FatCanary

Buendia to Arsenal for reported £40m

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:
7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well I'm still holding on to the fact that we don't need to sell anyone, that with a few tweaks we could mount a real challenge next season and that our club is the best one to be at for a the caring aspect for players and their families. That is a lot to give up, whoever is coming in for any of our players. 

A footballer's career is short, if you are happy where you are and think/believe your ambitions can be met where you are, then there is no pressure to move. Agents/other clubs may try and persuade you otherwise, the big money might be tempting, but really the unmeasurable things are the important things. 

Money/London/struggling big club with questionable set up/? Keep it.

Mount a real challenge for what? Champions League or one of the cups? 

Yes. Why not.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Why?   We are a PL outfit and he gets to ply his trade in the top league in the world. He's made the Agentina squad and his career is going very well - at Norwich. 

Imo the main reason he wanted to move last season was to play in the PL.  Well he's doing that now.  

Will Arsenal be challenging for anythingf next season? Not imo.

Arsenal have picked up in the second half of the season. Third in the table based on the last 15 games 

20210520_114330.thumb.jpg.e254aa132180c452cbb07dd3aac1fc9e.jpg

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Honestly give up at times some of the absolute nonsense on this thread makes me look like Einstein 

No fool can truly see himself in the fool's mirror.

38 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

No one made a solid bid for him last season, so his and Norwich's resolve were never fully tested.

Interesting to see how hard we try to keep him £40m is a no brainer

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Mount a real challenge for what? Champions League or one of the cups? 

17th

Why do people still get worked up over Lakey's ambition?

I would have thought it was clear that his romanticism of our place in world football is cute but sadly delusional and we all just sort of quietly agreed that, but what do I know, I'm new

2 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

I would have thought it was clear that his romanticism of our place in world football is cute but sadly delusional and we all just sort of quietly agreed that, but what do I know, I'm new

I don’t think many get worked up, they just go into shock at his reasoning 

1 hour ago, FatCanary said:

this is a little more concrete, I'm afraid.

Based on what? are you ITK? 

43 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:
46 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

I don’t think many get worked up, they just go into shock at his reasoning

Our place in world football next season will be decided next season.

I will hang on to my "delusion" if that is what you want to call it, that we can do well in any season that we go into.  That includes next season of course. We could win a cup, yes we could challenge at the top of the table too.

Yes, we could finish bottom too, I know that, but at this stage, I am retaining my view that we have something really special going on and any player should think very carefully about moving to another club.  Godfrey it is fairly clear wanted to work under Ancelotti and he is doing brilliantly well - a good move for him. Others who left us have not done so well. Buendia to Arsenal doesn't feel right to me. Arteta isn't the brightest coach imo, the bigger set up at the club is not brilliant either. 

I would say if money is your wish go to Arsenal, if playing in London is your wish go to Arsenal, if losing that family feel to a club is your wish go to Arsenal, if you want take your family to live in Herftordshire in a big house with no immediate friends and support network around you, go to Arsenal.  I would have no objections about Emi moving to another club, but personally I think he would be better waiting for a better opportunity than Arsenal. I think Man City should be his aim, a much better club to go to and one that will look after him too. Not this season maybe, but maybe next when his stock will have risen even more. 

Edited by lake district canary

17 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Based on what? are you ITK? 

If I was, I certainly wouldn't reveal anything I believed to be pertinent on a forum.

2 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

If I was, I certainly wouldn't reveal anything I believed to be pertinent on a forum.

Don't use such long words.

You'll just confuse him.

If we do sell Emi for 40 odd million is that a good thing? If the club reinvests it in 3 or 4 players does that make the club stronger? Because I've heard that it's the weak links that cost you games rather than the strong ones that win them for you, but also we look so much better when Emi is playing (I cba to dig out the stats about points with / without him but they're pretty convincing)

Just now, lake district canary said:

Our place in world football next season will be decided next season.

I will hang on to my "delusion" if that is what you want to call it, that we can do well in any season that we go into.  That includes next season of course. We could win a cup, yes we could challenge at the top of the table too.

Yes, we could finish bottom too, I know that, but at this stage, I am retaining my view that we have something really special going on and any player should think very carefully about moving to another club.  Godfrey it is fairly clear wanted to work under Ancelotti and he is doing brilliantly well - a good move for him. Others who left us have not done so well. Buendia to Arsenal doesn't feel right to me. Arteta isn't the brightest coach imo, the bigger set up at the club is not brilliant either. 

I would say if money is your wish go to Arsenal, if playing in London is your wish go to Arsenal, if losing that family feel to a club is your wish go to Arsenal, if you want take your family to live in Herftordshire in a big house with no immediate friends and support network around you, go to Arsenal.  I would have no objections about Emi moving to another club, but personally I think he would be . better waiting for a better opportunity than Arsenal. I think Man City should be his aim, a much better club to go to and one that will look after him too. Not this season maybe, but maybe next when his stock will have risen even more. 

I love Emi Buendia and I love the idea we could do a Leicester or something, but I think you're wildly misjudging how football works as a whole and how important having money is to your ability to succeed long term. Whether you like it or not, we are a have-not trying an unorthodox method to mix it with the haves, and part of that method is recycling talent. When you take the long view, holding on to Buendia weakens us, as it weakens how we are perceived by clubs with whom having a good relationship is paramount if we wish to truly progress ourselves. Hanging on to him for too long will sour our relationship with not just him but with the elite clubs, which will not help Webber's ambition to position us as a finishing school for elite talent, which is our best chance of relative success.

Also I think Arsenal are due a little more respect than you give them. Massive club compared to us and any of our players would move there if they came in at the right price.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Don't use such long words.

You'll just confuse him.

At least I can spell line! 

But thanks for your mature input, as always!  

7 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

So its more concrete based on what? 

4 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

I love Emi Buendia and I love the idea we could do a Leicester or something, but I think you're wildly misjudging how football works as a whole and how important having money is to your ability to succeed long term. Whether you like it or not, we are a have-not trying an unorthodox method to mix it with the haves, and part of that method is recycling talent. When you take the long view, holding on to Buendia weakens us, as it weakens how we are perceived by clubs with whom having a good relationship is paramount if we wish to truly progress ourselves. Hanging on to him for too long will sour our relationship with not just him but with the elite clubs, which will not help Webber's ambition to position us as a finishing school for elite talent, which is our best chance of relative success.

Also I think Arsenal are due a little more respect than you give them. Massive club compared to us and any of our players would move there if they came in at the right price.

I'm not suggesting "we hang on to him". It is up to Emi at the end of the day. The club could receive an offer and it could be put to Emi that we don't need to sell him, that we would like him to stay of he wants to and then it is up to him to decide. If he decides to go, then so be it, but we know - and he knows - the club won't stand in his way if he wants to go (at the right price, of course). 

Edited by lake district canary

Just now, Greavsy said:

So its more concrete based on what? 

I've got an Arsenal mate who is very well versed in the goings on at his club. If they can't get Odegaard, they will be balls out for Emi.

Don't shoot the messenger.

54 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

It isn't his ambition, its his inability to recognise that the way he sees things doesn't apply to most people and certainly not a young, amibitious professional footballer like Buendia.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He’s outgrown us, Just squeeze every penny out the buying club, then reinvest a fraction of it. It’s the Norwich way and always has been. 

If we are survive in the top league he has to stay next season. Selling him would be a massive mistake & a kick in the teeth to Farke.

He is irreplaceable in my opinion. I don't hold to the "outgrown us" thinking.

Just now, FatCanary said:

I've got an Arsenal mate who is very well versed in the goings on at his club. If they can't get Odegaard, they will be balls out for Emi.

Don't shoot the messenger.

So its  rumour, and you're hedging your bets, it if comes off its a 'told you so' and if it doesnt, its a 'told you so' 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

At least I can spell line! 

But thanks for your mature input, as always!  

To be fair this is a decent comeback, much as I understand why Broadstairs made the point initially

Just now, Greavsy said:

So its  rumour, and you're hedging your bets, it if comes off its a 'told you so' and if it doesnt, its a 'told you so' 

I have no interest in saying i told you so to anybody.

If that concept is difficult for you I apologise. Merely passing on what I've been told in some great and detailed conversations discussing all the permutations.

1 minute ago, FatCanary said:

To be fair this is a decent comeback, much as I understand why Broadstairs made the point initially

Im sure he will be chuffed with your approval! 

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

It isn't his ambition, its his inability to recognise that the way he sees things doesn't apply to most people and certainly not a young, amibitious professional footballer like Buendia.

this is an outstanding take.

Just now, Greavsy said:

This doesn't really interest me either, what does is why you're so intent on trying to wind others up....

Just now, Greavsy said:

As I am yours! No really I am! 

Well now he is in the Argentina squad it’s no longer £40 million. Surely anyone playing in the same team as Messi is a £60 million+ player. 😆