Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

The Eggestein story seems likes pure speculation.

Suggests that Norwich could perhaps be interested because Norwich have a German manager. On that logic Liverpool and Chelsea would also be interested - the story also seems to suggest it could be unlikely as Norwich have already bought Rashica from Bremen. Eggestein had some promise before with a good season back in 2018 but has been a serial underachiever since then at Bremen, I hope Norwich steer well clear to be honest.

18 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don’t know about this player, but if we are interested it is probably a sign of the Brexit effect limiting our markets.Our two really new signings so far have not come from comparatively obscure leagues but the EPL and the Bundesliga.

I think it is more a reflection of wanting to get players who can make an instant impact, rather than Brexit related. While the new rules do close some avenues in markets Norwich have previously mined, the fact that Loncar who plays in the Croatian league would pass the points threshold shows there are still players outside of the most established leagues who are available. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

2 hours ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

Yep, at some point "they" (also the same "they" who decided that "revert" means reply and "starburst" means Opal Fruits) decided that defensive midfielder was "number 6"... 

I say bring back 2-3-5 (where the traditional numbering comes from).. I think number 6 would have been a "Halfback"

THIS!!! Hanging’s too good for them. Also whoever invented the word “novate”. 😡

8 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

However, I'm pretty confident he means a box-to-box midfielder

Don't claim any expertise, but I thought a 6 was defensive midfielder and an 8 was box-to-box and a double pivot was when the players alternated in the roles?

4 hours ago, Badger said:

Don't claim any expertise, but I thought a 6 was defensive midfielder and an 8 was box-to-box and a double pivot was when the players alternated in the roles?

I thought a double pivot was when the lady starts on top facing but turns round in the middle and an 8 was … hold on … wrong site, sorry. 

• Haha 2

I think it's about time we all admit that no one actually knows what numbers mean what, nor anything about football in general and we're all just making it up as we go along... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With Barden going to Livingston for the season he joins Martin and Soto as loan outs and with the 3 G's coming in and Leitner and Stiepe leaving its been a pretty busy old week. More ins and outs to come in the coming weeks no doubt but perhaps not on the scale of the last week or two.

Imagine we'll see some from the out of contract market, another loan and probably someone who we've never heard of/expected.

Numbers wise we are down on last season with what's gone out of the door either as left or loaned and we've only got 3 new in for the first the squad.

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Imagine we'll see some from the out of contract market, another loan and probably someone who we've never heard of/expected.

Numbers wise we are down on last season with what's gone out of the door either as left or loaned and we've only got 3 new in for the first the squad.

The squad was already too big last season and with 8 less league games in the Prem and the normal length season (rather than the truncated one last season) then I expect Norwich want to have less players overall. I’d expect more outgoings soon, possibly a couple more contract terminations (Klose and Trybull prime candidates). 

I’d imagine things will go a little quiet for a week/10 days as teams return to training and mangers let players know if they are needed for the next season (and players let managers know if they want to leave). 

19 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I expect Norwich want to have less players overall. I’d expect more outgoings soon, possibly a couple more contract terminations (Klose and Trybull prime candidates). 

This is now known as the Andy Hughes effect 😁

He can score free kicks in Norwich but can he do it on a cold rainy day in Stoke? 

35 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

He can score free kicks in Norwich but can he do it on a cold rainy day in Stoke? 

Probably.

Not really, O'Neil was clearly trying to get them playing some decent stuff last year. He#d be a good part of most squads in the Championship and Stoke can pay decent money.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Not really, O'Neil was clearly trying to get them playing some decent stuff last year. He#d be a good part of most squads in the Championship and Stoke can pay decent money.

Good for him getting the deal but his legs have gone completely.

Remains to be seen how many games he'll play at Stoke. Good luck to him and hope he settles well 

38 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

To be pedantic, if his legs had gone completely, he wouldn’t be walking.

• Haha 1

I’m so glad we got and saw the best of Vrancic. Class player on his day and a game changer… in the Champ. I’m sure he’ll have a few more excellent moments. Good he’s not just given up like Leitner! 

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There's a reason he only tended to come on as a sub

Of his 4 seasons here played his second highest amount of minutes last season. Whilst I haven't got the numbers to prove it I doubt his sprints/intensity had dropped much since he got here, I actually think he's more likely to put a foot in now.

He's clearly been released because he doesn't have the physical attributes that we need but saying his legs have gone is rubbish. Probably.

40 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I didn't notice any dramatic decline in his 'legs' tbh.

No, this is one of those strange things that seem to take hold regardless of the facts. Of the 19 games he started last season, he played 90 in 8 of them, averaging 80 minutes per match over the 19 games. He’s never looked the most mobile player though! 

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I would accept settling  for 'clearly going'. You could see it particularly this last season around the penalty area when he was trying to get into a shooting position and his legs just couldn't get him where he needed to be to pick the shot just as he wanted, so he ended up snatching at the ball from a not ideal position.

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Was just going to post this, Fuzzar - the Ajer rumours just won’t go away will they?!

Indeed, seems we're keen! 

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Indeed, seems we're keen! 

Does sound like it’s on, doesn’t it?! Too much smoke I think!