Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

The problems being a WO

It seems that being a WO is becomming a burden to some of you, you''re losing the ability to read properly and reason rationally, here are few examples;

I post that an article in the EDP was written by someone who has let thier emotions get the better of them and I''m accused of watching football without emotion, a totally different thing.

I quote MW Jones saying that he does not know a more ambitious manager than NW and I''m asked how on earth he has the front to say NW is more ambitious than Chelsea.

I''ve posted that the manager has become a victim of his own success and has earnt the right to try and turn things around and the reply is about unsuccessful transfer dealings.

Some of you should really take a step back and look at what you post, some of you have us relegated, want us to lose games so that the numbers protesting will be bigger and are suggesting any old name to take over as manager. NW''s tenure at Carrow Rd has a natural lifetime when it comes to an end I hope we all will applaud the effort and skill he''s put into the football club.

Being called a fool because you have an opposite view (and the view is about whether the manager should stay or go, I''ve never said that everything at CR is rosy) doesn''t seem the response of a rational person, its over emotional nonesense, try and be less hysterical in future.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

It seems that being a WO is becomming a burden to some of you, you''re losing the ability to read properly and reason rationally, here are few examples;

I post that an article in the EDP was written by someone who has let thier emotions get the better of them and I''m accused of watching football without emotion, a totally different thing.

I quote MW Jones saying that he does not know a more ambitious manager than NW and I''m asked how on earth he has the front to say NW is more ambitious than Chelsea.

I''ve posted that the manager has become a victim of his own success and has earnt the right to try and turn things around and the reply is about unsuccessful transfer dealings.

Some of you should really take a step back and look at what you post, some of you have us relegated, want us to lose games so that the numbers protesting will be bigger and are suggesting any old name to take over as manager. NW''s tenure at Carrow Rd has a natural lifetime when it comes to an end I hope we all will applaud the effort and skill he''s put into the football club.

Being called a fool because you have an opposite view (and the view is about whether the manager should stay or go, I''ve never said that everything at CR is rosy) doesn''t seem the response of a rational person, its over emotional nonesense, try and be less hysterical in future.

[/quote]

i want us to win games, unfortunatly nigel hasnt been able to manage that even with 10 million of players and the''strongest squad in the league''.  worthy out.

What you continue to do Dicky is throw darts without taking a position yourself. If someone reasoably asks you for your position you avoid, evade, hide from that poster. Anything but give your opinion on "when is enough enough?"

You state the obvious above but ignore those who reasonably ask you to participate in the thing that is of interest. I will therefore re-submit to you what Mook has asked on another thread?

Mook''s Question:

I''ll ask again, Squit.

I wonder if you would be brave enough to post an honest assessment of how you think the season is going, how you are finding Nigel Worthington''s tactics, coaching, purchases and man-management, and how you feel about the performances against Ipswich, Reading, QPR, Preston, Derby, Luton etc etc?

I am interested to see how someone who clearly doesn''t suffer from those awful bouts of "emotion" judges things to be at Fortress Carrow these days.

I am honestly interested in your answer, and your possible solutions. You are very good at pointing out other''s views as knee-jerk, but what do you actually think of the situation?

I don''t recall seeing Mooks post but I''ll gladly answer the questions.

I wonder if you would be brave enough to post an honest assessment of how you think the season is going, how you are finding Nigel Worthington''s tactics, coaching, purchases and man-management, and how you feel about the performances against Ipswich, Reading, QPR, Preston, Derby, Luton etc etc?

This season has not panned out how any of us would''ve liked, tactically the manager is making descisions on what he''s got to use on the day, these haven''t always worked but then no manager gets it right all the time. I''ve not seen the manager at Colney coaching the players so I can''t comment on that. Some of this seasons purchases, through injury, have not been able to shine but no manager deliberately goes out and buys bad players. I have no experience of his man mangement so I can''t comment. The performances this season against the teams you have mentioned have been poor but when your squad is so disrupted and the players cannot gel this is not surprising, to be fair to the manager there have been good performances this season aswell.

I am interested to see how someone who clearly doesn''t suffer from those awful bouts of "emotion" judges things to be at Fortress Carrow these days.

I think you find that I said let emotions get the better of you, that is something totally different, Carrow Rd is getting the same reputation as Molyneux, if things don''t go right within the first 10 minutes then the crowd seem to turn on the players, I find this very sad.

I am honestly interested in your answer, and your possible solutions. You are very good at pointing out other''s views as knee-jerk, but what do you actually think of the situation?

I''ll have to assume what you mean by ''the situation'' but if you mean the managers position I believe he''s earnt the time the board are giving him.

Hope this helps, I know some of you think its just following the ''party line'' but what you''re going to have to learn to appreciate is that there is an alternative to your views, I''m not someone who works for the club, I never post on here as someone else and I''m going to challenge what I believe are unsubstantiated posts.

[/quote]i agree squit, to a certain extent i too believe worthy is a victim of his own success. what can''t be denied is that city is in a better position than when he took over.  we have a fantastic ground - full each match, a record number of season ticket holders, a better squad full of experince and quality -  and in my opinion they are more than capable of gaining promotion.  along the way in worthy''s great city adventure, he''s got us to a play-off final and gained us promotion as convincing champions.  great achievements in a relatively short period of time, and with modest cash to play with.  i for one am extremely grateful for what worthy has achieved as manager, but that doesn''t stop having an opinion about him now that regretably opposes him and wishes him gone.as you can see, its nothing personal about worthy, its just a feeling that now he time has come to an end and he should move on, for the sakes of both city and his future career.  sometimes, for whatever reason the recipe just doesn''t work - and to say the players do well on the training pitch but freeze on matchday suggests the problem is endemic and not easily righted - it could be perhaps be understandable if the players were young, but were talking about very experinced pro''s here who are well seasoned, especially at this level. they seen and done it all, but can''t do it anymore on the pitch.  if worthy knew what the problem was, surely he''d have solved it by now.my belief is, and i could be wrong, is that worthy has a method that gets the best out of average/good players who subsequently perform above themselves - who really thought we''d win the championship at the beginning of that season so easily?  however, as the prem experience revealed and again this season, he has failed to get a squad of quality players to gel and play consistently as a team. on paper the squad is decent and on paper we should have trounced ipswich, but they gave us a footballing lesson -  hard to take for many, but you can''t deny they played well and passed us off the park.  the players have underperformed all season and its been a shock to me to see city play so poorly and so often.  there''s no denying there''s a problem - and more often than not when it gets this bad, it usually takes a fresh face to sort it out.I believe we need a manager who knows how to get the best out of quality players, to make them play to their level of ability and beyond, and unfortunately its not worthy. 

Nigel Worthington has had his time. He was quite properly allowed to carry on following relegation to see if he could achieve success after a Premiership season which exposed his failings.

Most people in life need a change from time to time; those who can work at a consistently high level in one job  and workplace are few.

Worthington has run his course, he and the Club need a change. Sadly, he and the Club are reticent to acknowledge this and the result is that Worthingtons legacy is being ruined.

There is absolutly no problem being WO.

LoS seems to me to have a big problem trying to turn what he considers the response of an irrational person into a reason for Worthy to stay.

By default, if MW Jones says he has not met a manager with more ambition than NW and if MW Jones met Jose M then he is comparing NW to JM.

Message boards are for opinion, everybody has one and the beauty of them is that none of them have to be right. Its a shame that some people cannot see past this and have to resort to abuse and correcting detail. I thought this was meant to be like a Pub banter site not the Oxford Debating Society.

Lighten up, you have your opinion I have mine and sometimes we are all cr@p at getting them across.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

i want us to win games, unfortunatly nigel hasnt been able to manage that even with 10 million of players and the''strongest squad in the league''.  worthy out.

[/quote]

Paul, I knew I could rely on you to prove my point.

I wonder if you would be brave enough to post an honest assessment of how you think the season is going, how you are finding Nigel Worthington''s tactics, coaching, purchases and man-management, and how you feel about the performances against Ipswich, Reading, QPR, Preston, Derby, Luton etc etc?

This season has not panned out how any of us would''ve liked, tactically the manager is making descisions on what he''s got to use on the day, these haven''t always worked but then no manager gets it right all the time. I''ve not seen the manager at Colney coaching the players so I can''t comment on that. Some of this seasons purchases, through injury, have not been able to shine but no manager deliberately goes out and buys bad players. I have no experience of his man mangement so I can''t comment. The performances this season against the teams you have mentioned have been poor but when your squad is so disrupted and the players cannot gel this is not surprising, to be fair to the manager there have been good performances this season aswell.

[/quote]

"Some of this seasons purchases, through injury, have not been able to shine"

what about etuhu and hughes?? they have not had any injury problems.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Paul, I knew I could rely on you to prove my point.

[/quote]

What point - that Nigel Worthington cant win football matches for Norwich City anymore? even after pissing 1-0 million down the crapper

A parody of a joke concerning WBA fans and Earnshaw spotted in the Daily Mail yesterday. Squit/Dicky goes into a burger bar and asks for two whoppers. Certainly says the assistant. You post clear, concise, erudite postings and you are an itelligent person.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Proving my point again Paul, Hughes has been injured this season.

Thanks for the comments to LGT & Rudolph.

Percy how can you get the same thing wrong twice, he said he hasn''t met a manager who is MORE ambitious than NW, just because JM is at Chelsea doesn''t mean he''s more ambitious.

Me get it wrong twice???

2. He genuinely seems to believe that NW is capable of getting us out of this mess - "I have never met a more ambitious manager".

If M W-J hadn''t met a Manager who is MORE ambitious then he must have met Managers who are AS ambitious or LESS ambitious.

Therefore you can name any Manager, don''t get hung up on Chelsea, and they will be AS or LESS ambitious than NW

I never said that because JM is at Chelsea he is more ambitious.

I do not see the ambition displayed in any way shape or form at the moment.

Squit - Your propensity to try to defend the indefensible, whatever the circumstances, is staggering. You remind me of the Iraqi Media Minister - was his name Tariq Ali? - who would argue that black was white, in order to blindly support The Boss. Unsurprisingly, he quickly lost all of his credibility too. 

LOS you know that statement by MWM is as per your forum name, there is only a finite amount of ambition in football, for example, win the Championship, get established in the Premiership, win a domestic cup, get European football, win the UEFA Cup, win the Premiership, win the Chamipons League and become a national manager/manager of a bigger club - I would imagine most if not all managers in the Championship/Premiership would harbour such ambitions.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Proving my point again Paul, Hughes has been injured this season.

[/quote]

yes he was - we went on a 5 game winning run when that happened!!!  lol

[quote user="Paul Aldrich"]LOS you know that statement by MWM is as per your forum name, there is only a finite amount of ambition in football, for example, win the Championship, get established in the Premiership, win a domestic cup, get European football, win the UEFA Cup, win the Premiership, win the Chamipons League and become a national manager/manager of a bigger club - I would imagine most if not all managers in the Championship/Premiership would harbour such ambitions.[/quote]

Who is MWM?

Does analysing everything that comes from the manager or board members for negativity keep you people awake a night, I''m staggered that you put so much effort into twisting everything to make it look like theres some kind of sinister agenda. At least the Wizard admits he''s paranoid.

In my opinion Squit, I don''t know how you can defend the bloke - for a while I thought give him a bit of a chance, he''s been given two transfer windows, and still we''re in the bottom half of the table.... He can''t be judged on past glories anymore, those days are gone, long, long gone. As for new players not shining due to injuries.....it''s not because they''re *** or anything is it? You seriously rate hughes (not even good enough for a capital letter) and Etuhu?

[quote user="Paul Aldrich"]LOS you know that statement by MWM is as per your forum name, there is only a finite amount of ambition in football, for example, win the Championship, get established in the Premiership, win a domestic cup, get European football, win the UEFA Cup, win the Premiership, win the Chamipons League and become a national manager/manager of a bigger club - I would imagine most if not all managers in the Championship/Premiership would harbour such ambitions.[/quote]

Who is MWM?

Does analysing everything that comes from the manager or board members for negativity keep you people awake a night, I''m staggered that you put so much effort into twisting everything to make it look like theres some kind of sinister agenda. At least the Wizard admits he''s paranoid.

[/quote]

How can any manager with ambition consider Januarys performances and results AVERAGE!!!!!  case closed

[quote user="Safri15"]In my opinion Squit, I don''t know how you can defend the bloke - for a while I thought give him a bit of a chance, he''s been given two transfer windows, and still we''re in the bottom half of the table.... He can''t be judged on past glories anymore, those days are gone, long, long gone. As for new players not shining due to injuries.....it''s not because they''re *** or anything is it? You seriously rate hughes (not even good enough for a capital letter) and Etuhu?[/quote]

Thank you for your opinion. I never comment on individual players because I know from personal experience that this is counter productive and (as another poster can testify) that you look stupid when you change your mind about them. Players have made poor starts in the past and gone on to be heroes at CR others never recover from the sometimes unfair criticism they receive.

As for the managers ''past glories'' being  ''gone, long, long gone'', I think you guilty of being a bit short termist, how many managers get teams promoted after a relegation at the first attempt?

[quote user="Safri15"]In my opinion Squit, I don''t know how you can defend the bloke - for a while I thought give him a bit of a chance, he''s been given two transfer windows, and still we''re in the bottom half of the table.... He can''t be judged on past glories anymore, those days are gone, long, long gone. As for new players not shining due to injuries.....it''s not because they''re *** or anything is it? You seriously rate hughes (not even good enough for a capital letter) and Etuhu?[/quote]

Thank you for your opinion. I never comment on individual players because I know from personal experience that this is counter productive and (as another poster can testify) that you look stupid when you change your mind about them. Players have made poor starts in the past and gone on to be heroes at CR others never recover from the sometimes unfair criticism they receive.

As for the managers ''past glories'' being  ''gone, long, long gone'', I think you guilty of being a bit short termist, how many managers get teams promoted after a relegation at the first attempt?

[/quote] since about 1999

teams who didnt have to sell and got promoted 1st time: Charlton, Bolton, Leicester 1st time, WBA, Man City

teams who didnt have to sell  and took longer to get back up: Blackburn

teams who didnt have to sell and failed:  Ipswich, Wolves, Watford

teams who sold large numbers and got promoted 1st time: None

teams who sold large numbers and took longer to get back up: Sunderland West Ham

teams who sold large numbers and failed: Leeds, Coventry,  Leicester 2nd time, Derby,

teams who sold large numbers and fall apart:  Forest, Sheff Wednesday, Bradford, MK Dons

Look at palace 3rd kept more or less the same squad. southampton have had to sell their whole first team.

Paul, whilst I see what you are saying regarding teams that did''nt have to sell I would would argue that we did have sell.  Players like Francis, Helveg and Svennson all wanted to leave and in total we lost 9 players this summer.

LOS - For MWM read MWJ, apologies for the mistake. Cant speak for anybody else, but I was just responding to your post, I was not even aware that MWJ had made such a statement.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Paul, whilst I see what you are saying regarding teams that did''nt have to sell I would would argue that we did have sell.  Players like Francis, Helveg and Svennson all wanted to leave and in total we lost 9 players this summer.[/quote]

Gary HoltNottm ForestSigned27-06-2005
Thomas HelvegM''gladbach£ 13500004-07-2005
Marc EdworthyDerbyFree06-07-2005
Danny CrowPeterboroughFree08-07-2005
Phil MulryneCardiffFree28-07-2005
Damien FrancisWiganSigned05-08-2005

Mathais Jonson 750,000

We HAD to sel Helveg and Francis, I am sure if worthy had wanted to keep him Svenny could have been convinced to stay.  But i dont reckon he did to be honest.

Thats only 2 players, i am sure bolton charlton leicester etc etc lost a couple of good players...  the other teams had MASS clearouts - west ham sold about 27 million of players... sunderland sold 18 million leicester replace most of their squad..  Southampton have almost changed the entire first 11.

So the answer to the question ''How many managers get teams promoted after a relegation at the first attempt?''

is 5.

[/quote]

out of 15 yep squit, and how many of the other teams subsequently went up.... 3 west ham and sunderland whom both made the play-offs first time out and jack walkers millions at blackburn. the 7 other teams either got relegated or are still in the championship.....

doesnt bode too well for us then really.....

The premiership was an opportunity norwich have now wasted...

"I never comment on individual players "

There have been several comments about Jarrett and Colin that I can remember you being critical about - can you remind of the definition of ''never'' again LOS?[;)]