Jump to content
FatCanary

Buendia to Arsenal for reported £40m

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I just can't see Arsenal parting with the money, and I truly believe that because we are transparent about player progression Buendia understands and agrees upon his price- I have an Arsenal supporting mate who supposes de facto that all players would bend for a chance to join the mighty Gunners, and while I'm sure that's empirically true I think that we look after our top talents in a smarter and more secure way than most clubs - so Arsenal will make a low-ball offer we will reject and that will trigger a bidding war that will see Buendia leave but to a club that can actually afford him.

 

We will get our pound of erm......money.

 

edit: might be worth mentioning that KSE might bankroll this signing to help repair their reputation with Arsenal fans after the Super League stuff..

Edited by FatCanary
possible justification for sale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does this need a thread on its own? There is a transfer thread for this nonsense 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

Why does this need a thread on its own? There is a transfer thread for this nonsense 

Primarily because I don't care what you or anybody else thinks about that and if a moderator wants to move it that's fine.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Any offer around £40m and he’s gone. 

This much is obvious, and wasn't what I was saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

And also because I think breaking news on the future of possibly our greatest ever player is worth more than a reply to a 'catch-all' thread started by somebody with little man syndrome....

 

edit: this is not personal to whoever did start that thread, i haven't looked, just in general the idea of 'you must post in MY thread' is a bit weird.

Edited by FatCanary
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

Why does this need a thread on its own? There is a transfer thread for this nonsense 

I thought that the transfer thread concerned possible aquisitions. Not sales.

Besides, any news about Buendia, however small, warrants its own thread at this moment in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I thought that the transfer thread concerned possible aquisitions. Not sales.

Besides, any news about Buendia, however small, warrants its own thread at this moment in time.

Thank you for not being a spiteful individual that others feel empowered to be when communicating by text.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Primarily because I don't care what you or anybody else thinks about that and if a moderator wants to move it that's fine.

You’ve settled in very well on here and I like your style. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic, I think he might just go to Arsenal, you know.

My mate is well read on all matters Arsenal and it all adds up... they'd be signing him as their '10', their fulcrum, which he argues would not be the best use of Buendia in their system and is exactly the kind of thing their downright weird transfer policy would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal are prepared to spend up to £40m for Odegaard - if Real decide they don't want to sell him then they will move onto Emi. Arsenal are also looking hard at Aarons.

Ultimately, Arsenal need to do some selling before they can do their buying - they want to offload quite a few players and that will need to happen first. Nketiah, Nelson, Bellerin, Naitland-Miles, Cedric, Willain are all for the chopping block. Get those done and they will have plenty of money to spend.

If Arsenal make a serious move for Emi I can see him pushing for a move, we all know he did last season (hence the fall out) and I think he will do so again. Will be a tough task to keep hold of him - I can see an sale for an overall total of £40m, but that will probably have lots of clauses and caveats about when the money arrives.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The thing is, if we can hang onto him and he shines at the top table for one season, as he could well do, then £40m will become a joke.

Joelinton and Sarr both apparently cost that.

At least a bottom line is established for now.  

 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BroadstairsR said:

The thing is, if we can hang onto him and he shines at the top table for one season, as he could well do, then £40m will become a joke.

At least a bottom lione is established for now.  

I think £40m will always be his ceiling while at Norwich. Hard to imagine any team going above that for a player who hasn't played in European competitions or shown they are capable at handling the pressure at a global team. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s outgrown us, Just squeeze every penny out the buying club, then reinvest a fraction of it. It’s the Norwich way and always has been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

image.jpeg.82a516ab7d971a6dbc132689f36d28ad.jpeg ?

I was rinsing out my loin cloth at the time and got confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Arsenal are prepared to spend up to £40m for Odegaard - if Real decide they don't want to sell him then they will move onto Emi. Arsenal are also looking hard at Aarons.

Ultimately, Arsenal need to do some selling before they can do their buying - they want to offload quite a few players and that will need to happen first. Nketiah, Nelson, Bellerin, Naitland-Miles, Cedric, Willain are all for the chopping block. Get those done and they will have plenty of money to spend.

If Arsenal make a serious move for Emi I can see him pushing for a move, we all know he did last season (hence the fall out) and I think he will do so again. Will be a tough task to keep hold of him - I can see an sale for an overall total of £40m, but that will probably have lots of clauses and caveats about when the money arrives.

 

I personally think they'll struggle to shift most of them- Nketiah and Nelson for example are good young players for a team like Newcastle or Palace but those teams aren't spending big fees right now. I think the days of clubs like Arsenal being able to demand £15-20m odd for their fringe players are done for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He’s outgrown us,

Why?   We are a PL outfit and he gets to ply his trade in the top league in the world. He's made the Agentina squad and his career is going very well - at Norwich. 

Imo the main reason he wanted to move last season was to play in the PL.  Well he's doing that now.  

Will Arsenal be challenging for anythingf next season? Not imo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuinely worried we'd lose him for that. He'd be absolutely ideal for Arsenal playing behind Aubameyang.

Hopefully they look to keep faith in Emile Smith-Rowe in the number 10 role rather than spend £40m.

They do have a few breakout youngsters I like the look of as part ex though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if his sights might be set higher than Arsenal, who have been extremely ordinary this season - but I suppose with a rebuild might be seen as a good option. Thing with Emi is that given his roots the international market is perhaps much more a realistic proposition. 

The problem for us is that we all think he’ll be much harder to replace than Aarons or Todd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Arsenal are prepared to spend up to £40m for Odegaard - if Real decide they don't want to sell him then they will move onto Emi. Arsenal are also looking hard at Aarons.

Ultimately, Arsenal need to do some selling before they can do their buying - they want to offload quite a few players and that will need to happen first. Nketiah, Nelson, Bellerin, Naitland-Miles, Cedric, Willain are all for the chopping block. Get those done and they will have plenty of money to spend.

If Arsenal make a serious move for Emi I can see him pushing for a move, we all know he did last season (hence the fall out) and I think he will do so again. Will be a tough task to keep hold of him - I can see an sale for an overall total of £40m, but that will probably have lots of clauses and caveats about when the money arrives.

 

I think Emi has matured significantly and I think he respects that we will allow him to leave for what we feel he is worth and not less.

I agree he pushed for a move a year ago, I don't think he would now. I do think Arsenal will pay up, in full, and he will go, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FatCanary said:

I think Emi has matured significantly and I think he respects that we will allow him to leave for what we feel he is worth and not less.

I agree he pushed for a move a year ago, I don't think he would now. I do think Arsenal will pay up, in full, and he will go, though.

Also, we had just been relegated, so can you blame him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Why?   We are a PL outfit and he gets to ply his trade in the top league in the world. He's made the Agentina squad and his career is going very well - at Norwich. 

Imo the main reason he wanted to move last season was to play in the PL.  Well he's doing that now.  

Will Arsenal be challenging for anythingf next season? Not imo.

You could be right, for now at least.

Was it Corky who recently gave some insight into the players personal/family preferences? 

Edited by BroadstairsR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FatCanary said:

@Bethnal Yellow and Green Arsenal are really struggling to shift those players. Could you see, say, Nketiah being offered as part of a deal for Buendia?

I’m sure Arsenal would think about it - whether Nketiah would want to come to Norwich is another matter and if Norwich would want him is also doubtful - they would almost certainly prefer the cash. 

Player exchanges are very rare, but are talked about a lot, in reality they are incredibly difficult to organise. Easier to just arrange the two transfers separately than tie them to each other. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I’m sure Arsenal would think about it - whether Nketiah would want to come to Norwich is another matter and if Norwich would want him is also doubtful - they would almost certainly prefer the cash. 

Player exchanges are very rare, but are talked about a lot, in reality they are incredibly difficult to organise. Easier to just arrange the two transfers separately than tie them to each other. 

Good point, but I do feel that Nketiah would be exactly the kind of competition for Pukki we are looking for. If he would come, and we could still get a deal worth £20-25m for Emi on top of that.....not sure what Nketiah's value is, mind.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

You could be right, for now at least.

Was it Corky who recently gave some insight into the players personal/family preferences? 

I did Broado, but as stated at the time the source was  an Argentinian client with an avid interest in footy.....and NCFC... since I infected her.  She did not provide evidence,  just what she believed,  mind you she does read Argentinian  newspapers  and there may have been something in those when his international  call up was announced.  I may be meeting her on Friday...I'll press for more information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I wonder if his sights might be set higher than Arsenal, who have been extremely ordinary this season - but I suppose with a rebuild might be seen as a good option. Thing with Emi is that given his roots the international market is perhaps much more a realistic proposition. 

The problem for us is that we all think he’ll be much harder to replace than Aarons or Todd.

I don't think we will see anyone of a larger stature than Arsenal move for Emi this summer.

Almost impossible for him to move outside of England as there is very little money knocking around, even before Covid it would be hard for a European team to compete with a Premier League team in money terms. Unless a huge team like Atletico, Bayern or PSG are interested they just isn't anyone with the spending power to bring him in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Why?   We are a PL outfit and he gets to ply his trade in the top league in the world. He's made the Agentina squad and his career is going very well - at Norwich. 

Imo the main reason he wanted to move last season was to play in the PL.  Well he's doing that now.  

Will Arsenal be challenging for anythingf next season? Not imo.

I’d love you to be right, Arsenal have as much chance challenging for honours as we have avoiding another relegation. If they really want him I’m sure he’d be happy to sign for them. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Why?   We are a PL outfit and he gets to ply his trade in the top league in the world. He's made the Agentina squad and his career is going very well - at Norwich. 

Imo the main reason he wanted to move last season was to play in the PL.  Well he's doing that now.  

Will Arsenal be challenging for anythingf next season? Not imo.

Arsenal could treble his wages, guarantee him Premier League football every season he is there and cement him in the Argentina squad. He won't be challenging for anything at Norwich either, but could damage his international (and financial) by staying at a club that is in a relegation battle. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...