FatCanary

Buendia to Arsenal for reported £40m

Just now, FatCanary said:

This doesn't really interest me either, what does is why you're so intent on trying to wind others up....

Let keep it on topic. 

No intent on winding anyone up - I just asked you why there was more concrete in this one. If Broadstairs or anyone wishes to reply, they can, but not sure how that is me winding any one up.  

5 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

I have no interest in saying i told you so to anybody.

If that concept is difficult for you I apologise. Merely passing on what I've been told in some great and detailed conversations discussing all the permutations.

Winter nights must fly by in your cage! 

4 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Well now he is in the Argentina squad it’s no longer £40 million. Surely anyone playing in the same team as Messi is a £60 million+ player. 😆

That's the spirit.

Let's get an auction going.

I cannot quite accept that Arsenal, as mighty as they may be, are the only big club interested.

I feel like we'd be losing a player and a half if Buendia left, considering the relationship that he has developed with Pukki. Emi barely has to look up to know where he is and the number of chances that he's created for TP is incredible.

Would be gutted to see him go but it would certainly spice up the summer transfer window.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Winter nights must fly by in your cage! 

Mostly spent making music tbh

2 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Mostly spent making music tbh

Chirping............

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Arsenal are prepared to spend up to £40m for Odegaard - if Real decide they don't want to sell him then they will move onto Emi. Arsenal are also looking hard at Aarons.

Ultimately, Arsenal need to do some selling before they can do their buying - they want to offload quite a few players and that will need to happen first. Nketiah, Nelson, Bellerin, Naitland-Miles, Cedric, Willain are all for the chopping block. Get those done and they will have plenty of money to spend.

If Arsenal make a serious move for Emi I can see him pushing for a move, we all know he did last season (hence the fall out) and I think he will do so again. Will be a tough task to keep hold of him - I can see an sale for an overall total of £40m, but that will probably have lots of clauses and caveats about when the money arrives.

Exactly this. Arsenal don't have £40m, so they will try to get Webber down - good luck with that. Then they will offer players in part exchange at inflated prices - I believe Nketiah for £20m has been mentioned, when he's worth £7m or £8m at most. We probably can't afford his wages and anyway he wouldn't start ahead of Pukki. Maitland-Niles is more interesting, but again we probably can't afford his wages and he would be a sad replacement.

I don't think Buendia is in "pushing for a move" mood at the moment. He's back in the PL and in the Argentina squad. And I don't think Arsenal would be the right club anyway.

I still expect him to be a Norwich player when the season starts. 

It’s one of those horrible moments you get as a Norwich fan; big club makes huge sense for a star player which means an offer we can’t refuse, financially or due to players demands, leaving us a little nest egg but a massive hole that cannot be plugged. Big club stays big and little club is pushed back to where it “belongs” in the skewed and unlevel playing surface that is the football league 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

At least I can spell line! 

But thanks for your mature input, as always!  

It's Greavsie.

3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Exactly this. Arsenal don't have £40m, so they will try to get Webber down - good luck with that. Then they will offer players in part exchange at inflated prices - I believe Nketiah for £20m has been mentioned, when he's worth £7m or £8m at most. We probably can't afford his wages and anyway he wouldn't start ahead of Pukki. Maitland-Niles is more interesting, but again we probably can't afford his wages and he would be a sad replacement.

I don't think Buendia is in "pushing for a move" mood at the moment. He's back in the PL and in the Argentina squad. And I don't think Arsenal would be the right club anyway.

I still expect him to be a Norwich player when the season starts. 

That second last pragraph is, imo, the most sensible thing yet said.

Not too sure about the last though.

Edited by BroadstairsR

This thread is very bleak. Some people seem resigned to the fact already. 

Well. I'm not having it! I'm going to say that Emi is going to stay with us. 

Thank you very much for your attention

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

This thread is very bleak. Some people seem resigned to the fact already. 

Well. I'm not having it! I'm going to say that Emi is going to stay with us. 

Thank you very much for your attention

There's room for all in my threads pal.

I don't agree that Emi leaving is bleak, though. I back Webber to get his price and to reinvest it shrewdly.

We had the same thing about Maddison, and actually got better.

Whilst I don't think anything can make us better than having Buendia, £40m into the planning is a significant wedge that would allow us to plug all the other gaps in a Premier League way, Emi himself being replaced by a mid 20s dependable operator with great physical statistics, who would be less mercurial but would hopefully be well suited to our cause*

*no idea who this would be, i'm not a scout

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Why?   We are a PL outfit and he gets to ply his trade in the top league in the world. He's made the Agentina squad and his career is going very well - at Norwich. 

Imo the main reason he wanted to move last season was to play in the PL.  Well he's doing that now.  

Will Arsenal be challenging for anythingf next season? Not imo.

The yellow and green tinted spectacles are strong with this one. 

Although I do hope Emi agrees with you. 

17 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I had noticed ... and that's not just a typo.

Well done Broady, and Fuzzar, certainly isn't a typo.

Heres another clue,  my first name isn't Jimmy (or even James) either. 

I hope Emi never leaves. He does things that get you out of your seat and in my lifetime I only really remember Huckerby and Hoolahan doing that with anywhere near the same frequency, and I'm sorry but neither were as good then as Buendia is now.

7 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

There's room for all in my threads pal.

They are all public, room for all in all threads. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Ooh a pedant, you're hard.

It's fitting that there's actually nothing in your post and you've written your response inside my quote, as the value of your comment is actually less than nothing. So much for keep it on topic.

F

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Well done Broady, and Fuzzar, certainly isn't a typo.

Heres another clue,  my first name isn't Jimmy (or even James) either. 

Fascinating.

I always thought that Jimmy's surname was  Greaves.

Your use of his picture therefore bemuses.

Can't see with Arteta under pressure from fans to improve signing Emi would be a risk he is unlikely to take.  Emi will be here next season.    

13 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Ooh a pedant, you're hard.

It's fitting that there's actually nothing in your post and you've written your response inside my quote, as the value of your comment is actually less than nothing. So much for keep it on topic.

Well you're replying. Derrr! 

Edited by Greavsy

1 minute ago, pete said:

Can't see with Arteta under pressure from fans to improve signing Emi would be a risk he is unlikely to take.  Emi will be here next season.    

You can't relate those two statements.

Also, Arsenal aren't as bad as everyone thinks, they were earlier in the season but they're solid and pretty good now.

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

F

Fascinating.

I always thought that Jimmy's surname was  Greaves.

Your use of his picture therefore bemuses.

I'll leave you to work it out. 

However do you post for all of the Broadstairs populous In your replies, 

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think £40m will always be his ceiling while at Norwich. Hard to imagine any team going above that for a player who hasn't played in European competitions or shown they are capable at handling the pressure at a global team. 

Let's hope he outshines Messi for Argentina this Summer and we're quids in! 😀

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Well you replying. Derrr! 

My dear Greavesey,

I was merely emphasising your desire to keep things on topic, I don't care how deep the rabbit hole goes.

All euphemisms welcome.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

My dear Greavesey,

I was merely emphasising your desire to keep things on topic, I don't care how deep the rabbit hole goes.

All euphemisms welcome.

Very clever. 

Anyway I've other things to do, even if you haven't. So my replies may be a little delayed. Try not to miss me. 

Oh and everso grateful you let me post on your thread. Wonder if the pinkun writers have picked up on your mates story and ran a lead on it. 

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I'll leave you to work it out. 

However do you post for all of the Broadstairs populous In your replies, 

"the" Broadstairs?

Its a small (very) town.

I rarely need talk matters NCFC here as they (the 'populous') seem mostly concerned with their yachts and the stock exchange and the oyster season, despite my efforts to the contrary.

We all have our burdon to bear though  ..... don't we????

9 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

My dear Greavesey,

All euphemisms welcome.

I like you.

• Like 2