Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

24 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

How's he looked for you so far?

Dangerous with the ball at his feet but a bit raw. To be honest you never really know with friendlies! We have played him on the wing and at wing-back so far.

Edited by Depressed Southend Fan

https://www.footballfancast.com/norwich-city-transfer-rumours/exclusive-steve-howey-advises-norwich-to-sign-free-agent-andy-carroll-e231

lazy journalism here, Steve Howey purely touting about a fellow Geordie in Andy Carroll. Having said that on a pay as you play deal and being more powerful in holding up the ball and headers in the box he would be a better option than Hugill 

Had an incredibly detailed dream last night that we signed a midfielder from CFR Cluj (a team I’m familiar with from Football Manager), and considering we have no other rumours to go on I feel this should be treated as one. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Had an incredibly detailed dream last night that we signed a midfielder from CFR Cluj (a team I’m familiar with from Football Manager), and considering we have no other rumours to go on I feel this should be treated as one. 

I'm sorry, I don't have a Cluj. 😉

3 hours ago, Tommo said:

https://www.footballfancast.com/norwich-city-transfer-rumours/exclusive-steve-howey-advises-norwich-to-sign-free-agent-andy-carroll-e231

lazy journalism here, Steve Howey purely touting about a fellow Geordie in Andy Carroll. Having said that on a pay as you play deal and being more powerful in holding up the ball and headers in the box he would be a better option than Hugill 

I'd rather have Ken Hairy than Andy Carroll.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

Good spot Badger, surely that sort of joke on the official PL website would probably cost someone their job though?

Suggests that he will play for both teams this season?

Will be interesting to see if he's in Spur's matchday squad tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Good spot Badger, surely that sort of joke on the official PL website would probably cost someone their job though?

It came from Twitter, which is why I don't want to get my hopes up too high!

But the link seems genuine, so...

17 hours ago, Depressed Southend Fan said:

Dangerous with the ball at his feet but a bit raw. To be honest you never really know with friendlies! We have played him on the wing and at wing-back so far.

Apologies if you've been asked this before, but can't remember that you have. Did you ever see Kenny Coker play or can you tell us anything about him? 

42 minutes ago, Badger said:

It came from Twitter, which is why I don't want to get my hopes up too high!

But the link seems genuine, so...

Checks out on the PL site and is still there, I guess player registration would drive the plays for list?

Can't see how someone has just made a mistake like that. Maybe just me getting my hopes up.

4 hours ago, Tommo said:

No No No No No etc etc

Does not fit in the way we play football these days, and I’m surprised that you think he would. Worse than Hugill, I can’t think of a more overrated player. 

15 minutes ago, NWC said:

No No No No No etc etc

Does not fit in the way we play football these days, and I’m surprised that you think he would. Worse than Hugill, I can’t think of a more overrated player. 

And I can't think of a less likely rumour 😁

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Checks out on the PL site and is still there, I guess player registration would drive the plays for list?

Can't see how someone has just made a mistake like that. Maybe just me getting my hopes up.

I think it's just as likely they put in the wrong date against our name and should have been last season.

Assume as he's at a PL team it would show all loans not just those at another PL team 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I think it's just as likely they put in the wrong date against our name and should have been last season.

Assume as he's at a PL team it would show all loans not just those at another PL team 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nope, it only show PL club and game history. As we were Champs it wouldn't show.

11 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Harvey Elliott's profile doesn't show his loan period at Blackburn last season. Although strangely, Ben Gibson's profile shows 3 different lines for 21/22-one for Burnley and 2 for us, one as a loan!

image.png.d7315769ff113658854788df8dff8470.png

38 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Harvey Elliott's profile doesn't show his loan period at Blackburn last season. Although strangely, Ben Gibson's profile shows 3 different lines for 21/22-one for Burnley and 2 for us, one as a loan!

image.png.d7315769ff113658854788df8dff8470.png

The fact that Gibson shows a loan to us for this season pretty much means it’s probably some kind of error.

I see Cahill is being linked - imo would be good for a relatively short-term contract, Bmuff being linked but PL football would surely be a ‘pull’.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

It makes sense, to be honest.

- The option of having a back three of Gibson, Hanley and Cahill looks solid, on paper.

- Even two of Hanley, Gibson and Cahill is good and means that we're not relying on a young AO or AN injury prone CZ if either of the main two get injured.

- The free transfer means we can use those funds to (hopefully) nail the important CDM signing. 

The Cahill one sounds a bit of a lazy 2+2 one for me, but would love it to be true however. He would be perfect. We won’t be facing Liverpool every week and that was a good workout for the lads, but knowing we had someone like Gary Cahill in the ranks would certainly breed some confidence. If himself plus Brandon Williams came in plus a CDM and maybe even another player from abroad on loan, I think that would be a squad that should finish at the very least above the relegation zone.

42 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

The free transfer means we can use those funds to (hopefully) nail the important CDM signing. 

I'm afraid that money would largely disappear on Cahill's wages. 

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I'm afraid that money would largely disappear on Cahill's wages. 

Do you know what Cahill's wages are, or what remaining budget we have?

I'm hoping for factual information here.

The rumours I've seen are of £50,000+, but I wouldn't pretend to have any authorative info on that. From the way Farke has been speaking it suggests there is money available for a couple of transfers and a loan. If Cahill comes he would certainly be considered as one of the transfers, whether that would be good or bad I have no idea (I would like to see what other options at CB we are considering to judge that).

25 minutes ago, horsefly said:

The rumours I've seen are of £50,000+, but I wouldn't pretend to have any authorative info on that. From the way Farke has been speaking it suggests there is money available for a couple of transfers and a loan. If Cahill comes he would certainly be considered as one of the transfers, whether that would be good or bad I have no idea (I would like to see what other options at CB we are considering to judge that).

It might be considered worth it though. From memory, I think we paid a 2 million pound loan fee for Farhman (spelling?) + hefty wages. Unless they have their eyes on a centre-back, we could use the signing on fee as the equivalent of a loan fee + part-subsidise the wages. I don't think he would cost any more than Farhman was reported to have done.