Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

EFL on Quest

Bye bye hopefully for ever. Our minute or coverage every week was always disappointing

looking forward to MOTD where we will be last on with a good 4 minutes 

At least with Colin Murray and guests you got to watch football and not have to listen to the BBC with Lineker, Wright,  Chapman and the so called women pundits 

7 minutes ago, daly said:

At least with Colin Murray and guests you got to watch football and not have to listen to the BBC with Lineker, Wright,  Chapman and the so called women pundits 

You were doing so well until the last bit too Daly!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Liked the programme.  A good alround highlights programme with a varied amount of sensible pundits.  Back to the MOTD puppet show next season. Maybe if we do well they'll learn our players names.......

• Like 3

It wouldn't be too bad if 30 seconds of our 3 minutes of coverage wasn't taken up with Delia either before the game or clapping or looking disappointed at the end.

You could almost play Delia bingo with the cooking puns, mentions of 'Let's be 'avin you' etc etc ad nauseum...

image.jpeg.7b41462c38306ac180cc8f8c7f9b781a.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Herman said:

Are they so called women or so called pundits?🤣

Some of them..... both 😉

• Haha 1

Just remember guys that one in five female Norwich City fans suffer from sexist banter, remarks or whatever you want to call it according to a survey carried out on their behalf. The thing that was not mentioned was how many responded to the survey.

Can’t really be bothered with MOTD even if we are in the PL, and tend to keep watching EFL on Quest as like to keep up with the broader game; the PL definitely isn’t the be all and end all of the game.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

.  Back to the MOTD puppet show next season. Maybe if we do well they'll learn our players names.......

Unlikely,  as they're already predicting us to go straight back down so they won't make the effort......

.... and if we do well, they'll be very condescending, with the usual,  plucky little Norwich cliches....

I'm looking forward to the MOTD team praising City's fantastic self-funding model based on developing young talent, when we win. Then when we lose, castigating City for not spending multi-millions on bringing in established PL quality players.

• Like 5

MOTD pundits are predominantly a bunch of tw@ts who only like to praise the usual suspects and teams they used to play for.

Programme needs an overhaul.

• Like 1

I enjoy MOTD more when we're not in the Prem, I watch little if any live prem footy so quite enjoy a couple of sherberts( not knowing the scores) and a feet up with the fantasy world that is modern top level football.... its a pleasant hour or so. ... I don't take it seriously. However, when we are in the Prem and on MOTD it all becomes a bit less enjoyable for me as I'll know how we did and by default,  lots of the other results too, spoils my fun altogether. 

On 23/05/2021 at 11:21, Uncle Fred said:

Bye bye hopefully for ever. Our minute or coverage every week was always disappointing

looking forward to MOTD where we will be last on with a good 4 minutes 

As usual Frederick, you are wrong. MOTD is a piece of old dogturd

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I enjoy MOTD more when we're not in the Prem, I watch little if any live prem footy so quite enjoy a couple of sherberts( not knowing the scores) and a feet up with the fantasy world that is modern top level football.... its a pleasant hour or so. ... I don't take it seriously. However, when we are in the Prem and on MOTD it all becomes a bit less enjoyable for me as I'll know how we did and by default,  lots of the other results too, spoils my fun altogether. 

Must admit I tend not to watch when we are in the Prem as we more often than not lose and all we see is goals against followed up by derision of our defence and tactics.

Don't think the show is that bad and the pundits are more than happy to stick the boot into the big clubs when they lose. Problem is the league is top sided with few surprises so it doesn't happen often. 

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Never mind, when we are sitting at the top of the table each week with Lineker and co forced to praise Farkeball and the way we have adapted since last time we were in the PL, it will become something to look forwards to each week. 🙂