Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

5 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Agreed, but the plan still sounds like a CDM, CD, and a full back so no reason why we’d stop at just Cahill (for example).

Nottingham Forest fans believe Worrall is off now as they have his replacement coming in. Wonder if the reports we are interested hold any truth?

Can’t see Worrall displacing Gibson or Hanley, be a stronger backup than Zimmerman in recent form though. Imagine he’d cost a decent amount and long term is he PL player? I’m not 100% sure on that.

12 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Can’t see Worrall displacing Gibson or Hanley, be a stronger backup than Zimmerman in recent form though. Imagine he’d cost a decent amount and long term is he PL player? I’m not 100% sure on that.

Yeah, it doesn’t sound like we’re taking serious interest in that if you listen to Paddy and Connor now.

And just a moment ago, Paddy asked whoever at the club what the situation was with Gary Cahill. Non-runner apparently. Cahill is looking for a club closer to where he lives in South London. My money is now on him going to Brighton to replace White who went to Arsenal.

Seems Cahill wants to be closer to where he lives (I believe Cobham way, from when he was at Chelsea) - Saints is ideal, is around an hour away. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Seems he wants to be closer to where he lives (I believe Cobham way, from when he was at Chelsea) - Saints is ideal, around an hour away. 

Yep, it’s looking like Saints or even Brighton for Cahill, Branston - they seem the two most obvious clubs by far all things considered. At least we can draw a line under that one. Paddy I believe said he thinks we’re working abroad for a DM, and I guess the CB position too. A good chance we’ll never have heard of either of them! And straight out of the blue too!

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Yep, it’s looking like Saints or even Brighton for Cahill, Branston - they seem the two most obvious clubs by far all things considered. At least we can draw a line under that one. Paddy I believe said he thinks we’re working abroad for a DM, and I guess the CB position too. A good chance we’ll never have heard of either of them! And straight out of the blue too!

Makes sense, a CB, DM and a LB is a significant outlay for quality additions, even if one is a loan.

I’m surprised we haven’t been back to France given the very public problems and how good Lees-Melou has looked for a modest outlay. Imagine there must be some more good value their still to be had if we can find the right player.

Edited by Monty13

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

Makes sense, a CB, DM and a LB is a significant outlay for quality additions, even if one is a loan.

I’m surprised we haven’t been back to France given the very public problems and how good Lees-Melou has looked for a modest outlay. Imagine there must be some more good value their still to be had if we can find the right player.

Speaking of France, going by our current trend of signing two players from a club, Lemina from Nice has some decent stats as a DM? Flavius Daniliuc from there, Austrian CB, previously through Bayern youth system... Would be rather amusing if it was one of them!

Maybe Webber has been looking at Barcelona the are over 1 billion in debt and have a wage that's 103% of their income they need to sell, maybe they decent players we could get.

4 minutes ago, youngriles said:

Speaking of France, going by our current trend of signing two players from a club, Lemina from Nice has some decent stats as a DM? Flavius Daniliuc from there, Austrian CB, previously through Bayern youth system... Would be rather amusing if it was one of them!

Sign him up! Don't care if he's any good - it is such a great name. On a par with Leander Dendoncker...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, youngriles said:

Lemina only joined Nice at the end of July from Southampton. 

10 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Agreed, but the plan still sounds like a CDM, CD, and a full back so no reason why we’d stop at just Cahill (for example).

Nottingham Forest fans believe Worrall is off now as they have his replacement coming in. Wonder if the reports we are interested hold any truth?

Is it only me that sees a centre back referred to CD and starts to twitch oddly?

Is that what they refer to them in soccer? CB has always been shorthand in the UK so far as I am aware... like LB/RB, CM/AM/DM... Maybe I'm just getting old? 😂

1 hour ago, tricky974 said:

Maybe Webber has been looking at Barcelona the are over 1 billion in debt and have a wage that's 103% of their income they need to sell, maybe they decent players we could get.

I think the wage bit is why we are unlikely to look at options there... they'll need to offload some of their big names, hence Messi going and crying because he couldn't get even half of his £400k pw contract because they were unable to offload any other players to be able to even afford that... days later, smiley and happy at signing for PSG because they could pay him that sort of money... 

Buying their kids who are on low wages won't help them massively. 

22 hours ago, WSM said:

A Private flight to keep an eye on?39CE39F1-5E57-491C-9CA0-3C71F222D36E.thumb.png.0a5e0e4697a9008943c70458dfd4425d.png

What's the latest on this? 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Is it only me that sees a centre back referred to CD and starts to twitch oddly?

Is that what they refer to them in soccer? CB has always been shorthand in the UK so far as I am aware... like LB/RB, CM/AM/DM... Maybe I'm just getting old? 😂

Ha ha don’t think I have a preference, Chicken - either central defender or centre back will do for me! 😂

21 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

There’s a surprise.  I dare say had there been no rumour you’d have been dead keen on him…

Wait until he signs for Brighton/Southampton... it'll be "LOST OUT ON ANOTHER OF OUR PRIMARY TRANSFER TARGETS! COULDN'T EVEN SIGN A FREEBIE! WE'RE RELEGATED FOR SURE!"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha don’t think I have a preference, Chicken - either central defender or centre back will do for me! 😂

We're all unique in our own way right, right.... rIghT? 🥴😂

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

What's the latest on this? 

The wealthy young couple are enjoying day 1 of their Algarve holiday 👍

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

The wealthy young couple are enjoying day 1 of their Algarve holiday 👍

Have they left any feedback on trip advisor yet? I mean, I'm not that wealthy but you know, gotta know these things...

1 hour ago, Jpootz said:

Lemina only joined Nice at the end of July from Southampton. 

And Nice have a rather wealthy owner.

47 minutes ago, chicken said:

Buying their kids who are on low wages won't help them massively

Might help us though. 

53 minutes ago, chicken said:

Being one of those people who has p*ssed away thousands of hours of their life playing various iterations of Championship Manager, I could accept 'D C'. 'CD', however, is an abomination.

I'd like us to sign a D/DM RLC before the window closes, just to plug the gaps...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Being one of those people who has p*ssed away thousands of hours of their life playing various iterations of Championship Manager, I could accept 'D C'. 'CD', however, is an abomination.

I'd like us to sign a D/DM RLC before the window closes, just to plug the gaps...

What in the unholy blasphemy of football is that?!! RLC?

I think I need to go for a lie down... 😅

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

I think that’s a player who can play as a defender or a defensive midfielder, and can play right, left or centre. Personally I’d like to see us sign a midfielder who can play the regista, segundo volante, mezzala or carrilero role 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Now being reported that it's us and Bournemouth who have offered Cahill a contract 

By who - thought Paddy said he wanted somewhere closer than us (Bmuff isn’t great, but I suppose a bit easier)

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

By who - thought Paddy said he wanted somewhere closer than us (Bmuff isn’t great, but I suppose a bit easier)

Only a few red tops and TalkSport so obviously no truth whatsoever in it 😂. However they have been reporting it on their platforms in the past hour so classes as a latest rumour ... 😏

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Only a few red tops and TalkSport so obviously no truth whatsoever in it 😂. However they have been reporting it on their platforms in the past hour so classes as a latest rumour ... 😏

Fairynuff - if the likes of Brighton/Saints aren’t interested it could perhaps bring us into play (if we are indeed interested).  I’m sure we’ve had guys commute from London-way in the past but he’s SW/Surrey (not far from where I am!).

Surrey to East Dorset is the easier journey, but I suppose it depends if he is prepared to drop a level. In reality Bournemouth and Southampton are pretty close.

I'd be happy if it came off, as long as it was a relatively short contact. If it worked out it could really be a big signing, and if not, it's not a disaster.

I suppose Bournemouth maybe tempted to offer something longer than us though given that he will be effective in the champs for longer.

Edited by 1902

1 hour ago, chicken said:

RLC... Those are my initials. 

What's going on Wolfy?! 😂