Midlands Yellow

Beloved Brentford v Bournemouth

13 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Why? Plenty of players have an 'edge' on the pitch and are popular off it. Some would say a few of ours are like that.

Exactly. I dont think Holt was unpopular in our dressing room but he could be a nasty ****er on the pitch.

Edited by king canary
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How times change. We have become a better club since going down to L1. 

Lincoln went out of the league and are now 1 game from the Championship.

And Sunderland dwell in L1 for yet another season. And L1 will have yet another ex EPL club looking for a change in fortunes.

Sunderland are still a big side even in league 1, so another obstacle for the binners to overcome next year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Those players are generally quite popular with their teammates, in actual fact. Disliked by the opposition, but popular in their own dressing room.

Like the Bournemouth player I saw intently watching an opposition player's face, for some inexplicable reason? Inexplicable until he got close enough for him to stick a finger in his eye.

I'll have to take your word on that

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Well done to Connor McGrandles, one game from the championship 

Came of the bench and was superb, got the man of the match award. 

11 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Sunderland are still a big side even in league 1, so another obstacle for the binners to overcome next year.

You do wonder when they are going to get it right though. They've stacks of players out of contract and will be a cup final for the L2 teams that go up and another ground where the away team will most likely shut up shop. Sheff Weds, Pompey, Charlton, Rotherham, Oxford are likely to be challenging towards the top end.

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Begovic and Pearson?

If it's Pearson I will have  a serious decision to make. Seldom makes a forward pass, backwards, sideways and trots around.

Billing looks a half decent player.

Anyone watching Swansea v Barnsley? If either of these go up they'll need about 10-15 new signings just to avoid last place. 

Looking like Swansea for the final. 

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

No it doesn't.

The best performance on the field in that game was from the ref. He was superb.

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Brooks, Danjuma and Billing would be the only players I think would get into our starting XI. Danjuma might be getting the hate from us but Lerma is the really nasty piece of work.

Which is precisely why I'd want Lerma in first. We've enough ball-players, we need some out-and-out battlers.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Exactly. I dont think Holt was unpopular in our dressing room but he could be a nasty ****er on the pitch.

He was a crafty so-&-so, not beyond a bit of falling over & shirt pulling, but did he behave like somebody like Pearson? I don't think so. Likewise Hugill.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Which is precisely why I'd want Lerma in first. We've enough ball-players, we need some out-and-out battlers.

There's a difference between being a battler (e.g. Grant Hanley) & a someone who'd quite happily break another player's leg.

Edited by ron obvious

15 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Apparently it's quite an ugly game in Swansea...

What Swansea boss Steve Cooper had to say about QPR after his side's 3-1  win | Kilburn Times

He so ugly he can make Onions cry. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Anyone watching Swansea v Barnsley? If either of these go up they'll need about 10-15 new signings just to avoid last place. 

Looking like Swansea for the final. 

Watching the first half hour but had a break for dinner and Swansea score. Barnsley looking pretty dreadful in the play-offs so far, just hoof merchants and meat and drink to the Swansea defence.

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

There's a difference between being a battler (e.g. Grant Hanley) & a someone who'd quite happily break another player's leg.

I'm not criticising any player for that considering in my youth days I tried re-enacting Harald Schumacher's famous smash on Patrick Battiston in a derby match and then later, against a particularly annoying set of whinging b*stards, almost triggering a race riot. And if I'd been outfield in that game instead of being in goal, you could bet your bottom dollar that match would have been called off as I'd have had enough at some stage and snapped one through the fence.

IMO we are a bit too nice, and a real fighter in the middle is a key part of what we need.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Watching the first half hour but had a break for dinner and Swansea score. Barnsley looking pretty dreadful in the play-offs so far, just hoof merchants and meat and drink to the Swansea defence.

Yeah agreed Barnsley look very very poor. Seems they are much better when they can play on the backfoot without possession and press the other team (as we saw first hand 3 times this season). Unfortunately for them Swansea aren’t that type of side, and now the onus is on them they can’t conjure up anything meaningful.

This Swansea team would be a truly terrible addition to the prem mind, surely Brentford will edge past them in the final. 

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yeah agreed Barnsley look very very poor. Seems they are much better when they can play on the backfoot without possession and press the other team (as we saw first hand 3 times this season). Unfortunately for them Swansea aren’t that type of side, and now the onus is on them they can’t conjure up anything meaningful.

This Swansea team would be a truly terrible addition to the prem mind, surely Brentford will edge past them in the final. 

Fairly confident we would finish above Swansea. Don't concede many but create nothing really. 

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Glad I don't have to watch Swansea every week. Dull and boring.

3 shots all game - value for money, that

48 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'm not criticising any player for that considering in my youth days I tried re-enacting Harald Schumacher's famous smash on Patrick Battiston in a derby match and then later, against a particularly annoying set of whinging b*stards, almost triggering a race riot. And if I'd been outfield in that game instead of being in goal, you could bet your bottom dollar that match would have been called off as I'd have had enough at some stage and snapped one through the fence.

IMO we are a bit too nice, and a real fighter in the middle is a key part of what we need.

Well he should have gone to prison for that. I'm not sure where that leaves you.

Just now, ron obvious said:

Well he should have gone to prison for that. I'm not sure where that leaves you.

Who, Lerma or Battiston?

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Who, Lerma or Battiston?

Let me see. Schumacher, with no intention or possibility of getting to the ball, smashes Battiston so hard he has to have oxygen on the pitch. Therefore Battiston should go to prison for violent assault. Interesting.

Where does Lerma come into it?

And 'famous' is not the word I'd use.

If you want to watch MMA (where one participant thinks he's playing football), fine. I'd rather watch football.