Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

As often as the God awful Guardian ?

Really no!

Look at today as evidence 🤣

Lovely to have a new rumour to mull over.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Anyone spotted any interesting/unexpected flights from Russia/Spain/anywhere…?

The red arrows recently left Norwich airport, maybe they will pick him up on the return leg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, greendoor said:

"William Carvalho is a donkey", a quote regularly said by my Portuguese housemate.

I for one would not be happy with this addition. 

Cant say i have noticed him much in the past but if your mate is right, hardly fits the power and pace brief we desparately need!    

2 hours ago, greendoor said:

"William Carvalho is a donkey", a quote regularly said by my Portuguese housemate.

I for one would not be happy with this addition. 

A donkey who Ronaldo fully rates.

Probs just so he'll give him rides around his estate

Pundits will love us signing Carvalho as it’s someone they’ve heard of, and they probably already know how to pronounce his name.

Start of the season: “At last, Norwich signing experience to combat their naivety”.

End of the season:”Norwich should have stuck to their game plan of buying under-valued players with potential“.

☹️

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Pundits will love us signing Carvalho as it’s someone they’ve heard of, and they probably already know how to pronounce his name.

Start of the season: “At last, Norwich signing experience to combat their naivety”.

End of the season:”Norwich should have stuck to their game plan of buying under-valued players with potential“.

☹️

I for one think signing players that people have heard of goes against Sporting integrity

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I for one think signing players that people have heard of goes against Sporting integrity

Unless you pay over £50m, mortgaging out the ground, for them - at which point you are clearly "making a good go of it". 

3 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

As often as the God awful Guardian ?

Not sure if this is tongue in cheek but for many, many years now, it has been widely accepted that the broadsheets tend to, though not always, hold themselves to a higher moral standing and level of responsibility. You'll find better researched and investigated articles amongst them along with some that carry supplements that are considered as industry musts - Times Educational Supplement for example, or the Financial Times, the Guardian has some too.

The tabloids are well known to be penny thrills, largely based upon "opinion" - though this is often more to 'gaslight' people to buying their paper than it is to actually report or share anything new. Their online presence is no exception and they usually make click-bate articles of the type of trash that twitter etc throw at you. "30 life hacks" and all that rubbish.

There is a special fiery place in hell for the Sun and the Daily Heil. One is owned by a bunch of moral-less people who are happy to have their "journalists" hack into a murdered girls phone so they can listen to the desperate messages left on it by her panicked parents. And to this day, still refuse to apologise for their part in painting Hillsborough as the result of drunken, thuggish and unruly Liverpool fans. The other supported and were fans of the Nazis in the 1930's, the lead up to WW2 and continue to support a far right wing agenda. Both are happy to make articles about Katy Price going bankrupt one day, then how much she is spending on a toy car or some such for one of her kids the next...

The Guardian and other broadsheets don't have quite as potted a history as that.

Make of that what you will. I rarely buy newspapers anymore because largely, I don't believe you can trust in any one single source of information and you need to cast your net wide to find a bigger picture of several angles with which to triangulate.

But the Sun and the Daily Heil - no. Waaaay off grid and not in a good way.

2 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Cant say i have noticed him much in the past but if your mate is right, hardly fits the power and pace brief we desparately need!    

Out of the two its his pace that is the concern, looks a handful to outmuscle but will the pace of the Prem be a step beyond? I think so. 

edit: Spelling

Edited by greendoor

Sky Sports News are still continuing to run with the story on Carvalho, to be fair to them they do tend to be pretty reliable.

How come you can say **** chicken?

Edit: that’s N a z i

Edited by Nuff Said

3 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Alex Kral on the flight from Moscow? Maybe wishful thinking..

What flight from Moscow?

9 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

What flight from Moscow?

Someone was mentioning a flight, I think from Moscow, on flight radar.  The usual sort of thing!

Carvalho is quite the name to get fans excited but I'm struck that it doesn't make sense currently given the roster and budget??

Maybe ... Sorensen on loan and Cantwell sold? I think we're in for a wild 5 days before the window ends.

12 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

What flight from Moscow?

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Someone was mentioning a flight, I think from Moscow, on flight radar.  The usual sort of thing!

Appears it landed in London anyway

Just now, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Carvalho is quite the name to get fans excited but I'm struck that it doesn't make sense currently given the roster and budget??

Maybe ... Sorensen on loan and Cantwell sold? I think we're in for a wild 5 days before the window ends.

Carvalho would only be a loan so wouldn't require a huge outlay. Too late in the window for Aarons or Cantwell to leave, unless there is a huge offer.

• Like 1

The rumour is Carvalho on loan so no Cantwell sale needed thankfully. No chance sorensen is going out on loan eother.

Unless silly money comes in I think it's just Hernandez/Placheta that are likely to go now.

I take back the above as assuming Farke sticks with the 4-3-2-1 ... we've McLean, Rupp, Gilmour, Lees-Melou, and Sorensen for 3 positions. In theory. A true CDM would be the last piece in midfield.

AM is another story though as we've Dowell, Placheta, Hernandez, Tzolis, Rashica, and Cantwell for just 2 positions.

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Carvalho would only be a loan so wouldn't require a huge outlay. Too late in the window for Aarons or Cantwell to leave, unless there is a huge offer.

You really think so?? I'm asking honestly. Is that just because such big deals take a lot of time and we'd have heard rumblings by now?

1 minute ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

You really think so?? I'm asking honestly. Is that just because such big deals take a lot of time and we'd have heard rumblings by now?

I highly doubt those two are going anywhere unless there is a mad offer for either. They are both important first team players and would need replacing - there is almost no time to do that so can't see Norwich sanction a sale. 

Only caveat being if there has been something going on quietly for a little while now and Norwich have already lined up a replacement. I'm pretty amazed Aarons is still around, but seems no club has firmed up their interest for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

It's the not needing to sell. init. Unless something already happening in 2 directions underground it's just very unlikely.

It's why their values were pretty much made public as soon as we were promoted.

Shifting gears a bit, we've done quite well to get better loan spots for the kids than in previous seasons with all of Martin, Famewo, McCallum, Sinani, and Adshead at L1 or better. Omotoye at L2 Leyton Orient.

It will be interesting to see if we can further get any of Oxborough, Sitti, Placheta, Tomkinson, Fitzpatrick, Dickson-Peters, Kamara, et al. out to a good loan.

3 minutes ago, WSM said:

https://www.estadiodeportivo.com/betis/2021/08/26/norwich-betis-negocian-posible-traspaso/352434.html

This is the latest on Carvalho - loan with option to buy the most likely solution-- apparently he is on 40k a week - not too much of a problem - Drmic and Amadou were both on 50k each last time we were in the Prem

Loan with an option to buy or obligation if conditions are met? The first is a steal if that was true.

Edited by 1902

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Loan with an option to buy or obligation if conditions are met? The first is a steal if that was true.

Both are mentioned; the same with the Normann deal - guess it just depends who blinks first - Betis need the money and wages off the table to register their new signing Willian José - so they probably more likely in my opinion to agree to an option to buy, as opposed to Rostov who are less likely to need the money so can hold out for an obligation

• Like 1

5 hours ago, birchfest said:

Damn, Connor snuffing out that one too… 

Would suggest Normann is the mann they want.

57A6C069-1779-4E91-998C-09D5657C4F36.png

That's not Southwell saying Normann is the priority. Just some fan.

-

I've seen it mentioned that he can also play in central defence. Is this right?

Edited by PurpleCanary

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

That's not Southwell saying Normann is the priority. Just some fan.

-

I've seen it mentioned that he can also play in central defence. Is this right?

Carvalho can according to Fifa and Transfermarkt - I am surprised we haven't gone for one very good marquee player that can play both positions to be honest