FatCanary

Buendia to Arsenal for reported £40m

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

"the" Broadstairs?

Its a small (very) town.

I rarely need talk matters NCFC here as they (the 'populous') seem mostly concerned with their yachts and the stock exchange and the oyster season, despite my efforts to the contrary.

We all have our burdon to bear though  ..... don't we????

So your link to your moniker is more tenuous than mine. I'm sure don't have to explain the point I've made, as youre a (self proclaimed) clever chap. 

So they pay little attention to you too, that must be frustrating for you. 

54 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Exactly this. Arsenal don't have £40m, so they will try to get Webber down - good luck with that. Then they will offer players in part exchange at inflated prices - I believe Nketiah for £20m has been mentioned, when he's worth £7m or £8m at most. We probably can't afford his wages and anyway he wouldn't start ahead of Pukki. Maitland-Niles is more interesting, but again we probably can't afford his wages and he would be a sad replacement.

I don't think Buendia is in "pushing for a move" mood at the moment. He's back in the PL and in the Argentina squad. And I don't think Arsenal would be the right club anyway.

I still expect him to be a Norwich player when the season starts. 

Nketiah might not be anything special but I would politely suggest you do some reading into market value if you think the recent captain and record goal scorer of the England U21s is worth £7-8m

Can anyone recall a situation in the past where a newly promoted team has sold their best players in the window ahead of going up?  I can't remember high profile examples of this, though that doesn't mean it hasn't happened!

We certainly don't want to transferring our best players to mid table also-rans... I could understand it, if Man City or Real came in, as much as it would be painful...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

So your link to your moniker is more tenuous than mine. I'm sure don't have to explain the point I've made, as youre a (self proclaimed) clever chap. 

So they pay little attention to you too, that must be frustrating for you. 

What?

I  live in Broadstairs and my name begins with 'R.' It is really quite that simple.

They pay little attention to matters NCFC here though. Whether they pay attention to me otherwise is another matter.

Your hole is deep enough already. 

Keep digging at will though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

What?

I  live in Broadstairs and my name begins with 'R.' It is really quite that simple.

They pay little attention to matters NCFC here though. Whether they pay attention to me otherwise is another matter.

Ooh, matron! I thought I was the one doling out the unsavoury innuendo

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Ooh, matron! I thought I was the one doling out the unsavoury innuendo

I'd say Greavsys hole is more stretched than deepened  by the look of what he posts.  

• Haha 2

Brings a whole new meaning to 'Buendia to the 4rse', doesn't it

Edited by FatCanary
keeping it on topic for Greavsy's sake

26 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

What?

And whilst I'm not the person in my pic, and have never claimed to be, and the majority aren't on here, I get questioned over my use of the pic, but you can post as using the name of a small area where you live. I get it. 

Anyways I'll leave you to your 👍 forum friends 👍 enjoy. 

I look forward to our next ensightful exchange, but aren't holding my breath. 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

And whilst I'm not the person in my pic, and have never claimed to be, and the majority aren't on here, I get questioned over my use of the pic, but you can post as using the name of a small area where you live. I get it. 

Anyways I'll leave you to your 👍 forum friends 👍 enjoy. 

I look forward to our next ensightful exchange, but aren't holding my breath. 

"Insightful."

If you cannot take the heat keep out of the kitchen.

Aggressiveness always flounders on this forum, just look at the stick/enemies Bill/Horsely accumulates.

The rest of your post made little sense.  Sorry!

Edited by BroadstairsR

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

"Insightful."

If you cannot take the heat keep out of the kitchen.

Aggressiveness always flounders on this forum, just look at the stick/enemies Bill/Horsely accumulates.

Sorry Miss - However I typed 'enlightening' initially and then changed it when I remembered who I posting about.

Where have I said I cant take the heat or been aggressive in this post? feel free to quote me - ill wait! 

4 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

At the clinic?

Norwichitis is an incurable disease...there is no clinic, unfortunately.  

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Sorry Miss - However I typed 'enlightening' initially and then changed it when I remembered who I posting about.

Where have I said I cant take the heat or been aggressive in this post? feel free to quote me - ill wait! 

That's my lot.

I'm not in the habit of kicking sick dogs.

P.S. Be more civilised in future and you will be treated as such.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Norwichitis is an incurable disease...there is no clinic, unfortunately.  

We all bleed Green and Yellow ! 

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

That's my lot.

I'm not in the habit of kicking sick dogs.

P.S. Be more civilised in future and you will be treated as such.

Forum police have arrived! 

Thanks for the advice Dad! 

If you don't like the replies, don't throw stones! 

Forgot to add - ill await for those quotes you mentioned that I asked for! 

And finally - this was your opening post to me in the thread - Does that pass for civilised?

Capture.PNG

Edited by Greavsy

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Forum police have arrived! 

Thanks for the advice Dad! 

If you don't like the replies, don't throw stones! 

1. You initially picked me up on a simple typo of the word line.

2. The highlight of your week was the pint and pie in the pub with your son before a live game. You once said that very thing. Are you not a dad now?

3. If I don't 'like the replies' stones would never be needed. Words suffice.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Goes out. Comes back some hours later. Switches on computer and looks at pink 'un thread on Buendia. Dear lord. Because City1st seems to be on an extended sabbatical doesn't mean the gap he has left absolutely has to be filled...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Guys you are arguing on a football forum, grow up.

I will always agree with that response because these spats become pathetic.

The thing is that when the occasional poster decides to initiate aggressive and personal stuff it needs addressing.

It's those that start it in the first place that your point should really  be directed at. And, of course, there's usually history.

Edited by BroadstairsR

39 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I will always agree with that response because these spats become pathetic.

The thing is that when the occasional poster decides to initiate aggressive and personal stuff it needs addressing.

Totally agree with the first point. 

Second point, awaiting those quotes of agression. 

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

1. You initially picked me up on a simple typo of the word line.

2. The highlight of your week was the pint and pie in the pub with your son before a live game. You once said that very thing. Are you not a dad now?

3. If I don't 'like the replies' stones would never be needed. Words suffice.

1. Your post was before mine, scroll back. 

2. Bit of ⚠ stalker alert ⚠ but it was only a pint, no pie and whilst good certainly not the highlight of the week, it was good and will be nice when we can return to those days. So yes I am a dad, but not sure how that's relevant and you're certainly and fortunately not mine. 

3 just make sure you spell them right, and don't use one's that are too long, as people might not have your level of understanding and intelligence. 

4. I thought you were done? 

Edited by Greavsy

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Do you two need to get a room?

Hopefully not. 😉 

Back on topic....

We are going to have to get use to this, it isn’t the first and won’t be the last, and not just for Buendia either. In fact, we all need to get use to the idea that it’s very likely one of the Crown Jewels (probably Max) is likely to be linked and then that will be that, a deal done and his chapter at Norwich closed. 

Couple of key points; Real Madrid find themselves at a bit of a cross roads, a lot of older players on one hand so they might want to hold onto Arsenals main target, but with the collapse of the super league seeing them in a financial mess and them likely to lose the title to their rivals Atletico will put them in a position where they will need to sign someone like Haaland or Mbape to keep the fans happy. That means they are going to have to shift players and 40 million for a previous fringe player might be too tempting.

The other is our resolve and the financial stability brought by potentially selling Max. If we do get a 30 million fee and Aarons heads on then we are even more in a position to hardball a team like Arsenal. We won’t need the money in comparison to the disruption it could cause and we would still be able to enter the market with the transfer fee we had already obtained, so that motivation would also be gone. I think with the Argentina call up already on the cards, Webber knows that Emi is just a 8-10 goal and 8-10 assist season away from a 50-60 million pound move next summer.

7 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think £40m will always be his ceiling while at Norwich. Hard to imagine any team going above that for a player who hasn't played in European competitions or shown they are capable at handling the pressure at a global team. 

If he gets and opportunity with Argentina and rises to the challenge, that might just suggest he can produce at that level.    Its how quickly he sees the opportunities and executes the pass so expertly that puts him up there with the best creators.    His defensive abilities wil ensure that he's always in the thick of games where other creators can be inconsistent.   

Get why you think it will be around £40m and likely it will be.    Suspect that very quickly, it will become apparent what a bargain such a fee will be.   Even if some team offered us £60m, will be disappointed to see him leave. 

Anyway.....I really do so hope that Emi (if he's gonna depart to pastures new), goes for a substantial fee to a top 3 Spanish side and not another English Premiership side.....I honestly couldn't bear to see him playing against us.....and torturing the living daylights out of the club that holds/held him, with such adulation and esteem......

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Do you two need to get a room?

An escape room? 🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If we are survive in the top league he has to stay next season. Selling him would be a massive mistake & a kick in the teeth to Farke.

He is irreplaceable in my opinion. I don't hold to the "outgrown us" thinking.

You don't need to believe in that thinking but the world of football and certainly a player of Emi's calibre does. Farke will be fully aware that for the right price Emi would end up leaving and that applies to almost every club in the Premier League. Even best club, best owners in the world Leicester had to sell Mahrez and Maguire - what makes you think we are any different?

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You don't need to believe in that thinking but the world of football and certainly a player of Emi's calibre does. Farke will be fully aware that for the right price Emi would end up leaving and that applies to almost every club in the Premier League. Even best club, best owners in the world Leicester had to sell Mahrez and Maguire - what makes you think we are any different?

They reinvested the money, heavily. I highly doubt we will. Buendia staying is our best bet of staying up IMO 

4 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Can anyone recall a situation in the past where a newly promoted team has sold their best players in the window ahead of going up?  I can't remember high profile examples of this, though that doesn't mean it hasn't happened!

We certainly don't want to transferring our best players to mid table also-rans... I could understand it, if Man City or Real came in, as much as it would be painful...

I can recall the exact same conversation happening on here two years ago, with certain factions bleating about how 'all the crown jewels were going to be sold'. We kept them all (Lewis, Godfrey, Buendia, Aarons, Cantwell).

Upon relegation, the same people were telling us that there was going to be a 'fire sale' of our star players. We sold two of the five, which given the coronavirus losses was a really good effort.

Under normal circumstances, the accepted wisdom would stand about not selling star players after promotion, and I'm sure we won't sell them on the cheap if they do go. Factoring in the post-coronavirus financial landscape, the fact that Emi, Max and Todd stayed with us on relegation was a blessing that a lot of fans haven't been appreciative enough of.

If we keep hold of either Max or Emi this summer, that would be fantastic. Keeping both would be almost beyond belief. Emi, in particular, is 24 and has taken a rather circuitous route to his current position. Time is of the essence, and I would be delighted and astonished in equal measure if he's still here in September. Aarons, at 21, might consider waiting out one more year to ensure he gets the right club. If one of them goes, though, the offer for the other will have to be astronomical for us to consider selling this summer. If they both leave, we should be bringing in an absolute minimum of £70m.

• Like 1