponsorship. These parasites ruin lives and should be nowhere near our club.

Agreed- Permanent ban on all gambling firms and business sponsoring teams.

Lotus please.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Agreed- Permanent ban on all gambling firms and business sponsoring teams.

Lotus please.

You'd be the first complaining about lack of signings when we decide to hand ourselves another disadvantage over everyone else.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You'd be the first complaining about lack of signings when we decide to hand ourselves another disadvantage over everyone else.

It wouldn't be the case hoggy if we had a stinking rich Chinese owner. 😂😜

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Browno said:

My Mum came through to my bedroom around half 4 with the landline phone saying it was Norwich City on the phone wanting to speak to me. I think it was Will Hoy at the time. They asked me how I got the images, I explained how and they asked where I'd posted them. By that time they were on the pink'un message board and WOTB too. He was pretty pissed off and asked for them to be removed pronto. By around half 5-6 I'd manage to get in touch with the guys on WOTB and they were dealing with Archant I think. I had been off sixth form for a few days with flu, and the following day we had a knock at the door from two police officers. (Prior to that, BBC Look East had been on the phone to me too). The police officers explained why they were here (club complained under the Computer Misuse Act), and they then asked how I did it. So I showed them, and they laughed at how simple it was. They said they'd be in touch over the next few days.

The club announcement then happened, and McNally made his comment about being 'guardians of the football club and protecting our property', which sort of fuelled the fire with the press. The following day I went back into sixth form, and my phone rang non stop, BBC, ITV, Sky, Press Association etc. who I gave comment to. The BBC ended up finding my Mum at work, and she gave comment there.

2 days on, the police called and said I was invited to Carrow Road for a meeting that afternoon, and they'd come pick me up. So after sixth form, they came and picked me up, and we went in one of the Carrow Road meeting rooms with the legal team, the Police and some others. Ended up signing a letter and apologising, club apologised for being OTT, and then invited me to be in the 'Pass it On' video they were making and were going to give me a free shirt (neither of which ever happened 🤣). 

And on a non-kit leak front - this is quite standard procedure when the club are meeting a new (potential) sponsor for the first time. They'll light all the pitchside boards up, and display their logo on the big screen. They did it for us when I worked for the now sponsors of the Barclay.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but how did you get them?

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

The anti-gambling brigade are soooo f**king tiresome.

I'm not anti gambling- If you wanna throw away your life savings and end up a homeless wreck you can do so, that's your choice.

I just don't want it anywhere near football. We banned smoking companies and we banned alcohol companies from being involved in football so we should do the same for gambling.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Browno said:

What an extraordinary story - and a horrendous overreaction from the club!

39 minutes ago, Browno said:

Brilliant Chris!, great story - thanks for taking the time to post that pal 👍👏

I couldn't really care less who the sponsor is as long as it brings in substantial money to reinvest in the squad to aid us staying up. I'd much prefer the good ol' days of getting the support of a local business (Aviva/Lotus/Digital Phone Co etc.) but got to go where the money is