Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

7 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Oh good! Another flight check. Let the speculation begin! 😀

CDM from Portugal?! 😉

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I have no idea whether your figures are correct or not. Assuming that they are, I think the biggest is she would be paying a 20-year old 50 grand a week. I suspect this would cause problems with other young members of the squad.

They might expect an established ex-international or somebody with significant experience of higher leagues getting that sort of money, but they  would certainly view with jealousy a fellow "youngster" getting the same amount and with surely feel they deserve the same or similar.

I've no idea what kind of wage a Chelsea youngster is on. Looks like he was only 18 when he signed a 5 year deal so who knows could be in our sort of range?

I think signing Cahill on a 1-year deal would be good business. Essentially the same as a loan deal without taking up what could be a very valuable loan spot. 

The obvious advantage it would have is filling up one of transfer spots we need (CB / DM / FB) without having to pay a transfer fee, although wages would obviously be a chunk. We need an experience head as we have Omo as a pacy, youth, back-up already. He'd also bring the physical presence we need in set-pieces and would allow us to play 3 at the back. Yes he lacks pace, but that was never really his game in the first place and he had a decent season at this level last year so he's far from finished. 

I'm less inclined to worry about age with CB's (especially one's where pace was never their particular skill set anyway) as positional sense is far more important, which is gained with experience. It's a case-by-case scenario with age in any case. You only have to look at the current holders of the Euro's to realise this. Bonucci being the youth element of the centre-pairing at 34 and Chiellini signing a new 2-year deal at the age of 37 with Juve. Thiago another example at Chelsea. 

If wages are do-able, it's a clear yes on a 1-year deal for me (with an option of another should we stay up). 

Edited by Bovril

50 minutes ago, WSM said:

A Private flight to keep an eye on?39CE39F1-5E57-491C-9CA0-3C71F222D36E.thumb.png.0a5e0e4697a9008943c70458dfd4425d.png

It’s going to Faro, probably someone going on holiday.

51 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Cahill is almost 36 - he is passed it and will be expensive. It’s a no from me 

There’s a surprise.  I dare say had there been no rumour you’d have been dead keen on him…

Edited by Branston Pickle

Where does that Turkish midfielder who was on loan at West Brom play? He’d be worth looking at I’d say. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Where does that Turkish midfielder who was on loan at West Brom play? He’d be worth looking at I’d say. 

Midfield

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Midfield

Asked for that. I meant what club is he at now! By all accounts was very good for West Brom. I hope we are looking at him regardless of the destination of the mystery flight! 

54 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Cahill is almost 36 - he is passed it and will be expensive. It’s a no from me 

He isn’t past it though.

22 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

He isn’t past it though.

No, he isn’t - Palace supporters wanted to keep him, the club offered him a contract.  Doesn’t sound past it to me. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He’s at Celta Vigo. That plane not a million miles off heading for there.

3AB9A5C8-AE0F-4395-8B9E-BA23EBB04159.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

By all accounts was very good for West Brom. 

He was just Okay....... 😏

20 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, he isn’t - Palace supporters wanted to keep him, the club offered him a contract.  Doesn’t sound past it to me. 

By rejecting a contract at Palace, Cahill must have had something in mind for his next move?....I just cant think that it would have been leaving a club who would be fairly safe in staying up, to coming into a probable relegation battle here, at his age??

21 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Exactly, Branston - with respect, it’s clear Boots is basing it on age rather than the actual evidence of how he performed only a few months ago. We all slow down at different rates and Cahill still looked sharp to me. A one year contract would be ideal I reckon. I think I’ll take the actual evidence rather than age related guesswork myself : )

Apologies if it’s already been mentioned but Fabrizio Romano has said that Spurs are after another centre back and Joe Rodon was left out of the squad today so he might be a possibility on a loan or even a permanent. Would anybody take him if he was available?

59 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

The Pinkun seems to be sitting on the fence on Cahill, citing fan interest in him, the club considering the possibility:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-transfer-rumours-ex-england-defender-considered-8238052

Question is, will this be getting the 'wide of the mark' treatment tomorrow?

I’d say it’s odds on…though it could have been given the ‘wotm’ story already if they’d wanted.

…speaking of which, Yokislu did get that treatment a few days ago. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Cahill would be a good signing I think, he is a leader has experience and is still a very good player, he makes us stronger and is proven in the league

Wouldn’t mind Cahill on a one year deal at all but must be in addition to a defensive midfielder not instead of. 

16 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Wouldn’t mind Cahill on a one year deal at all but must be in addition to a defensive midfielder not instead of. 

Agreed, but the plan still sounds like a CDM, CD, and a full back so no reason why we’d stop at just Cahill (for example).

Nottingham Forest fans believe Worrall is off now as they have his replacement coming in. Wonder if the reports we are interested hold any truth?

10 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Spoilsport - you beat me to it. 😉 

Sorry, at least someone got it though 😁

Gary Cahill being linked with Southampton now - unfortunately seems a perfect fit now they’ve just sold whatshisname to Leicester, and you would have to imagine they would offer the higher wage too.