If he does go I reckon it will be to Man City - they’re the strongest club in the PL at the moment. I think Kane should still be able to play regularly if he goes there - Aguero also leaving this summer. Have also seen a rumour that he wants to break Shearer’s record in the PL - currently 7th 

I can see him ending up in Manchester if he does leave, but I'm not sure which colour he'd be playing in. 

It sounds like Spurs are adamant he won't go though, and with three years on his contract they aren't forced to sell this summer. But this is Daniel Levy we're talking about, who'd sell his own mother if someone was to pay over the market value.

I'm not sure he's a Farke sort of player. Maybe we could take him on a loan-to-buy deal like Giannoulis?

• Haha 1

Apparently wants to stay in England, so given 'pool signed Jota and United Cavani, that leaves Man City or Chelsea I'd guess. Can't see it not being Man City if he does move, imagine them signing both Messi and Kane this summer!

Man City the only team who will pay what Spurs will demand. How will Spurs replace his goals? They are a very ordinary team without him.

I think Son, Lo Celso and Sissoko are a little better than  ordinary - in fact most of the team are apart from their overated English players.

2 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

If he does go I reckon it will be to Man City - they’re the strongest club in the PL at the moment. I think Kane should still be able to play regularly if he goes there - Aguero also leaving this summer. Have also seen a rumour that he wants to break Shearer’s record in the PL - currently 7th 

Aguero leaving them, Kane want's to join a club he will be guarented to start at and one that will win trophies.

Think he's gonna be wearing blue next season

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Aguero leaving them, Kane want's to join a club he will be guarented to start at and one that will win trophies.

Think he's gonna be wearing blue next season

Wearing blue? I'm not sure the Papa John's Trophy will be to his taste

• Haha 2

He'll either be at City or still at Spurs next season, only Chelsea and City can afford him and just can't see him going to Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

He'll either be at City or still at Spurs next season, only Chelsea and City can afford him and just can't see him going to Chelsea. 

Oh, so you're in the "unfinished business" camp too then...Webber is wanting quality over quantity after all 🤣 but I think you may be overestimating our spending power.

• Haha 3

I think he's hoping to get on board with us now so he's in prime position to get his hands on silverware when we bounce back up to the premier league in 2 years time! Can't fault him for playing the long game like that really.

3 hours ago, AJ said:

Wearing blue? I'm not sure the Papa John's Trophy will be to his taste

Don’t think he’ll mind wearing sky blue in the 1st tier, but I certainly can’t see him wearing deep blue in the 3rd tier

On 18/05/2021 at 12:35, NWC said:

I think Son, Lo Celso and Sissoko are a little better than  ordinary - in fact most of the team are apart from their overated English players.

That'll be why they've done so well recently. Spurs are a squad in decline - the fact that Skipp is being touted by their caretaker manager as their possible best option for a starting place next season shows that rebuilding is necessary. It will be interesting to see what manager they can attract.

I think Spurs are going to be proper interesting to watch over the next season.

Kane leaving could be a watershed moment for them. Personally, if I were Levy, I'd say £150m or he's not going. I think Man City might pay it. I'd also look to sell some of the deadwood they've got - like Dele Alli, who needs to move on and get a fresh start. I'd use whatever's raised to buy four or five and give what is really a tired squad a proper revamp, particularly in defence. 

I'd also look to get a manager who can bring on youth. They've got some good players in that youth team. 

But I can see Levy hiring a manager with a big reputation (like Mourinho) who most could see was all wrong for where Spurs are now, keeping Kane against his will and trying to carry on with a squad that has screamed mid table since Poch left.   

Spurs are not a bad side, but they haven't got the depth to compete at the top. Losing Kane would be a huge backward step, but equally it would give them a lot of money to invest in the playing squad. Hopefully that happens and they sign a few midfielders so they don't need Skippy... 

Edited by AJ

Thanks to Covid and three years left on his contract mean he's not in a great position, Levy isn't going to readily let him go to another PL club unless they pay silly money and the likes of Real Madrid are skint so I just can't see many clubs being able to bid for him. 

41 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Thanks to Covid and three years left on his contract mean he's not in a great position, Levy isn't going to readily let him go to another PL club unless they pay silly money and the likes of Real Madrid are skint so I just can't see many clubs being able to bid for him. 

I can't see him going anywhere but Man City. If any player anywhere in the world wants to join a team in the prem its them.

On 18/05/2021 at 08:52, Midlands Yellow said:

Unfinished business at Carrow road. 

I assume you are referring to his, err, 'undistinguished' spell with us a few years ago?

I don't think Webber & Farke would be prepared to take a risk on a player who was so clearly overawed by the surroundings last time he was here...........

• Haha 1

Utd or City seem the only viable options, given the financial state and current squads of the other massive clubs. He won't go to Chelsea. But he'll probably still be at Spurs next year.

Man City have offered 100m for him, but the press are saying it will get turned down.