Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

8 minutes ago, WSM said:

Mail on Sunday has linked us with Schalke's CB Ozan Kabak - not sure on the authenticity of it but the Pinkun have made an article about it

That’s one of those mad ones that might just happen, it would really depend if there was no serious interest from any other party as we know Schalke are keen to do a deal this window 

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Cantwell or Max will be leaving then to make that one happen.

No chance, they’ll be here until January at least. Besides, the Kabak article states it would be a loan deal, not a permanent transfer. 

I do think we’ll be signing a CB before the transfer window is out, particularly in light of Gibson’s underwhelming start to the season, but I’m not sure it will be Kabak. Can see a team with a bit more pulling power going in for him. Lots of talk about Torino and Newcastle being interested, both of which are more attractive propositions than us, let’s be honest.

Edited by Hoolahoop14

35 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

According to WyScout, PLM failed in 7 of his 8 defensive duels against Leicester. He was constantly bypasses by the Leicester midfielders and caught out of position a number of times. Gilmour only missed one defensive duel, which was the one that lead to the goal unfortunately, and made more interceptions than PLM. 

Lees-Melou is a good player, but like many, has been a little caught out by the speed of the Premier League. 

In that case I stand corrected. Out of curiosity, how many defensive duels Gilmour won?

3 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

No chance, they’ll be here until January at least. Besides, the Kabak article states it would be a loan deal, not a permanent transfer. 

I do think we’ll be signing a CB before the transfer window is out, particularly in light of Gibson’s underwhelming start to the season, but I’m not sure it will be Kabak. Can see a team with a bit more pulling power going in for him. Lots of talk about Torino and Newcastle being interested, both of which are more attractive propositions than us, let’s be honest.

OK fair enough. It would be useful if when people mention articles about players we are linked to that they state if it's a loan. 

With Gilmour, Williams, Normann and Kabak (or similar) it feels a bit like the Roeder days with all these loans.

29 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

According to the info I’ve seen Normann has regularly played as the “single pivot” for Rostov

He’s played both as a pivot and in the box-to-box role. He likes to get forward though when playing either role, he isn’t a player that sits deep and sweeps up like Skipp did. Normann wants to get forward. 

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

6 out of 7

Thats actually quite good. I must've had my opinion biased due to part he had in both of their goals. When counting those out, he seems to have done better. It is really nice to get corrected with stats instead of tossing opinions. Thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He’s played both as a pivot and in the box-to-box role. He likes to get forward though when playing either role, he isn’t a player that sits deep and sweeps up like Skipp did. Normann wants to get forward. 

Oh dear. Oh well, prehpas we might get a real defensive midfielder after christmas 😂

• Like 1

Thought McLean looked much better than Lees-Melou yesterday personally. I’d expect the Frenchman to drop to the bench if we get a better midfielder personally.

4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Reading this makes me think of Sorenson and why we bought him, calm, intelligent player, with good eye for a pass. Hopefully we'll nail Normann, and then onto CB

I think Sorensen will regress this season, just can't see where he will be involved. A loan to a Championship club might be good for him.

5 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Reading this makes me think of Sorenson and why we bought him, calm, intelligent player, with good eye for a pass. Hopefully we'll nail Normann, and then onto CB

Yeh I feel for Sorenson, he has been very good for us including at left back maybe we should try him there again as that is problem area for us, we are conceding a lot of goals from that side.

Normann is agreed apparently for a season long loan but he won't sign permanently if we get relegated plus he is on international duty so it really is last minute stuff and we could end with egg on our faces . Unfortunately our poor start to the season is not a great selling point to come here.

I dont know why we see a cb as such an essential purchase or loan... we have zimbo and big Andy.. ok zimms been out injured for a while but still..

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

So to summarize after quick browsing, good on offensive passing, especially suitable with fast wingers (that would be good), good in defensive interceptions but rarely tackles. Good on aerial duels. So does not sound lot like Skipp style DM, but maybe more like someone to build attacks from deep and start counter attacks?

Just the CB to get and we're good to go.

Think there might be one or two more going out on loan if clubs come asking.

Think he's too much of a pretty boy and not a bruiser like carvalho. But time will tell

27 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Think he's too much of a pretty boy and not a bruiser like carvalho. But time will tell

You have got to be kidding me. You're judging his ability on the pitch based on his looks?!

This is a new low even for this forum.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

You have got to be kidding me. You're judging his ability on the pitch based on his looks?!

No, I've never seen him play or heard of him to be totally honest. I shouldn't judge by looks to be honest. Apologies about that. 

29 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Don't kid yourself.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Though he has called himself a defensive midfielder that likes to tackle.

Bradley Johnson got forward for us even when playing defensively - just not as much as others. 

As others have said, he's an upgraded Sorenson (judging on reports). I would like to now see Sorenson sent out on loan to somewhere like WBA/Bournemouth as his game time appears severely limited here now. 

On 27/08/2021 at 14:06, Hoolahoop14 said:

Normann starting today for Rostov...

Carvalho is happening, can feel it in my plums.

Maybe best to stop feeling your plums for a while. 😉 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Don't kid yourself.

Exactly, I think half the reason Freddo dislikes Todd is thatches better looking than Mrs Freddo. 😉😇👍.

4 hours ago, WSM said:

Mail on Sunday has linked us with Schalke's CB Ozan Kabak - not sure on the authenticity of it but the Pinkun have made an article about it

Interesting. Remember him playing for Liverpool last season, but also ‘don’t’ remember him playing for Liverpool last season if you get what I mean, WSM 😂. Anyone perused the Liverpool message board to see their thoughts on this? I’d imagine if they know he could possibly be coming here then he’ll suddenly become devalued in quality compared to when he was with them last season ; )