Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich tried to sign Botman a couple of seasons back I think - guess this is where the link comes from.

Oh that's right. When he was at Ajax? 

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich completed the signings of Rashica and PLM without them leaving their respective countries - medicals and paperwork were completed in Germany/France - players only travel over once the deal is done. 

Maybe the deal is done

😊😉

6 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Maybe the deal is done

😊😉

Or maybe as Beth said, it is possible that this young lad was one of the players City could have been interested in a couple of months back at same time as Rashica...interestingly to, Beth mentions and i was thinking the same thing after watching the youtube vid Bill linked, how similar this Greek lad looks to Rashica in style of play..City likely had a few targets of the same type and would they want two similar types in the squad?..maybe we have moved on from this lad as we have signed Milot..who knows..we wait and see.

Just now, Essjayess said:

Or maybe as Beth said, it is possible that this young lad was one of the players City could have been interested in a couple of months back at same time as Rashica...interestingly to, Beth mentions and i was thinking the same thing after watching the youtube vid Bill linked, how similar this Greek lad looks to Rashica in style of play..City likely had a few targets of the same type and would they want two similar types in the squad?..maybe we have moved on from this lad as we have signed Milot..who knows..we wait and see.

Yeah. Was kinda joking. 😂

Totally don't trust the source it came from. But hey, you never know. Would be great if true. But sadly, the scenario above is probably more likely 😭😂

59 minutes ago, hogesar said:

All this Hugill abuse from Bill, I can see Jordan taking it as a compliment.

Bill is, after all, possibly the least knowledgeable person on anything football whatsoever, believing that formations aren't a thing being at the top of that list.

Hugill is a good player. Four goals in Seven starts for us, on the back of 13 goals in 30 starts for QPR the season before. Equally, struggled at West Ham but they bought him in the first place, just as we did. Again, I reckon the Premier League quality scouting teams know a little more than "4-2-3-1 Doesn't exist" Bill from Norwich (who doesn't attend matches and watches illegal streams which cut out every 2 minutes, which might go someway to explaining his views on football).

Oh Hoggy now you've gone and done it 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

If we’ve offered 9 million euros and they want 10 million as has been suggested then I think it would be stupid to miss out over that sort of difference. 

I would be hugely surprised if the deal wasn’t met when you’re talking the difference of 1mil€.

Far more likely is that the selling club want more then 10mil€ *rumoured* given the clubs linked.

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Things will become clear over the next 24/48 hours I expect. If the report that Norwich have bid €9m but it has been rejected is true, then I'm not sure we will see Norwich go back with another offer. It could be a bit like the Ajer story, Norwich bid a while ago and then moved on and now the player (or POAK) are using that bid to try and drum up other interest. 

It could be this is one of the transfers he referenced last week, where the selling club is worried about selling too cheaply in the market. If Norwich are still interested then the news leaking may force their hand to move quickly.

Cheers Jon 👍

9 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

I hope Rashica was on our 'A' list and Tzolis was below him.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If we do bring in a new winger I can't wait for the usual suspects to pop up and rather than being pleased be all

'This confirms Cantwell is off, zero ambition to keep our players and replacing them with unproven nobodies and we are spending money on wingers when we need centrebacks! Delia out stonking foreign rich owners in!'

You just know it's gonna happen

Can see Cantwell in the 10 position.

This may be the club giving up on Billing.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Bill is, after all, possibly the least knowledgeable person on anything football whatsoever, believing that formations aren't a thing being at the top of that list.

Hugill is a good player. Four goals in Seven starts for us, on the back of 13 goals in 30 starts for QPR the season before. Equally, struggled at West Ham but they bought him in the first place, just as we did. Again, I reckon the Premier League quality scouting teams know a little more than "4-2-3-1 Doesn't exist" Bill from Norwich (who doesn't attend matches and watches illegal streams which cut out every 2 minutes, which might go someway to explaining his views on football).

yes that is the one striking thing about football, the way players all stick to these 'formations' - as at any given moment in a game you can freeze the action and all the players will be in their 'formations', just as they are in their 'formations' at kick off

PL quality scouting systems are the same ones who signed Drmic, Heisse, Srbenny, Husband, Duda, Roberts, Sitti

Clubs do buy duds as WHU found out

I am not from Norwich

Hugill made 24 sub appearances as well - with one goal a pen, and another bouncing off his chest

Streams do not cut out

And I attend home games

A far few lies crammed into one post pigsear (or whoever you are) - but nothing about the subject matter, so at least consistency, if not accuracy

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Getting a bit of a worry this Hoggy - but I totally agree with you again! Although tbf its fairly safe ground pointing out inconsistencies in anything and everything Bill posts  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

Streams do not cut out

Found that IFollow one yet ? 

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

yes that is the one striking thing about football, the way players all stick to these 'formations' - as at any given moment in a game you can freeze the action and all the players will be in their 'formations', just as they are in their 'formations' at kick off

PL quality scouting systems are the same ones who signed Drmic, Heisse, Srbenny, Husband, Duda, Roberts, Sitti

Clubs do buy duds as WHU found out

I am not from Norwich

Hugill made 24 sub appearances as well - with one goal a pen, and another bouncing off his chest

Streams do not cut out

And I attend home games

A far few lies crammed into one post pigsear (or whoever you are) - but nothing about the subject matter, so at least consistency, if not accuracy

To be fair you didn't need to rename me pigesar when I was already hogesar.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Essjayess said:

Seems a bit strange though that Rob Butler would tweet that the club has an interest in this guy today if it was something from a couple of months ago 

5 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Seems a bit strange though that Rob Butler would tweet that the club has an interest in this guy today if it was something from a couple of months ago 

Well, everyone was reporting that Norwich had an interest in Ajer until he went to Brentford after the club made one bid for him in May and then never went back to Celtic with another. Norwich may have an 'interest' in Tzoli, but that doesn't mean it is an active interest, or one they are going to follow up on with a bid.

Interesting...

Hellas Verona are interested in signing Zirkzee on loan (according to Fabrizio Romano: but he has offers from abroad (rumoured to be in the Prem) - maybe we are after him as a loan

- 

1 minute ago, WSM said:

Interesting...

Hellas Verona are interested in signing Zirkzee on loan (according to Fabrizio Romano: but he has offers from abroad (rumoured to be in the Prem) - maybe we are after him as a loan

- 

Didn't some kid just make up that Zirkzee rumour? Feyenoord were close to getting him on loan recently.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Didn't some kid just make up that Zirkzee rumour? Feyenoord were close to getting him on loan recently.

Ahh maybe - don't know the origin of it

44 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Well, everyone was reporting that Norwich had an interest in Ajer until he went to Brentford after the club made one bid for him in May and then never went back to Celtic with another. Norwich may have an 'interest' in Tzoli, but that doesn't mean it is an active interest, or one they are going to follow up on with a bid.

But our interest in Ajer was well known. I just think that if we were interested in Tzoli a couple of months ago and that we have moved on since, it seems strange to me that Rob Butler would still be tweeting what he did. So, the suggestion to me is that it is an active interest..........whether it comes to anything, who knows  

9 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

But our interest in Ajer was well known. I just think that if we were interested in Tzoli a couple of months ago and that we have moved on since, it seems strange to me that Rob Butler would still be tweeting what he did. So, the suggestion to me is that it is an active interest..........whether it comes to anything, who knows  

Yeah - like when the Steven Berghuis rumour came out - Connor tweeted we had been interested but moved on etc - he hasn't this time so inclined to agree with you

57 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Either we need to change the school holidays or the transfer window so that the two don't coincide 🤣

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Mark .Y. said:

The Archant journalists have been getting steers on supposed targets, and especially if the reports are wrong, or outdated. This story has just been updated, although not significantly, but it doesn't have that kind of negative steer, or indeed any kind of steer. Which might suggest we are genuinely interested and just don't want to talk about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The Archant journalists have been getting steers on supposed targets, and especially if the reports are wrong, or outdated. This story has just been updated, although not significantly, but it doesn't have that kind of negative steer, or indeed any kind of steer. Which might suggest we are genuinely interested and just don't want to talk about it.

I tend to agree

I think that if we're  interested  in a player and talks are active, the biggest reaction you'd  get from SW if you asked him, would be a non committal shrug and a mumble about "one of many good players out there".

He has a great deadpan poker face.

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I hadn't seen this when I posted that, but Southwell has plainly already had a negative steer on a Cameroon international defender we have just been linked with.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Badger said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-jean-charles-castelletto-link-8192728

I don't know where that leaves the other rumours, if they are not denied?

Very good point, Badger. Really hoping we get that Greek lad, you can see his quality for sure, I’m also sure the more quality signings we can make, will then only help us to sign targets that might otherwise not fancy taking a punt on us as things stood. Hopefully we’ve done enough of that thus far to encourage this particular kiddy, and so forth.

• Like 1

People increasingly confident this will be done... do agree with PurpleCanary above that the club are trying to minimise the noise around the transfer hence the relative lack of noise from the Archant end