Hernandez (loan) 

Steipermann 

Tettey (end of contract) 

Vrancic (end of contract) 

Heisse

Trybull

Drmic (loan) 

Sinani (loan) 

Looks like a banging window to me, I've not included youngsters in either. Plenty of players that needed to be moved on moved on. Maybe 1 or 2 more outs, Klose? Placheta? Rupp 😂, to complete the window. 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

At this rate half our teams gonna be made of loanees who will vanish if we don't get out the bottom half

I know what you mean, but these deals are definitely exciting.  I just hope it is enough to make us more solid at the back. They also have their reputations on the line, Kabak did not make the grade at Liverpool, he should be hungry to prove everyone wrong.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

At this rate half our teams gonna be made of loanees who will vanish if we don't get out the bottom half

What nonsense we have to deal this way due to our finances.   We have brought in some very interesting players and will buy them at the end of their loan like Gibson and Giannoulis.

17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Ins. 

Kabak (loan) - subject to finalisation 

Normann (loan) 

Gilmour (loan) 

Williams (loan) 

Tzolis 

Rasicha

Lees-Melou

Gunn

Sargent 

Giannoulis (loan made permanent) 

Gibson (loan made permanent) 

Outs

Buendia

Skipp (end of loan contract) 

Hernandez (loan) 

Steipermann 

Tettey (end of contract) 

Vrancic (end of contract) 

Heisse

Trybull

Drmic (loan) 

Sinani (loan) 

Looks like a banging window to me, I've not included youngsters in either. Plenty of players that needed to be moved on moved on. Maybe 1 or 2 more outs, Klose? Placheta? Rupp 😂, to complete the window. 

i was going to post this list, but to illustrate just how many deals - in and out - we have completed. If the Kabak transfer goes through then I make it 26 in total. Some posters complain that deals are not done early enough, but they can take time, including those that see players leaving, and doing 26 certainly takes time.

With Kabak, assuming, there are 11 in (Gibson and Giannoulis had to be formalised) and 15 out, who are:

Buendia, Tettey, Vrancic, Stiepermann, Trybull, Leitner, Thompson, Hernandez, Hugill, Drmic, Martin, Barden, Nyland, Heise, Sinani.

Even cancelling a player's contract involves bureaucracy. Those in red are first-team squaders, as a guide to those big-wage players we have got off the wage bill, to free up money for the nine new incomers.

• Like 1

Just a thought... Fulham confident of signing Matt Grimes from Swansea for £3m. Couldn't we have a word with Russell Martin and see if he'd be interested in joining us? That'd give us central midfield options of Gilmour, PLM, Normann, Kenny, Rupp, Lungi and Grimes. Or would that be overkill?

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Just a thought... Fulham confident of signing Matt Grimes from Swansea for £3m. Couldn't we have a word with Russell Martin and see if he'd be interested in joining us? That'd give us central midfield options of Gilmour, PLM, Normann, Kenny, Rupp, Lungi and Grimes. Or would that be overkill?

You've got no time to be posting on this thread Wolfie - you've got too much updating to do on the Contract Conundrums - now get back to work! 😉 

• Haha 1

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

You've got no time to be posting on this thread Wolfie - you've got too much updating to do on the Contract Conundrums - now get back to work! 😉 

Yeah, hurry up Wolfie. PurpleCanary is on this like a tramp on chips. 

It's up to date as far as I'm aware, pal... unless you've got a transfer scoop or have found out what happened to Aidan Fitzpatrick? 🙂

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's up to date as far as I'm aware, pal... unless you've got a transfer scoop or have found out what happened to Aidan Fitzpatrick? 🙂

If it's fully up to date as we speak Wolfie then I raise my hat to you in even more admiration than before.

Aidan Fitzpatrick has been abducted by aliens. 

It’s had the Here we go treatment.

Frankly, if your not happy with this window you never will, or should go support a big 6 team, as for a club of our size the logic and ambition in our transfers are there to see. 

It doesn’t mean it will come off, but my word we can’t say we haven’t tried.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Have to say Webber has really gone for it. We have bought virtually a new team and tried to strengthen every position.

Last time we bought hardly anyone, this time is the polar opposite.

This. Don't let ANYONE bullsh!t you into saying Webber's not done what he promised. The real acid test is how well they do, but Farke's got what he needs in theory now - and we also look like we've got a few different options up our sleeves.

Ambition married with prudence whilst still focusing on developing promising talent. All in there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Overkill!

Just now, birchfest said:

It’s had the Here we go treatment.

Frankly, if your not happy with this window you never will, or should go support a big 6 team, as for a club of our size the logic and ambition in our transfers are there to see. 

It doesn’t mean it will come off, but my word we can’t say we haven’t tried.

End of the day Norwich is where I was born I hope one day I can return. Sadly work took me just outside the city but.. I will be back

Anyways, my parents were Norwich fans as were my grandparents and probably further down the line too. Norwich is my club. Regardless of what happens with us this is the only club I will love and the only one I will ever support. 

Everyone who claims they are a Norwich fan should be saying something very similar or quite frankly I don't understand why they would claim to be supporters

If it's fully up to date as we speak Wolfie then I raise my hat to you in even more admiration than before.

Aidan Fitzpatrick has been abducted by aliens. 

Seriously, though, it's bugging me. Two weeks ago he'd been released according to Scottish media, but still nothing from the club?

Would also expect to see one or two of our goalies going out on loan (Mair, Oxborough, McCracken, Rose). Does the loan window reopen for EFL clubs after the transfer window has closed? I think it usually does, doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

End of the day Norwich is where I was born I hope one day I can return. Sadly work took me just outside the city but.. I will be back

Anyways, my parents were Norwich fans as were my grandparents and probably further down the line too. Norwich is my club. Regardless of what happens with us this is the only club I will love and the only one I will ever support. 

Everyone who claims they are a Norwich fan should be saying something very similar or quite frankly I don't understand why they would claim to be supporters

Hit a nerve it appears. Cheer up, we  are signing a fantastic player that is probably a tier above what we could normally shop in. 

Just seen that Spurs are closing in on Barcelona right-back Emerson Royal, which pretty much rules out any chance of a last-minute raid for Max. 

Other 'interesting' possible moves (only because we have discussed them on here) are Conor Hourihane going to Sheff Utd on a season long loan and Swansea have Fulham sniffing around Matt Grimes and Conor Roberts going to Burnley

59 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I know what you mean, but these deals are definitely exciting.  I just hope it is enough to make us more solid at the back. They also have their reputations on the line, Kabak did not make the grade at Liverpool, he should be hungry to prove everyone wrong.

Kabak was very good for Liverpool but got injured

12 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Other 'interesting' possible moves (only because we have discussed them on here) are Conor Hourihane going to Sheff Utd on a season long loan and Swansea have Fulham sniffing around Matt Grimes and Conor Roberts going to Burnley

Christian Walton (goalie we were linked with in some places) has today gone to Ipswich.

Jack Wilshere (who according to some on here we should have brought in last season) is currently unattached and looking for a new club. 

2 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

And, of course, English football fans are famed across the world for their delightful conduct! 🤣

That’s racist against English fans! 😡

12 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Screenshot_20210830-131946_Chrome.jpg

This is quite brilliant from Webber, whether part of a back 4 or 5, he has all the attributes to improve us and become a fantastic CB himself. After Liverpool’s shaky performances early to mid season, he certainly played a part in turning that around with 6 cleans sheets in 13 appearances across the Premier League and Champions League. Honestly think Webber will have pulled one right out of the hat here if this one comes off. I look at all those signings and think that’s a squad that should really finish mid table, and who knows, maybe it will…

Edited by Alex Moss
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

This is quite brilliant from Webber, whether part of a back 4 or 5, he has all the attributes to improve us and become a fantastic CB himself. After Liverpool’s shaky performances early to mid season, he certainly played a part in turning that around with 6 cleans sheets in 13 appearances across the Premier League and Champions League. Honestly think Webber will have pulled one right out of the hat here if this one comes off. I look at all those signings and think that’s a squad that should really finish mid table, and who knows, maybe it will…

talknorwichcity-ncfc.gif

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Screenshot_20210830-131946_Chrome.jpg

I may be controversial here, well actually very much so I fear...but I'm really hopeful this bloke is the real deal and that in the course of this season he forms a solid pairing with one other. And that one other for me is Omobamadele. I've seen enough of Andrew to see a lot of potential in him as a CB. He reads the game, passes well and has speed.

Controversial I realise because I don't think we've had a great CB pairing since Bruce and Watson. Hanley and Gibson are fine (and I like them) but I'm still to be convinced they are up to a PL job. I hope I'm proved wrong of course.

Nor, I realise, is Andrew O. He hasn't been tested. But I haven't been able to get rid of what has felt like a forlorn hope of seeing a truly excellent CB pairing at NCFC. One with future potential. I wondered if Godfrey might have been half of an anchor pair but he was sold quickly. 

Kabak is real quality from what I've seen and read. Omobamadele has the potential. Not sure if others feel the same? This ISN'T me having a go at Grant Hanley or Ben Gibson. I support them 100%. 

Real hopes that Kabak is star quality and an upgrade on Grant and Ben. It is good to have more options and that is one of the lessons from last time. With Zimm we now have a more solid back up and squad depth with 5 CBs. With Kabak we might have our No.1 position CB.

Edited by sonyc

Trying to sit back and take this all in..little more than a week ago DF did say a full back, holding mid and CB were still needed and that he was confident of business  being done but as time flies towards the  close of window i had the first slight feelings of doubt creep into my head....and boom, Williams, Normann and Kabak..and best of all, City can put their figurative feet up on the final day of the window with business already done.

Very busy and unreal transfer window for City, incredible work done by SW and all involved, not least by our beloved loan arranger to..a big thumbs up from every true City fan.

There is the gun and the ammo...its over to you DF.

• Like 1

Over his time with us, Farke's shown himself to be a splendid manager on limited resources whilst still getting his teams to play good football that fans want to see. He's earned a chance to be backed heavily by the club in the market. By our standards, he really has been during the course of this window, and Webber's move of selling Buendia has funded a considerable part of this.

I'm not going to go into the clouds and say we're bound to finish 12th or anything. Let's not fool ourselves, let's keep our feet on the ground, these players will still need a few weeks to form the gun we need for this fight and we're going to have to fight extremely hard all the time to get anything, 'even' against the likes of Palace, Southampton, Watford, and Brentford.

It will still be a tremendous battle to stay up that will demand absolutely everything from the club and us as fans. But it's clear they had a plan and worked it well - resolutely sticking with targets for positions when others would have panicked (hence the prolonged, but ultimately successful acquisitions of Normann and Tzolis). I still expect we'll have the odd spell where we don't win in a few games too, but I certainly won't be panicking.

For the first time in a long time though, I do think we've given ourselves a chance this time.

And I will keep believing until mathematics tells me otherwise.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I may be controversial here, well actually very much so I fear...but I'm really hopeful this bloke is the real deal and that in the course of this season he forms a solid pairing with one other. And that one other for me is Omobamadele. I've seen enough of Andrew to see a lot of potential in him as a CB. He reads the game, passes well and has speed.

Controversial I realise because I don't think we've had a great CB pairing since Bruce and Watson. Hanley and Gibson are fine (and I like them) but I'm still to be convinced they are up to a PL job. I hope I'm proved wrong of course.

Nor, I realise, is Andrew O. He hasn't been tested. But I haven't been able to get rid of what has felt like a forlorn hope of seeing a truly excellent CB pairing at NCFC. One with future potential. I wondered if Godfrey might have been half of an anchor pair but he was sold quickly. 

Kabak is real quality from what I've seen and read. Omobamadele has the potential. Not sure if others feel the same? This ISN'T me having a go at Grant Hanley or Ben Gibson. I support them 100%. 

Real hopes that Kabak is star quality and an upgrade on Grant and Ben. It is good to have more options and that is one of the lessons from last time. With Zimm we now have a more solid back up and squad depth with 5 CBs. With Kabak we might have our No.1 position CB.

Completely agree - love Gibson and Hanley but watching Gibson getting left in the dust by Periera at the weekend shows we need a bit more dynamism.

Liverpool supporter actually from Liverpool and not Yeovil has just texted me - ‘Definite upgrade for you. 1 or 2 sticky moments aside, I think you’ll find overall most Liverpool supporters liked him and recognised he did well coming in when the pressure was on for us. He’s young but full of potential at 21. Good move by the Canaries kido!’

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Overkill and Grimes isn't good enough