Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Borrowing which costs money in interest. Companies don't lend money for free. By demanding more up front the selling club saves money against a scheme like this.

You don't understand TY - there are loads of billionaires that are desperate to just give us money for nothing and to write it all off if it goes belly up!

Do keep up with the trends in modern football! 😃

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I agree, but working on that principal no-one would ever bother with Bill on anything.

Then we shouldn't bother. It's not our job to educate.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

no idea about the former, and the latter is not evidence to back your claim

We are in the UK and in the market to buy a Greek player. The Greek economy is not driving the demand or price of the player, the interested club/s is/are.

Without going into the global economy at length, assuming budgets are reduced by most clubs who are not funded by wealthy owners (and even those with wealthy owners) then the asking price will be driven by demand and the value attributed by the buying club. They can ask 20m, but without a sale, the player's value is only what a buyer is willing to offer.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I agree, but working on that principal no-one would ever bother with Bill on anything.

Smashed it Hoggy. 

Just now, Badger said:

You don't understand TY - there are loads of billionaires that are desperate to just give us money for nothing and to write it all off if it goes belly up!

Do keep up with the trends in modern football! 😃

Apologies, not being a billionaire myself I obviously miss their philanthropic tendancies and times they just give away money hand over fist to anyone asking.

Thanks for pointing out my obvious failings 😉

except you and the ragbag of similar trolls 😊

discussion is based on factual evidence - not stamping little feet claiming

you don't understand

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Apologies, not being a billionaire myself I obviously miss their philanthropic tendancies and times they just give away money hand over fist to anyone asking.

Thanks for pointing out my obvious failings 😉

that being the inability to address the comment made - but making up stuff instead

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Smashed it Hoggy. 

blimey, Shorty has turned up as well

"booo booo....................naughty Bill...........booo booo" 😢

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

except you and the ragbag of similar trolls 😊

discussion is based on factual evidence - not stamping little feet claiming

you don't understand

I just think you'd get on so much better here if, when spouting obvious drivel and nonsense (like we all do) you weren't so rude and arrogant when portraying it as fact.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

We are in the UK and in the market to buy a Greek player. The Greek economy is not driving the demand or price of the player, the interested club/s is/are.

Without going into the global economy at length, assuming budgets are reduced by most clubs who are not funded by wealthy owners (and even those with wealthy owners) then the asking price will be driven by demand and the value attributed by the buying club. They can ask 20m, but without a sale, the player's value is only what a buyer is willing to offer.

the revelations never cease 😋😋

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

that being the inability to address the comment made - but making up stuff instead

I addressed your comment about borrowing on transfer instalments by saying that demanding more upfront stops club's paying interest or loan fees. That's pretty incontrovertible. 

You keep on living in that old little Bill world, Bill, while the rest of us remain in reality. 

I just think you'd get on so much better here if, when spouting obvious drivel and nonsense (like we all do) you weren't so rude and arrogant when portraying it as fact.

But that would be so much less egotistical. 

maybe I am not the best person to read

and if you must then it might be better to try to refute what I have posted rather than post attacks on me, who you have not the slightest idea of who I am

or is the latter a tacit admittance of an inability to address the former ?

I would like to make an advance post. Is that allowed? 

June 2023

The circle of life 

I'm disappointed that Norwich City have done it YET AGAIN and sold our best player to Manchester United for a paltry £60m. Tzolis was our best player ever and was worth far more than that. We may as well have not bothered to sign him in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

blimey, Shorty has turned up as well

"booo booo....................naughty Bill...........booo booo" 😢

Whilst we are talking about people not answering the question - This again seems timely. 

Now where is that Ifollow logo Bill?! 

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

gosh, you earn something everyday 😜

no club pays up front, the money is paid out in stages as transfer money owed in is paid, and TV money is paid in stages

Please read people's posts properly. It's half the reason why you end up with everyone disagreeing with you.

TY understands that fees and TV money is paid in installments. He is saying that clubs will borrow the full amount of the transfer fee, of which they will have to pay interest.

36 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Think you're over-doing that criticism somewhat Bill. His goals per minute for last season is actually very good, and he also scored goals that won us particular games. Neither should the role he played defensively be underestimated, he was often brought on in the final minutes to provide an important aerial presence. If my memory serves me correctly, one of those defensive headed clearances led to a brilliant counter attack against Birmingham leading to Skipp's only goal. Whilst I agree he is not a starter at PL level it is surely a calumny to describe his performances last season as a "liability"

The truth  is not something that is  relevant  to Bilious once he's  decided something.  You'd  be better off trying to turn your dog if you have one, into a cat. The true result of alchemy  will appear  before he listens to reason, or facts.

As for formations... who needs em, so long as everyone runs around a bit, defenders  defenders and scorers score, and no-one passes to Hugill ,Bill's happy, well, less stroppy anyway. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

2 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Please read people's posts properly. It's half the reason why you end up with everyone disagreeing with you.

TY understands that fees and TV money is paid in installments. He is saying that clubs will borrow the full amount of the transfer fee, of which they will have to pay interest.

I disagree with him because he is wrong and a 🛎 🔚

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I addressed your comment about borrowing on transfer instalments by saying that demanding more upfront stops club's paying interest or loan fees. That's pretty incontrovertible. 

You keep on living in that old little Bill world, Bill, while the rest of us remain in reality. 

and so it continues

out of the dozens and dozens who post on this forum, it always comes down to the same handful of trolls who turn so many threads into personal attacks

never any attempt at addressing the points, rather some sad need to vent their spleen

whether it is sexual frustration, feelings of inadequacy about their height, or just a feeling of social failing that causes them to haunt this forum, turning up at the same time every morning it's hard to say

water off a ducks back for me, rather like visiting 'Jurassic Park' in Father Ted - and knowing that as youn step back into the sunshine the senile misfits will still be there ranting

so toodle pip 🥰

Just now, Bill said:

and so it continues

out of the dozens and dozens who post on this forum, it always comes down to the same handful of trolls who turn so many threads into personal attacks

never any attempt at addressing the points, rather some sad need to vent their spleen

whether it is sexual frustration, feelings of inadequacy about their height, or just a feeling of social failing that causes them to haunt this forum, turning up at the same time every morning it's hard to say

water off a ducks back for me, rather like visiting 'Jurassic Park' in Father Ted - and knowing that as youn step back into the sunshine the senile misfits will still be there ranting

so toodle pip 🥰

So yet again you avoid the IFollow question, and flounce off. 

That's at least 4 times! 

I was having a bad day, this thread is making me chuckle 🤣

Same old same old from our resident know it all, sorry I meant doesn't know a thing.....

What I love the most is that the only posters that regularly agree with him are the same ones every time, which is slightly suspicious 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

and so it continues

so toodle pip 🥰

What it comes down to old boy is that you won't ever admit to being wrong and when people disagree with you you turn in to this condescending poster who tries to claim expert knowledge and how everyone else is wrong.

Maybe, just maybe if you held your hand up and admitted to a mistake every now and then there wouldn't be so many people on here ready to ridicule you.

I have generally stopped reacting to your posts (apart from my post earlier) because there is little point trying to have a debate with someone who is never wrong, because that's not a debate 👍

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

and so it continues

so toodle pip 🥰

Oh Bill. You can't complain about personal attacks and then suggest I have sexual inadequacies, issues surrounding my height and social failings before calling me senile 😂

You are one of the posters on this forum who are so billigerant in their views that nothing seems to change your mind. You absolutely live in your own little world. I mean you disagreed with my post which was entirely factual. The entire forum sees it. The funny thing is - that's entirely your choice. If you want to believe your own views over proven facts. that's your choice.

Just don't get your knickers in a twist and start dishing out far greater personal insults on the basis you've been personally attacked for telling you what happens in reality. 

Ta ta, love. Make sure you're back home for tea in Bill world.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

3 minutes ago, WSM said:

Could this plane be heading to..... GREECE???!

image0 (1).png

Thank you for bringing this back on topic, WSM 👍

Starting to feel slightly more confident about the Greek lad I cannot pronounce yet, though that said, I have no idea if any of these reports are credible or not, or just rehashing the same story. I do find it hard to believe we could get such a talent for relatively so little money though!

The plane is landing/has landed in Sardinia - any Cagliari players that are of interest?!

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Thank you for bringing this back on topic, WSM 👍

Starting to feel slightly more confident about the Greek lad I cannot pronounce yet, though that said, I have no idea if any of these reports are credible or not, or just rehashing the same story. I do find it hard to believe we could get such a talent for relatively so little money though!

Pronounced "Zolis".

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WSM said:

The plane is landing/has landed in Sardinia - any Cagliari players that are of interest?!

simone?