Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

23 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I've just noticed that my second team Lecce have announced the signing of Rob Nizet this morning, which has come out of the blue. I guess he just didn't develop as much as we had hoped.

I was about to come on here and be all 'aren't I clever and look what I found out' and I see you had already spotted it. God damn it!

11 hours ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

i have definitely heard of James Garner - i think there could be rumours about him going out on loan..

Joe Worrall is quite tall (6'4") - so he could be..

Andrei Girotto already plays CB / defensive midfield for les Canaries..

Spence and Fry both play for Middlesbrother..

Haven't heard anything about Tosin Adarabioyo... or have I?????

Garner is an interesting one.

Those dodgy rumour merchants at Football Insider are claiming he's rejected a new deal at Man U which could change his future short term- he's only got a year to run and United won't loan him out unless he signs a new deal, so if he holds firm he could be available permanently. Obviously massive pinch of salt needed though.

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

Garner is an interesting one.

Those dodgy rumour merchants at Football Insider are claiming he's rejected a new deal at Man U which could change his future short term- he's only got a year to run and United won't loan him out unless he signs a new deal, so if he holds firm he could be available permanently. Obviously massive pinch of salt needed though.

I saw that as well, while I don't know if there is truth in Garner specifically, it has been heartening to see so many young players this summer that are at 'big clubs' turn down contracts in order to go and play football (or at least get much closer to playing). Mainly at Chelsea where Guehi, Livramento, Simeu have all left to have a better shot at playing. If young players are starting to see the benefit of game time over sitting in academies, then a club like Norwich could really prosper. 

Personally, I'm not 100% convinced that Garner would be better than what Norwich have already though.

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Any other club and the scoop would've been all yours!

Did we get a fee for him?

17 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I saw that as well, while I don't know if there is truth in Garner specifically, it has been heartening to see so many young players this summer that are at 'big clubs' turn down contracts in order to go and play football (or at least get much closer to playing). Mainly at Chelsea where Guehi, Livramento, Simeu have all left to have a better shot at playing. If young players are starting to see the benefit of game time over sitting in academies, then a club like Norwich could really prosper. 

Personally, I'm not 100% convinced that Garner would be better than what Norwich have already though.

He got rave reviews at Forest and he's only 20- I think he'd be a sound investment long term in a position of need.

I know technically not a new rumour, but in Hodge's podcast episode on Tzolis (which he recorded a few days ago) he mentioned about 1/2 way through that he expected Norwich to complete the signings of Sargent, Tzolis, and Brandon Williams in the coming days.

Reckon he knows something we don't? Really don't think we should be hanging onto the 1% chance of getting Skipp back - reckon he will start at the weekend for them

2 minutes ago, WSM said:

I know technically not a new rumour, but in Hodge's podcast episode on Tzolis (which he recorded a few days ago) he mentioned about 1/2 way through that he expected Norwich to complete the signings of Sargent, Tzolis, and Brandon Williams in the coming days.

Reckon he knows something we don't? Really don't think we should be hanging onto the 1% chance of getting Skipp back - reckon he will start at the weekend for them

Well Spurs have been throwing around a lot of images of Skipp in their kit. I doubt they'd be doing that if he isn't going to be with them this season.

To be honest, we knew that anyway. There was a resounding "no" earlier in the summer, then more recently a "possible" rumour. I suspect it all hinged on whether Kane went and Spurs initiated a proper rebuilding job. Doesn't look like he is going anywhere now so it may be a case of them adding Ward-Prowse and bringing Skipp to the fore perhaps a season before they would otherwise plan to.

Brandon Williams will be to help cover now that Farke has run his rule over Nizet and clearly decided he is not at the same level as Mumba to make that step up.

If that's accurate then it means that we'll probably be moving on a DM and perhaps a CB too. If we were waiting to see in regards to the loans to see which purchase we needed to make, it could be falling into place now.

16 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Chair from QPR is one I’d love us to go for

Chair and Hamer are both attacking, creative players. I would have thought we have plenty of them already. 

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Chair and Hamer are both attacking, creative players. I would have thought we have plenty of them already. 

I’m allowed to dream aren’t I?

Reading into Farke's lines re incomings - do feel we will have another body through the door by early next week - said 'in the next days' instead of 'in the next weeks' - maybe Brandon Williams or maybe its a super-secret DM signing!

1 minute ago, WSM said:

Reading into Farke's lines re incomings - do feel we will have another body through the door by early next week - said 'in the next days' instead of 'in the next weeks' - maybe Brandon Williams or maybe its a super-secret DM signing!

Think it is just more of an expression rather than a hint. Although, I have a feeling Norwich are in a position where they can just push a button to make the Brandon Williams thing happen if they want to, but are holding back to not fill the last loan spot - whether that is Skipp related or not is debatable as there are plenty of other Premier League players who may become available on loan in the next few weeks.

6 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I've just noticed that my second team Lecce have announced the signing of Rob Nizet this morning, which has come out of the blue. I guess he just didn't develop as much as we had hoped.

On loan or permanently? Can't find any confirmation of this online, is it official?

So do we think the club are looking at only two positions now, one fullback and a defensive midfielder? I know there was talk of a centre back but that doesn't seem like its a priority now.

If that's the case then I'd say we have done ok business given how slow the market has moved.

Honestly, If you had asked me what we needed at the start of the summer then I would have said: a new striker, a replacement for Buendia, two to three new central midfielders, some cover at full back, a new centre back, plus another winger and competition for Krul.

I'd have bitten your hand off if you had said most of that wish list was fulfilled just before the first game, mainly because I couldn't see how we could afford it.

Edited by 1902
Some truly shameful grammar throughout.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

On loan or permanently? Can't find any confirmation of this online, is it official?

Definitely official on a permanent deal, initially for the reserve team. Lecce announced it this morning:

http://www.uslecce.it/news/386712112646/primavera-1-nizet-a-titolo-definitivo

One of my mates down there works as a sports journalist and covers Lecce, and he reckons it's because both of Lecce's reserve team left backs have been suffering with injuries. The two first team left backs are both younger players with little experience however, so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Nizet could threaten the first team before long.

• Thanks 1

CB may come to be more of a concern after a stuffing by Pool, hope not but a defence with the shambolic Zimm and the boy OMO, however promising fills with dread.  Tomorrow will be the proof of the pudding.  LB less of a problem,  if 3 at back if Dimi not available surely we could find a Left Wingback, Aarons to switch perhaps.  RB options Mumba and Sorensen.  PL CB loans may be difficult to find, foreign signings unless international will fail Brexit rules.  Need another CB may need to buy from Champs. 

1 hour ago, pete said:

CB may come to be more of a concern after a stuffing by Pool, hope not but a defence with the shambolic Zimm and the boy OMO, however promising fills with dread.  Tomorrow will be the proof of the pudding.  LB less of a problem,  if 3 at back if Dimi not available surely we could find a Left Wingback, Aarons to switch perhaps.  RB options Mumba and Sorensen.  PL CB loans may be difficult to find, foreign signings unless international will fail Brexit rules.  Need another CB may need to buy from Champs. 

Don’t need to be international players, just play in the right league or in European competition. PLM isn’t an international and got in off the back of his league appearances, Tzolis got more points for his Europa/Champions League appearances than his Greek caps. 

Plenty of options out there for centrebacks, the key is finding one that is an improvement on what is already at the club. That is much trickier. 

1 hour ago, pete said:

pretty sure our defence tomorrow will be Gibson and Hanley, but OK

6 hours ago, g00se said:

James Garner - for those that remember....

Untitled.png

I can’t remember which thread we got onto TV themes, but that was a classic!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pete said:

Zimmerman seems to be suffering with reverse Becchio syndrome, the longer he doesn’t play for us, the worse people think he is. He was a warrior at times and will play his heart out for us, he just needs some game time to get to his best, like for one example, Hanley. Probably 3rd/4th in the pecking order now, but shambolic? Never.

10 minutes ago, Depressed Southend Fan said:

Nearly a month later he has finally signed for us on loan.

How's he looked for you so far?