Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Half time entertainment

In no way will they provide any entertainment to keep you in your seats at half time. They want you to wander off and spend MONEY. That's what modern Britain is all about.

9 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Is that the sexism hot line I can hear ringing ? 😁

Easily fixed, just increase the diversity quota by inviting male dancers too, maybe from an older generation, possibly from an under-represented profession like the police force.

• Haha 1

The cross bar challenge is entertaining, but only if it is run better, with more taking part. 

Could be done like this - the club invites applications for people to take part, put them into teams. Two teams of kickers each week, taking it in turns, highest number of hits wins and goes on to the next round, ending up with a final in the last home game of the season.  Competitive, entertaining, involving plenty of people, possibility for teams to be got together independently of the club and apply as a team to be involved.

Proper job!

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

The cross bar challenge is entertaining, but only if it is run better, with more taking part. 

Could be done like this - the club invites applications for people to take part, put them into teams. Two teams of kickers each week, taking it in turns, highest number of hits wins and goes on to the next round, ending up with a final in the last home game of the season.  Competitive, entertaining, involving plenty of people, possibility for teams to be got together independently of the club and apply as a team to be involved.

Proper job!

Blimey Lakey - how many do you expect to hit the cross-bar? Be plenty of 0-0's there. 

Those of us that are fortunate to attend matches in person, do need to get home at a respectable hour. 

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:
9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Proper job!

Blimey Lakey - how many do you expect to hit the cross-bar? Be plenty of 0-0's there. 

Those of us that are fortunate to attend matches in person, do need to get home at a respectable hour. 

I've been to plenty of matches, thanks.  The point is that in the old format, you hardly saw any hits at all.  With two teams of 5 or 7 people each having three kicks (can be done under a time limit to make sure it is quick enough for a half time period) means you are far more likely to see a few hits.

Could do something similar with penalty kicks, dribbling contests etc. All it takes is a little imagination and time to organise it.

18 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’d genuinely like to know what has happened for that amount of women to feel that they’ve suffered from sexism but it’s not worth starting a thread on here as it would go downhill very quickly. Diane posted at the same time as me so interesting that she’s heard nothing. Mrs Frank doesn’t understand it either

As with all surveys FF not only is it as good as the questions asked but how many responses it receives. That link says 1 in 5 females have been the subject of sexism, banter or whatever term you wish to cover to cover the subject. 1 in 5 is 20% but 20% of how many...50, 500 or 5000 who took part in the survey ?

I would be interested to know for sure how many answered the survey but my bet is a totally insignificant number in relation to the several thousand women who attend matches at Carrow Road and is a lot nearer to the 50 than the 5000 i stated earlier in this post.

Forgetting Mrs F and Diane i have mentioned this to 4 other female season ticket holders i know and not one knew what i was talking about.

Edited by TIL 1010

Perhaps this is a question that our new supporters group could ask, how many women responded and what type of sexism they feel they had.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I've been to plenty of matches, thanks.  

Apologies Lakey, my comment wasnt a dig at any perceived non attendance, was just a reflection on your location.

I am aware you've attended matches when able. Respect you for that. 

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Perhaps this is a question that our new supporters group could ask, how many women responded and what type of sexism they feel they had.

This new supporters group looks like they are going to be busy...... 

Cross bar challenge to be replaced by dwarfs as skittles. Competition to see how many dwarfs you can knock down with a football. 

Another idea...

Six old men in one goal mouth attempting to herd a dozen leggy, bikini-clad lovelies from the centre circle into the opposite goal mouth without havin a heart attack. All done with the Benny Hill theme tune over the tannoy system. 

Half-time stood in the centre circle throwing season tickets into the home dugout competition.....Closest to the middle seat in the home dugout gets free XXL scampi an' chips, tartar sauce and marrow fat peas with a large diet coke for 3 home games...... 

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

A good call and a job indeed for @Feedthewolf @Lessingham Canary and the other poster on here who at this moment i cannot remember.

29 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A good call and a job indeed for @Feedthewolf @Lessingham Canary and the other poster on here who at this moment i cannot remember.

@TIL 1010 im sure we will look understand how we get the best out of this opportunity to further transparency and communication between the club and fans, i'm sure once the first meeting has taken place we will all be a lot clearer. 

The aim is for the group to meet once a quarter, there is an introductory meeting shortly, with the 1st proper meeting later in June i'm sure supporters will know more and have more channels of influence on certain matters as the months pass.

• Thanks 1

Here is a longer article from Canaries Trust. It doesn’t say how many responded to the survey but it does say that of those that did, 3% had been subject to a direct sexual assault at Carrow Road. And it doesn’t matter if that was just 1 person out of 33, that is not acceptable.

https://www.canariestrust.org/post/you-shouldn-t-be-in-the-ground-tackling-sexism-at-carrow-road

How have we segued from Half-Time Entertainment ideas to Female Sexism (apparently rife) at Carrow Road ??  Good Luck to travelling fans going to St Mary's next season! 😱 

image.png.f05f073d0817296ee5bc5ec22c15a5a3.png

On 25/05/2021 at 09:45, Uncle Fred said:

It’s been dreadful for years

how about a few suggestions that Wolfie and Gordon can use to bring the subject up at the fans forum thingy they are on 

i know for a fact that Tilly likes the lady dancers at Crystal Palace 

but what else would you like to see? 

Your Mrs

Edited by Van wink

Anyone recall the half time entertainment from our first televised Premier League game and  3-1 win against Forrest. THAT'S MY VOTE..... 

1 hour ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Anyone recall the half time entertainment from our first televised Premier League game and  3-1 win against Forrest. THAT'S MY VOTE..... 

Was that members of the local church in skimpy dress?

3 hours ago, Norfolk Dan said:

If memory serves, this is where half-time entertainment peaked. It's been downhill ever since the giant inflatable sumo wrestlers...

And @TIL 1010, will see how the land lies at our first meeting, but it is something I'd like to know more about. With three female members on the forum, it'd be interesting to hear their thoughts about the survey and what they feel could/should be done.

Off the wall - but as usual a dynamic suggestion for Half-Time entertainment we watch 5 absolutely crap VAR decisions on the big Diamond Screen from Shockley Park and have a Clapometer to gauge support or distain- Just for Fun of course!!