Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Half time entertainment

It’s been dreadful for years

how about a few suggestions that Wolfie and Gordon can use to bring the subject up at the fans forum thingy they are on 

i know for a fact that Tilly likes the lady dancers at Crystal Palace 

but what else would you like to see? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

how about a few suggestions that Wolfie and Gordon can use to bring the subject up at the fans forum thingy they are on 

i know for a fact that Tilly likes the Ladyboy dancers at Crystal Palace 

Fixed 👍 😇 😉

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I think this could be a strong contender with our own Ed Balls joining the ladies with his Strictly experience.

41 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Who cares? Proper fans are in the bar..... 😁

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

The brass band (St Johns Ambulance?) that used to slip around in the mud in the mid 80'S . Classic fun, with the big lad playing the bass drum at the back. 

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Who cares? Proper fans are in the bar..... 😁

Trying to get get a pint without losing your temper, before the second half kicks off is the real ‘cross bar’ challenge

... I’ll get me Coke

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Delia singing and tossing pancakes after pre match drinks. 

Is 'pancakes' Michael Wynn Jones' nickname?

• Haha 8

They've got the big screen, they should make more of it for fan engagement. Have the announcer rove around at half time picking out people in the crowd to speak to on their thoughts of the first half, have a few ex-canaries as pundits, could be nice

27 minutes ago, AJ said:

They've got the big screen, they should make more of it for fan engagement. Have the announcer rove around at half time picking out people in the crowd to speak to on their thoughts of the first half, have a few ex-canaries as pundits, could be nice

Riskyyyy

6 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Riskyyyy

But that's the fun of it! 

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think this could be a strong contender with our own Ed Balls joining the ladies with his Strictly experience.

Is that the sexism hot line I can hear ringing ? 😁

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

But that's the fun of it! 

Oh yea but  also why it won’t happen! 😁

They might do a recorded version from the  week before though...

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Certainly not the joke line! 

4 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Bring back the cross bar challenge.............

Agree with that but just to make it interesting have a visiting fan. 

And pump the balls up to the proper pressure. Letting them down a bit to make it harder is a bit cheap

• Like 1

Fusing the crossbar challenge and marching band ideas. Invite a group of fans to attempt to dislodge the instrument from the brass band member from 30 yards. 3 points for a cornet, 1 for a trombone given the potential for a fully extended slide section. Get a ball lodged in the cone of a Euphonium and receive a free ticket to Florida. Brass band must be playing the benny hill theme tune.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

It was all bluster FF believe me if you are talking about the 20% subject to sexist remarks/comments.

26 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It was all bluster FF believe me if you are talking about the 20% subject to sexist remarks/comments.

It was definitely 20% Tilly , read this article  https://www.pinkun.com/news/norwich-city-fans-survey-shows-sexism-concern-7976916

Its a subject that interests me tbh as in my 40+ years I've never experienced any sexism that I can remember, would be interested to know what age group the 20 % were , wonder if it goes back to the 70s/ 80s or whether it was more recent

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I’d genuinely like to know what has happened for that amount of women to feel that they’ve suffered from sexism but it’s not worth starting a thread on here as it would go downhill very quickly. Diane posted at the same time as me so interesting that she’s heard nothing. Mrs Frank doesn’t understand it either

Edited by FenwayFrank

1 minute ago, Diane said:

It was definitely 20% Tilly , read this article  https://www.pinkun.com/news/norwich-city-fans-survey-shows-sexism-concern-7976916

Its a subject that interests me tbh as in my 40+ years I've never experienced any sexism that I can remember, would be interested to know what age group the 20 % were , wonder if it goes back to the 70s/ 80s or whether it was more recent

Sorry Diane, I didn't read your post - is my tea ready yet love? And those shirts don't iron themselves you know. Chop Chop darling...😇

3 minutes ago, Diane said:

I would guess that it’s more recent, I’m sure there were women going to Carrow Road in the 70’s and 80’s but I only remember Lil ! 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I would guess that it’s more recent, I’m sure there were women going to Carrow Road in the 70’s and 80’s but I only remember Lil ! 😁

And Doris Thorpe! R.I.P.

I remember once, she'd had her done to look more like Steve Bruce in about 85/86!

59 minutes ago, Diane said:

Someone in front of me in the Barclay called Justin a "useless gay ****" 

Bloke behind him hit him in the back of his head very hard indeed.

Never heard anything of that sort since. I just looked at the start of the Palace video. Is that really from the club?!