Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

36 minutes ago, Bovril said:

As others have said, he's an upgraded Sorenson (judging on reports). I would like to now see Sorenson sent out on loan to somewhere like WBA/Bournemouth as his game time appears severely limited here now. 

Unlikely to get in the Bournemouth team with midfield genius Ben Pearson in the team (well that's according to one poster on this message board anyway).

1 hour ago, Jsim1986 said:

If we can get a CB will be very happy, only concern is how long will these signings get up to scratch

Yes I agree. There are signs of promise from all of our new signings but we need things to click asap - particularly at the top end of the pitch, where Pukki needs to find some kind of an understanding with those around him.

6 hours ago, hepphep said:

So to summarize after quick browsing, good on offensive passing, especially suitable with fast wingers (that would be good), good in defensive interceptions but rarely tackles. Good on aerial duels. So does not sound lot like Skipp style DM, but maybe more like someone to build attacks from deep and start counter attacks?

Like Maldini said, if he has to tackle he’s already failed. I guess that’s our game plan this season?! 

6 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Like Maldini said, if he has to tackle he’s already failed. I guess that’s our game plan this season?! 

Agreed! And that sounds like a cunning plan indeed!

Edited by hepphep

6 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Yes I agree. There are signs of promise from all of our new signings but we need things to click asap - particularly at the top end of the pitch, where Pukki needs to find some kind of an understanding with those around him.

Totally agree with the last part here. Pukki isn't really the type of player who thrives on balls from the wings. Most of his goals come from defence splitting passes, often straight balls for him to run on to. Having watched Tzolis now I feel that he may well be more of an answer to provide those kind of passes. Also, possibly Normann when and if he pushes up the pitch as he's a very good passer of the ball. However, from all I've read and watched of him this far, it would suggest he likes to play with fast wingers too, pinging balls from deep out wide (which he is very adept at). So, this suggests to me it'll continue to be more the way we play now. 

7 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Question for word nerds. If we sign Kabak will he be the first player with a palindromic surname to play for us? 

Certainly a great reason to sign him. Paul COOK and Ekoku come close, but between the wars we had a Joe HANNAH who played more than 400 games for us.🤓

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Certainly a great reason to sign him. Paul COOK and Ekoku come close, but between the wars we had a Joe HANNAH who played more than 400 games for us.🤓

Impressive stuff - and looks like someone we should know more about. 

14 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Brilliant stuff Purple - thanks. 🙂  We also recently signed a Duda (which is close). 

It seems that schalke offered Kabak for 8 million to Liverpool at the end of the loan last season.

Loan to buy is a great route and let's see if we can get this across the line

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Brilliant stuff Purple - thanks. 🙂  We also recently signed a Duda (which is close). 

Ironic given he was a dud for us.

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

To be fair, Duda had the benefit of being a pretty accurate summary when you wrote his name backwards as well.

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is all the Turkish fans flooding our social media if/when he signs..

You see it all the time with Turkish players. Crazy fans. And if you don't play him during a match.. 'Wow this club is racist against Turkish people' etc etc spammed everywhere

This would be a spectacular move considering our position and the interest from bigger clubs. I mean, Liverpool thought he was good enough initially and were going to potentially pay 18 million. Sounds like after a slow start for them he found form before getting an injury that just meant he didn’t show enough for a permanent.

This one is being played as a last minute one, the only way we could have gotten him as we know Schakle need him off the books, but would have demanded a decent fee earlier in the window. Now the idea of a loan with a few to buy, perhaps with a loan fee is looking the most attractive with other clubs either offering the same with no loan fee or maybe a permanent for less money then we might pay upon survival.

Webber pulls this off and he will have played the game to perfection. Let’s hope we get it over the line.

• Like 1

The Athletic's article on Normann makes really interesting reading. Shows him statistically as a player who likes to win the ball back and either carry it forward or make a forward pass.

Perfect for a side looking to transition into a counter attacking force.

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is all the Turkish fans flooding our social media if/when he signs..

You see it all the time with Turkish players. Crazy fans. And if you don't play him during a match.. 'Wow this club is racist against Turkish people' etc etc spammed everywhere

And, of course, English football fans are famed across the world for their delightful conduct! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

The Athletic's article on Normann makes really interesting reading. Shows him statistically as a player who likes to win the ball back and either carry it forward or make a forward pass.

Perfect for a side looking to transition into a counter attacking force.

I can see him feeding Tzolis like a treat ... when you think of how he gobbled up his opening goal against Bournemouth.

41 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Not going to Pretend I know who he is, but VIV Busby

Hopefully doesn't happen until late tomorrow, be nice to actually have a reason to listen /watch deadline day non stop despite **** all going on 😂

• Like 1

Just now, birchfest said:

Blimey…. It’s going to happen isn’t it. What a time to be a city fan.

69CD9C96-1CB7-4D7F-9B2C-11BD8C36DF1D.png

Just seen that. Bodes well. 

Have to say Webber has really gone for it. We have bought virtually a new team and tried to strengthen every position.

Last time we bought hardly anyone, this time is the polar opposite.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

At this rate half our teams gonna be made of loanees who will vanish if we don't get out the bottom half

I agree. What a terrible plan. Just like last year when we had loan to buys for Gibson & Giannoulis and Skipp for just one year. It was just awful. A season to forget, absolutely.