Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Tonight’s Championship play off matches

What are your predictions for the games tonight folks? A nice set of games for us to watch already comfortable in the knowledge that we’ve already done the hard work and secured our spot back in amongst the elite. Both games are live on Sky with Bournemouth v Brentford kicking off at 6pm, Barnsley v Swansea follows pretty much straight after.

I think Brentford will beat Bournemouth at the ****ality tonight. 2-1.

And in the game later on in the evening at Oakwell, I think Barnsley will edge the first leg over Swansea 1-0.

Actually prefer the Playoffs to the Champions League to be honest. The most nerve wracking games to be involved in as supporters, but always great fun for the neutral with so much at stake!

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

What are your predictions for the games tonight folks? A nice set of games for us to watch already comfortable in the knowledge that we’ve already done the hard work and secured our spot back in amongst the elite. Both games are live on Sky with Bournemouth v Brentford kicking off at 6pm, Barnsley v Swansea follows pretty much straight after.

I think Brentford will beat Bournemouth at the ****ality tonight. 2-1.

And in the game later on in the evening at Oakwell, I think Barnsley will edge the first leg over Swansea 1-0.

Actually prefer the Playoffs to the Champions League to be honest. The most nerve wracking games to be involved in as supporters, but always great fun for the neutral with so much at stake!

Its a great way to sort out 3rd promotion  spot.The  Corporate v Supporter ratio in he play offs is much less than FA cup semis and final, which is a lot less than a CL final ....I know this season is different, but by christ , walking into Wembley seeing half the stadium green and yellow , and the other half red and white is something I'll  never forget. 

• Like 1

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Its a great way to sort out 3rd promotion  spot.The  Corporate v Supporter ratio in he play offs is much less than FA cup semis and final, which is a lot less than a CL final ....I know this season is different, but by christ , walking into Wembley seeing half the stadium green and yellow , and the other half red and white is something I'll  never forget. 

I too will never forget that, M - to be at Wembley and see so many City fans was just the most incredible sight. We stole North London from Arsenal and Tottenham for that afternoon at least. 🏆

P.s I know @hogesarwas also there because I remember seeing his forum name on the back of his shirt down Wembley Way!

8 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I think Bournemouth will go up. Which I very much hope is the kiss of death for them. 

I’m with you on that GPB! But am hoping for Barnsley to get past Swansea, as I’d definitely fancy Barnsley in a one off game against any one of those sides, we know first hand how difficult a side they are to play!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I too will never forget that, M - to be at Wembley and see so many City fans was just the most incredible sight. We stole North London from Arsenal and Tottenham for that afternoon at least. 🏆

P.s I know @hogesarwas also there because I remember seeing his forum name on the back of his shirt down Wembley Way!

I took   a photo  of a guys shirt  that read WINTY on the back and sent it to my son, as when he was little  he couldn't say 'Winky' and would say Winty. ..... his name for his tadger.  Made us both chuckle.

• Like 1

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

I took   a photo  of a guys shirt  that read WINTY on the back and sent it to my son, as when he was little  he couldn't say 'Winky' and would say Winty. ..... his name for his tadger.  Made us both chuckle.

Out of likes Corkio, but amusing ha ha 😂. I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I got to meet David McNally who was walking down Wembley Way and thanked him for his hard if not ruthless work - I’m not really an autograph type of person but I gave him one anyway

• Haha 6

So glad we arent involved in the playoffs, can sit back and watch them without all the worry and nerves! Really hope Barnsley beat Swansea.

A bit of normality at last, sat in a pub surrounded by a good mix of Bournemouth and Brentford fans. They haven’t started killing each other yet so that’s a plus. How long that lasts will be another matter ha ha

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Barnsley-FC-1981-1998-Alternative-Logo.p

Think almost everyone is supporting them today

That almost makes me want to support Swansea. How could they get rid of such an iconic badge?

I'm hoping Bournemouth don't even get to the final.

Then I hope we prise Danjuma away from them ...good 'ol Woody will need some rebuilding funds for another slog in the Champs😉

Can't get a fag paper between them atm. I think the winner of this tie will eventually be promoted, but will be supporting Barnsley!

I want Bournemouth out because of that cheating bearded dwarf Pearson, also don't like Danjuma down to his showboating thinking they had won the league after beating us with 10 men.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I want Bournemouth to go out and we buy Danjuma and maybe Brooks.

Both quality players, but I'd take Billing over both of them.

There’s going to a red card in this game, bubbling along nicely. Hopefully it’s that little 5hit Pearson

Shame for Cook, thought he'd been the best player on the pitch.

Not a great game so far, though Bournemouth have created the better chances and look more likely to score.

Edited by Icecream Snow

If Brentford can up the quality a little bit more, the game is theirs for the taking.

Interesting to see if the crowd can influence the Ref or assist Pearson in getting a decision.

15 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

There’s going to a red card in this game, bubbling along nicely. Hopefully it’s that little 5hit Pearson

Forgot about that insignificant little shoite.

Come on Brentford.

I have never so wanted a team to lose as that cheating diving screaming bunch of scummy southern a******s.

Come on Brentford, get back into it.