Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

Isak Thorvaldsson is he still out on loanĀ  in Iceland? Makes sense since their season is still going on, but I can't find confirmation.

1 hour ago, WSM said:

People increasingly confident this will be done... do agree with PurpleCanary above that the club are trying to minimise the noise around the transfer hence the relative lack of noise from the Archant end

By that token, our bids for Harry Kane and Ronaldo are bound to happen. Weā€™ve heard absolutely nothing about them.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

PL quality scouting systems are the same ones who signed Drmic, Heisse, Srbenny, Husband, Duda, Roberts, Sitti

And how much did they cost?Ā 

We've barely had any money to spend since Webber came in so many of their weaker signings were intended to be backups.

Hugill is an example of that - he was brought in to be a backup to Pukki and give us a different option (physicality). He did a decent job on the pitch and proved invaluable off it too. Agree that an upgrade is needed though.

Re: formations, yes they are more fluid than back in the 4-4-2 days but they still have a certain degree of structure.

Ā 

TransfermarktĀ is now showing a 90% chance of us signing Tzolis. They value him at Ā£10.8m, so evenĀ Ā£10m would look to be a very good dealĀ for such a young, promising player.

• Like 1

From a quick Google it seems Man Utd and Dortmund amongst others were heavily linked with him as recently as June. Could be a big coup if this happens?Ā 

I haven't seen him play but seems to be rated as a bit of a 'wonderkid'

Edited by markdmhoward

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Really want this one to happen. Get it done Norwich before we get gazumped.

It would seem to fit the model of if he fulfills his potential and plays well, his value should shoot up over the next few seasons etc. Anyone here have any knowledge about him?

According to the Greek reporter that broke the Giannoulis to Norwich story there is a ā‚¬9m offer on the table. PAOK rejected a bigger offer back in January from Club Brugge, so will be interesting to see how this goes for Norwich.Ā Ā 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

And how much did they cost?Ā 

We've barely had any money to spend since Webber came in so many of their weaker signings were intended to be backups.

Hugill is an example of that - he was brought in to be a backup to Pukki and give us a different option (physicality). He did a decent job on the pitch and proved invaluable off it too. Agree that an upgrade is needed though.

Re: formations, yes they are more fluid than back in the 4-4-2 days but they still have a certain degree of structure.

It is not the cost, it was merely pointing out how he club is not infallible in regard to signing players, as with Hugill who was a 'fish out of water' last season, and he was not invaluable, he was a liability

the 'certain degree of structure' isĀ  given, being a tendency for each player to relate to a certain area of the pitch ie Hanley will tend to be nearer to our goal and Pukki will tend to be nearer to the opposition goal - that is about it (see equaliser v binners)

the numbers bollox is just that, bollox

17 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

According to the Greek reporter that broke the Giannoulis to Norwich story there is a ā‚¬9m offer on the table. PAOK rejected a bigger offer back in January from Club Brugge, so will be interesting to see how this goes for Norwich.Ā Ā 

I would suggest that any deal would be heavily weighted towards add ons, thus ensuring PAOK get the money should his promise be fulfilled, and City don't pay over the odds if it isn't

whereas Giannoulis was proven, so the fee was based on 'sold as seen'

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Let's hope the depressed market works in our favour on this one..

evidence of Greek footballs depressed state would be welcome

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

I would suggest that any deal would be heavily weighted towards add ons, thus ensuring PAOK get the money should his promise be fulfilled, and City don't pay over the odds if it isn't

whereas Giannoulis was proven, so the fee was based on 'sold as seen'

This^

2 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

Err no. Although they have their own set of problems

Come on, everyone knows Covid was only a problem in France šŸ˜‰

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

as with Hugill who was a 'fish out of water' last season, and he was not invaluable, he was a liability

Think you're over-doing that criticism somewhat Bill. His goals per minute for last season is actually very good, and he also scored goals that won us particular games. Neither should the role he played defensively be underestimated, he was often brought on in the final minutes to provide an important aerial presence. If my memory serves me correctly, one of those defensive headed clearances led to a brilliant counter attack against Birmingham leading to Skipp's only goal. Whilst I agree he is not a starter at PL level it is surely a calumny to describe his performances last season as a "liability"

3 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

Err no. Although they have their own set of problems

Varane going for apparently roughly what we got for Buendia suggests it isn't just France.

8 minutes ago, kirku said:

Let's hope the depressed market works in our favour on this one..

Is it more or less depressed than 6 months ago though? Apparently Brugge offered ā‚¬10m and a player - could be PAOK didn't want to sell mid-seaon though.

Expect Norwich will need to up the bid a bit before PAOK go for it, or front load it to help them cover the losses from fans not being in the stadium.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

evidence of Greek footballs depressed state would be welcome

Yes, because they can only sell to a Greek club and 2020 was a totally normal economic year globally.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

Yes, because they can only sell to a Greek club and 2020 was a totally normal economic year globally.Ā 

no idea about the former, and the latter is not evidence to back your claim

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

It is not the cost, it was merely pointing out how he club is not infallible in regard to signing players, as with Hugill who was a 'fish out of water' last season, and he was not invaluable, he was a liability

You seem to have misread. I said he was invaluable off the pitch.Ā Farke named him as the unsung hero of the group last season.

'Liability' would be a word thatĀ I would use to describe someone whose mistakes cost us on a consistent basis. I don't think he cost us a game at all.

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

the 'certain degree of structure' isĀ  given, being a tendency for each player to relate to a certain area of the pitch ie Hanley will tend to be nearer to our goal and Pukki will tend to be nearer to the opposition goal - that is about it (see equaliser v binners)

You clearly don't understand so I'm not going to bother.

Ā 

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

Every club has suffered due to covid. As an example, we have lost 35 million.Ā 

There's an article on the Athletic about the impacts thatĀ  covid is having on the transfer market.

Please subscribe. You might learn something.

7 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Is it more or less depressed than 6 months ago though? Apparently Brugge offered ā‚¬10m and a player - could be PAOK didn't want to sell mid-seaon though.

Expect Norwich will need to up the bid a bit before PAOK go for it, or front load it to help them cover the losses from fans not being in the stadium.Ā 

not necessary as clubs borrow against staged transfer payments

1 minute ago, Bill said:

not necessary as clubs borrow against staged transfer payments

Borrowing which costs money in interest. Companies don't lend money for free. By demanding more up front the selling club saves money against a scheme like this.Ā 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

You're a liar.

1 minute ago, Yellow and Green said:

You seem to have misread. I said he was invaluable off the pitch.Ā Farke named him as the unsung hero of the group last season.

'Liability' would be a word thatĀ I would use to describe someone whose mistakes cost us on a consistent basis. I don't think he cost us a game at all.

Ā 

There's an article on the Athletic about the impacts thatĀ  covid is having on the transfer market.

from someone who does not know the meaning of the word liability

as to the formation nonsense, watch a game from say 10 mins in and tell me the 'magic numbers'

we have not lost Ā£35m, the club did not earn that expected amount

next time try posting a reply on what is fact

6 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Ā 

Ā 

I agree, but working on that principal no-one would ever bother with Bill on anything.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Ā 

Didnā€™t the club get decent funds back from IFollow as everyone refused to watch illegal streams?Ā 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

from someone who does not know the meaning of the word liability

as to the formation nonsense, watch a game from say 10 mins in and tell me the 'magic numbers'

we have not lost Ā£35m, the club did not earn that expected amount

next time try posting a reply on what is fact

Again, from an accounting and forecasting point of view, we have lost Ā£35m. It was an expected income which was due to be accounted for and taken into consideration.

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Borrowing which costs money in interest. Companies don't lend money for free. By demanding more up front the selling club saves money against a scheme like this.Ā 

Ā 

gosh, you earn something everyday šŸ˜œ

no club pays up front, the money is paid out in stages as transfer money owed in is paid, and TV money is paid in stages

Ā