Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

That's not Southwell saying Normann is the priority. Just some fan.

-

I've seen it mentioned that he can also play in central defence. Is this right?

Yeah that’s me writing to him haha

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Shifting gears a bit, we've done quite well to get better loan spots for the kids than in previous seasons with all of Martin, Famewo, McCallum, Sinani, and Adshead at L1 or better. Omotoye at L2 Leyton Orient.

It will be interesting to see if we can further get any of Oxborough, Sitti, Placheta, Tomkinson, Fitzpatrick, Dickson-Peters, Kamara, et al. out to a good loan.

Fitzpatrick has already left the club. I would hope we could keep Kamara, Tomkinson and Placheta. 

16 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Fitzpatrick has already left the club. I would hope we could keep Kamara, Tomkinson and Placheta. 

I've still yet to see any official confirmation of this. There was a media report in Scotland a couple of weeks ago claiming that he was on trial with St Johnstone after leaving Norwich, but his contract here runs until next summer and I've seen nothing from the club to say anything to the contrary.

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Benjamin Mendy might be available on a cheap soon. Might have to wait a while to use him though. Webber loves a creative transfer.

👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Benjamin Mendy might be available on a cheap soon. Might have to wait a while to use him though. Webber loves a creative transfer.

If the accusations are proven to be true, there's more chance of Giovanni Buendia turning pro before Mendy sets foot on a football pitch again.

The more the day's gone on the more I've warmed up to that Carvalho rumour. Gonna be sad when it's fully squashed tomorrow morning.

59 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

dou dou dou push pineapple shake the tree?

It wasn't just me then......😂

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

The more the day's gone on the more I've warmed up to that Carvalho rumour. Gonna be sad when it's fully squashed tomorrow morning.

Could well be a bit of creative name dropping to rattle Normann out of the Rostov cage.

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Could well be a bit of creative name dropping to rattle Normann out of the Rostov cage.

That was my first assumption too.

5 minutes ago, WSM said:

update 

The same people that gave you:
"Norwich in the race to sign Armstrong, could hijack Southampton bid at last minute" when Armstrong was having a medical at Southampton. And when pressed on twitter the journo responsible said "well, Norwich's offer hasn't been taken off the table."

So I'd ignore this to be honest.

Edited by chicken

£82k a week….crikey, how many of us even earn anything like that in a year, let alone in just 7 days?  (I don’t, fwiw!); it does sound a lot more than I’d have though he’s on though

Edited by Branston Pickle

13 minutes ago, WSM said:

update 

I wonder where they got £82k pw from? The Spanish paper (who will know because Spanish clubs have to file players contracts in a public database I believe) say he's on €2.5m pa or about £42k pw... I do often wonder why so many read/buy/believe the Sun (and the mail for that)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guys, it seems pretty clear he was on the list and we asked at some point, but it seems Bettis want him gone and he isn’t so are trying to leak some interest, likely because there is someone else considering him and are trying to get them to bite.

I have no doubt his name was flag, a call was made a fee was set out and then the first conversation with the agent put it firmly to bed with his wage demands and likely no desire to stay or have a wage cut in the event of a relegation.

time to move on, it seems Normann is the front runner.

6 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I wonder where they got £82k pw from? The Spanish paper (who will know because Spanish clubs have to file players contracts in a public database I believe) say he's on €2.5m pa or about £42k pw... I do often wonder why so many read/buy/believe the Sun (and the mail for that)

Yeah doing a quick Google search seems to indicate that his wages are likely to be around 38-39k a week, whether that is within our wage budget is still uncertain but I don't think it rules a move out entirely. I suspect that it may be a timely release of a rumour in order to progress the normann dealings

Not sure of the source or the validity of the chap behind this but still, worthy of sharing:

image.thumb.png.bc8d8993a5dd712cc7ea437dd184ffe5.pngimage.thumb.png.01e7ef1cfc4ccfa51dec5f313181e3a2.png

When they said this summer would be interesting... they were bloody right! I mean, even if we don't get Carvalho, the fact that it doesn't sound that unbelievable, considering where we were just two seasons ago... is enough to make me smile to be honest. People are going on about pace, but if he plays as a true DM, it isn't as essential as positioning. Tettey is evidence of that, Makelele and Dechamps were never blessed with huge amounts of pace, neither was Petit.

Edited by chicken
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Not sure of the source or the validity of the chap behind this but still, worthy of sharing:

image.thumb.png.01e7ef1cfc4ccfa51dec5f313181e3a2.pngimage.thumb.png.bc8d8993a5dd712cc7ea437dd184ffe5.png

When they said this summer would be interesting... they were bloody right! I mean, even if we don't get Carvalho, the fact that it doesn't sound that unbelievable, considering where we were just two seasons ago... is enough to make me smile to be honest. People are going on about pace, but if he plays as a true DM, it isn't as essential as positioning. Tettey is evidence of that, Makelele and Dechamps were never blessed with huge amounts of pace, neither was Petit.

That report is from here: https://todofichajes.com/el-norwich-avanza-por-william-carvalho/

You’ve got to just love some of the translation…true or otherwise re: him coming, you do wonder where the Sun has got their €80k/wk from if everything else suggests differently.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You’ve got to just love some of the translation…true or otherwise re: him coming, you do wonder where the Sun has got their €80k/wk from if everything else suggests differently.

They pull it out of their @rs3 every time. From what I have seen they only regurgitate other sports news, make it up, or help out agents for a few bob. 

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

not sure on the tax in Spain, but if he is on 40k net. with 50% uk tax for high earner. That's 80k ish gross. Could also have some bonuses on top of his Spanish Salary. 

Or the sun is just making things up. 

19 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It's not a great one to be honest.

Well if nothing else this has provided us with some interest, with not a lot else going on; I think most of us would file it under ‘unlikely’ but who knows.

59 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

They'll have gotten it from the same place as all their other information, plucked out of their **** holes 

50 minutes ago, Baracouda said:

not sure on the tax in Spain, but if he is on 40k net. with 50% uk tax for high earner. That's 80k ish gross. Could also have some bonuses on top of his Spanish Salary. 

Or the sun is just making things up. 

Spanish media does tend to report wages post-tax unlike the UK which usually uses pre-tax figures. 

Well just because he's on that there doesn't mean we'd pay all of it. If nobody else is going to offer what we are to take him (say 50% wages and Betis pay the rest) then he'll come to us or Betis will have to keep paying him full salary.

Pretty sure we paid most of Trybulls salary last season when he went to Blackburn

At first I thought how old is Carvalho he has been linked with clubs since around the time we were bringing in RVW and I thought he was older, but he is a player who has been linked loads of times and never signed by an English club, I don't typically watch much of Sporting Lisbon but I'm sure between Webber and Farke we will bring in the right man.