Doing the rounds on Twitter. I will wait to see any potential re-designs before making a judgement. Don't hate the current crest, but also don't absolutely love it. As long as it isn't an identi-circle one.

This should be put to the fans if there was to be a change. 

Personally,  I'd like to see a modernisation of our current one 

• Like 1

It seems to been a part of the fan consultation the club launched recently - they don't directly express it, but ask a question about images people associate with Norwich City - the canary, castle and lion were all options.

There has been a recent trend of shirt manufacturers recommending clubs simplify their badges and kit designs as cleaner looking kits tend to sell better, and are cheaper to manufacture and thus more profitable for the maker. I wouldn't be surprised at with a new shirt manufacturer being announced soon, as part of those talks the redesign of the badge was brought up. There is already a simplified version on the third kit which I think looks pretty good.

Agree with most on here- If there is to be a change I would like to see it done via a multiple options choices fan vote rather than just change it out of the blue without warning, and that one of the options on the vote is to keep the current badge.

Would not mind seeing either a cleaner, more modern take on our badge, or prehaps even a more simplistic take, such as just the bird on the ball and our founding date underneath.

One thing I would like seeing changed, not removed entirely prehaps, is the current lion.. I mean it does look more like a 1960's scooby doo ghost than a lion 

"There has been a recent trend of shirt manufacturers recommending clubs simplify their badges ..... "

Yes, and I'm thinking now of the current Swansea and Derby badges ... which are really logos.

Both very modern, very artistic and, imo, very good.

Perhaps a lined drawing of just a canary in this  kind of shape might be nice:

image.png.62c77dc2a7c104795b27c473e179866a.png

Any artists in the house?

Edited by BroadstairsR

12 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It seems to been a part of the fan consultation the club launched recently - they don't directly express it, but ask a question about images people associate with Norwich City - the canary, castle and lion were all options.

There has been a recent trend of shirt manufacturers recommending clubs simplify their badges and kit designs as cleaner looking kits tend to sell better, and are cheaper to manufacture and thus more profitable for the maker. I wouldn't be surprised at with a new shirt manufacturer being announced soon, as part of those talks the redesign of the badge was brought up. There is already a simplified version on the third kit which I think looks pretty good.

I'd like the 3rd kit badge a lot more if it didn't remind me of Spurs so much. 

I'd still like to have the castle involved, not so much the lion. 

in my view our badge is perfectly simple and the absence of any text makes it hugely effective and one of the last of the great football badges IMO.

Anything we do to change it will make it worse.

Luckily it doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

in my view our badge is perfectly simple and the absence of any text makes it hugely effective and one of the last of the great football badges IMO.

Anything we do to change it will make it worse.

Luckily it doesn't really matter.

There's something in that.

Perhaps a club badge and a logo on the shirts.

• Like 1

Wouldn't actually be against a club badge/team logo setup. Would mean the shirt logo could be any old **** as long as a Canary was vaguely involved.

After all you have a club captain and a team captain...not always the same person.

Having said that i'm pretty sure someone with a background in marketing will tell me why that is an insane idea.

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Agree with most on here- If there is to be a change I would like to see it done via a multiple options choices fan vote rather than just change it out of the blue without warning, and that one of the options on the vote is to keep the current badge.

Would not mind seeing either a cleaner, more modern take on our badge, or prehaps even a more simplistic take, such as just the bird on the ball and our founding date underneath.

One thing I would like seeing changed, not removed entirely prehaps, is the current lion.. I mean it does look more like a 1960's scooby doo ghost than a lion 

This is one of my many hobby-horses but if nothing else the ball - if it's kept - has to change. Those lines of shading just look amateurish compared with the rest of the design. And in general the idea that the current design could not possibly be improved upon is nonsense. One way of involving fans would be to turn it into a competition, of course.

I'd like to see a giant yellow canary sh!tting on a tiny blue horse, as part of the new design.

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

When badge changes go bad 

8A05B367-637E-4A25-9EB7-2E1B65C4259E.jpeg

😂😂😂

I'd be happy if it's this. Can't imagine an Evening News reader will get to design it this time though.

E1vBCgTWEAI9X78.jpg

16 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

When badge changes go bad 

8A05B367-637E-4A25-9EB7-2E1B65C4259E.jpeg

Looks like it’s come from an Eastern bloc communist poster

9 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Looks like it’s come from an Eastern bloc communist poster

I thought it was off a computer game or something.

I don't think our badge needs much changing. Ultimately the lion and castle is the Norwich coat of arms, just a very stylised version of it. If we're not careful it will look like Bristol City's re-jig which looks OK, but a bit "generic".

49 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As I said yesterday in the fan consultation thread, I'd be happy just to keep the canary on its own, ideally sitting on the ball. Although tweaked slightly for modernisation reasons would make sense.

Hows this artistic mockup I made? Took me hours of work 😉

spurs.png

It's a bit "identi-circle", but I quite liked the new Brizzle City logo. How would you feel about this but in yellow and green?

PDVs9Jm.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Tired said:

It's a bit "identi-circle", but I quite liked the new Brizzle City logo. How would you feel about this but in yellow and green?

PDVs9Jm.png

Which was a bit similar to Brentford's (which I do like, but again, circular and therefore very identi-kit).

This would be an improvement in two ways (the ball and the lion) if the idea was to keep roughly to the current design:

Norwich City FC rebrand concept on Behance

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

This would be an improvement in two ways (the ball and the lion) if the idea was to keep roughly to the current design:

Norwich City FC rebrand concept on Behance

Hold up why oh why does that look so.. familiar? 😉

29 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hows this artistic mockup I made? Took me hours of work 😉

spurs.png

Something like that but with a canary instead of a c0ck.

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I imagine the badge that is already on the third kit, or something very similar, will find its way onto the first kit. 

image.thumb.png.2a73a622af67268feca0742da38cefde.png

Something along those lines would be my preference.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I imagine the badge that is already on the third kit, or something very similar, will find its way onto the first kit. 

image.thumb.png.2a73a622af67268feca0742da38cefde.png

If we were to change it, then I could live with this.

But I love our club badge as it is. I’m not filled with confidence about a change at all.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hold up why oh why does that look so.. familiar? 😉

Reminded me of the old Lithuanian national football team badge.

Lithuania Primary Logo | Football team logos, Football logo, Soccer logo

I thought there was another non-league club called the canaries who pretty much just have a canary as their badge motif which looks a lot like a modernised version of our bird. I can't recall their name, pretty such @cambridgeshire canary posted something about them changing their kit to yellow a few weeks ago.

I'm not keen on a change in crest, but football badges, like User Interface design on apps / websites seem to be getting 'flatter' and bolder so it's just a sign of the times I guess.