Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Under The Cosh podcast

Has watching these videos made people realise that most footballers are complete helmets? 

Sort of turning me off the sport somewhat. Andy Johnson (the Norwich one) would get on really well with Ben Marshall!

Any of these interviews that somebody can recommend where the interviewee isn't either really thick or an obvious cnut?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 1

It's been a while since I listened to any of them but I do remember the Dean Windass and Kevin Campbell ones being good. Whether they fit into your criteria, though, is another question!

It highlights how immature some of them really are. Almost playground like at times. Some good ones in there, but you've got to sift through some silt first.

Holty was ok wasn’t he?

I can’t stand the format personally. I get people enjoy the laddy element and they will do well for that reason, but they really give rise to the phrase “a game for gentleman played by hooligans”. 

Bear in mind they're going to bring guest on who fit in with the vibe of the show they're trying to create. I really enjoyed the Grant Holt one and the Danny Mills one but because it was funny watching him make an utter t1t out of himself and burn all bridges with the only club that didn't think he was a t0s5er before.

I think that kind of laddish culture is dying off a bit anyway, particularly among those under 30. But everyone's different. A Kenny Mclean or Jordan Hugill would probably fit right in on that show, I imagine interviewing a Max Aarons or Todd Cantwell would be awkward as hell and like pulling teeth for them though.

3 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Bear in mind they're going to bring guest on who fit in with the vibe of the show they're trying to create. I really enjoyed the Grant Holt one and the Danny Mills one but because it was funny watching him make an utter t1t out of himself and burn all bridges with the only club that didn't think he was a t0s5er before.

I think that kind of laddish culture is dying off a bit anyway, particularly among those under 30. But everyone's different. A Kenny Mclean or Jordan Hugill would probably fit right in on that show, I imagine interviewing a Max Aarons or Todd Cantwell would be awkward as hell and like pulling teeth for them though.

To be fair, I did think that you've got your Gareth Soutgates and Greame Le Saux's who wouldn't fit in on that show, but can see why Le Saux didn't fit in at his clubs because he read The Guardian (or just could read). 

And I suppose the reason some of these people are available for interview is because football would never give them a proper job in the game, like trusting them to coach their U23s. 

Have you heard the High Performance Podcast? I'm not the world's biggest Jake Humphrey fan, but the psychologist on there as co host makes for some really fascinating questions. The Stuart Webber one is essential listening for Norwich fans 

• Like 1

I watched 10 secs of the Danny Mills one . It was as funny as stubbing your toe . 

Hawksbee and Jacobs is quite a good podcast and sort of football related . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard