Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

It’s number of posts per page rather than length of post surely?

Edit: there we go

Edited by WD40
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

'Hate to state...' or 'It pains me to say this...' are on a par with 'With respect...' in meaning the opposite of the words taken literally...😍

About the same as "The Right Honourable Gentleman...". 😉

It really boils my p1ss when people say 'hope they prove me wrong but here is some negative shoite about player x or director y'

Support your club.

Binners.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

It really boils my p1ss when people say 'hope they prove me wrong but here is some negative shoite about player x or director y'

Support your club.

Binners.

It boils my **** that people seem to think you have to have universally positive opinions on an internet forum, otherwise you aren't 'supporting your club.'

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

It boils my **** that people seem to think you have to have universally positive opinions on an internet forum, otherwise you aren't 'supporting your club.'

I didn't say that, but well done for making up what I think to excuse your negativity. You only ever see the statement 'I hope i am wrong but' from people who are more interested in convincing everyone everything is terrible over some pathetic need for validation than they are seeing Norwich City find success.

Sad, sad people with sad little lives....Jane

On 02/09/2021 at 10:35, king canary said:

I never expected anyone to actually take that thread seriously...

We all miss the raging perverts thread, well most of us 🙄

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

I get annoyed when people just spout negative rubbish after seeing one or two games and suddenly become an expert. And more so when others express counter views backed up with more evidence that those others then paint themselves as victims of some sort of targeted hatred.

Then there is hunting around for the only source, which is unofficial, to provide a single stat that backs up your argument despite half a dozen others of which several are more official, and indeed, official. Then when that is shared you slink off out of the discussion altogether...

I think people confuse having an opinion with just saying anything you like that pops into your head. As in, an opinion isn't just a statement.

"Drmic is crap" for example, isn't an opinion, it's a statement. If you want it to be an opinion, there needs to be a bit more substance. It can be observations from games, stats, both. Whatever - but at least try to find a little something that actually helps others to understand what forms your opinion. Nothing forms statements other than a fleeting fart of a thought.

1 hour ago, FatCanary said:

I didn't say that, but well done for making up what I think to excuse your negativity. You only ever see the statement 'I hope i am wrong but' from people who are more interested in convincing everyone everything is terrible over some pathetic need for validation than they are seeing Norwich City find success.

Sad, sad people with sad little lives....Jane

Personally I feel thats a pretty uncharitable reading of the phrase. Personally I hope I'm wrong in my early assessment of Billy Gilmour. If he proves me right I won't be happy about it nor will I feel the need to seek validation.

I also don't really understand what the trie soundbite of 'support your club' is supposed to mean in this context apart from 'if you've got a negative opinion you hope you're wrong about you aren't supporting your club.'

On 19/08/2021 at 19:54, If wed kept Howie.. said:

now that is interesting.. certainly no reason he couldn't succeed as a central midfielder

Phil Neville did something similar and played both fullback positions and of course central midfield..

I do remember Bowen playing as a makeshift central midfielder alongside Neil Adams! i think was only one game during a midfield crisis in about 1996?

bump

Following on from this

Dean Smith tipped for reunion with Aston Villa striker Keinan Davis following Norwich revelation (teamtalk.com)

he (Davis) is playing for Forest tonight, and doing very well and is the proverbial handful.

A different type of CF to Teemu, as he is a bit of a unit, so may be more effective if he were to lose a bit of timber (he ain't fat, obviously)