Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

As we approach 200 pages of 0.01% transfer rumours accuracy, I know I have read every darn post! 

I really need a new hobby! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Today we have the definitive word from the Daily Mail:

What they want: Goalkeeper, midfielder, striker.

Who they like: Christian Walton (Brighton), Matthias Normann (Rostov), Mbaye Niang (Rennes).

Come on, people. One out of three isn't bad. Seriously, the obvious problem  with Normann, if he is their clear first choice for midfield, is that they will carry on so long trying to land him that if the deal falls through, which looks distinctly possible, there will not be time to get in someone else.

Bailey has said that Normann is one of several targets. I’d imagine they are all being worked on at the same time - whether Normann is top priority is a bit of an unknown, it is just the only one that has been leaked to the media. As the clock ticks towards deadline we will see clubs more likely to take on the ‘loan with an option’ deal as it becomes clear there isn’t anyone prepared to offer a permanent deal up front. If we suddenly see loads of rumours spring up, that is when we know Norwich are getting a bit desperate and ringing around every agent to see who is available. 

As for the Daily Mail… yeesh, only have to have listened to one of Farke’s last 5 or 6 interviews to know the exact positions Norwich are targeting. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Norfolk Dan said:

As we approach 200 pages of 0.01% transfer rumours accuracy, I know I have read every darn post! 

I really need a new hobby! 

Out of interest, I wonder how many have been talked about on here before it was officially confirmed, Dan? I’m thinking Sargent, Williams, Tzolis, Gunn, and I think Bethnal broke Lees-Melou just prior to that being very nearly an out of the blue. So I think it’s only Rashica who managed to evade us all so far? 

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Out of interest, I wonder how many have been talked about on here before it was officially confirmed, Dan? I’m thinking Sargent, Williams, Tzolis, Gunn, and I think Bethnal broke Lees-Melou just prior to that being very nearly an out of the blue. So I think it’s only Rashica who managed to evade us all so far? 

By that measure Alex "talked about on here before it was Official" we will have a pretty good success rate! We talk....

Just don't think anyone has even pulled one out from ChampMan and said we must sign him and it comes to fruition. Our forum scouting needs a revamp, some new recruits....

Next time round I might keep a post updating with each offering of incoming our out going and see how accurate... Hmmm.. inaccurate we are!  

33 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Today we have the definitive word from the Daily Mail:

What they want: Goalkeeper, midfielder, striker.

Who they like: Christian Walton (Brighton), Matthias Normann (Rostov), Mbaye Niang (Rennes).

Come on, people. One out of three isn't bad. Seriously, the obvious problem  with Normann, if he is their clear first choice for midfield, is that they will carry on so long trying to land him that if the deal falls through, which looks distinctly possible, there will not be time to get in someone else.

The Daily Fail fails daily.

Honestly, a 3 min scanning of the Web would have told them that we only want a DM and CB now!

But, then again ... when do they EVER prioritise accurate research and evidence based journalism over misinformed and lazy assumption?!

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

12 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

The Daily Fail fails daily.

Honestly, a 3 min scanning of the Web would have told them that we only want a DM and CB now!

But, then again ... when do they EVER prioritise accurate research and evidence based journalism over misinformed and lazy assumption?!

A Birmingham rag has been running on all summer about Cantwell despite their chief exec saying they have done their Grealish replacement work now. That and they have kept saying he is in his last year of his contract without mentioning the additional year option until very recently.

Papers sell "stories" not news much of the time these days. Even "news" networks like Fox News. It really is a case of ignore much of the noise.

My advice is to start off by ignoring anything to do with Rupert Murdoch and the Daily Heil. People go on about patriotism but the Daily Heil supported the ****'s and it's still going and still doing the same far right thing. Honestly wouldn't miss some of these rags if they went under. 

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chicken said:

A Birmingham rag has been running on all summer about Cantwell despite their chief exec saying they have done their Grealish replacement work now. That and they have kept saying he is in his last year of his contract without mentioning the additional year option until very recently.

Papers sell "stories" not news much of the time these days. Even "news" networks like Fox News. It really is a case of ignore much of the noise.

This is why we are lucky to have the PinkUn. They avoid all the silly transfer clickbait stuff and set out when a rumour isn’t true - they’d almost certainly get more traffic if they just spun along stories about players, even if they knew Norwich weren’t interested. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Badger said:

I'd be over the moon if this went through.

That would definitely be one way of helping us get over the loss of Skipp!!!

I've heard that 'fee has been agreed but wages the issue' is the word at the moment, whether that means loan or permanent is anyone's guess but a perm would be fantastic! 

Does William Carvalho actually exist though? He has been linked with every team in the premiership for years now but has never arrived.

5 minutes ago, AJ said:

That would definitely be one way of helping us get over the loss of Skipp!!!

I've heard that 'fee has been agreed but wages the issue' is the word at the moment, whether that means loan or permanent is anyone's guess but a perm would be fantastic! 

That was just some bloke on Facebook haha - but if they are in financial difficulty then might be borne out to be true!

This seems like an insane link, exactly the player we need at a great age and with a wealth of experience.  Surely his wages are too high.

Interesting though as seems to be a different kind of player to the other CDMs we have been linked with (Normann, Camara) - he is much slower than both of those, probably possessing less in the attacking sense (although he can do that if you look him up on youtube 😉 ) but insanely strong and very good defensively. 

4 minutes ago, kirku said:

Just realised he's 29 - I guess he never lived up to the early hype?

He's played 68 times for his country, I'd say he isn't doing too badly...

Hmmm seems like this might be one we’ve asked about but the wages/player wanting to come here might be the issue. You never know, but it suggests to me that there are 2/3 players in the mix and we are keeping options open so as not to be left with no one in that position.

Would be very exciting, but wonder if this might be one where the media are finding out after the fact. 

1 minute ago, WSM said:

Interesting though as seems to be a different kind of player to the other CDMs we have been linked with (Normann, Camara) - he is much slower than both of those, probably possessing less in the attacking sense (although he can do that if you look him up on youtube 😉 ) but insanely strong and very good defensively. 

Reminds me more and more of Tettey mk2!

3 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

This seems like an insane link, exactly the player we need at a great age and with a wealth of experience.  Surely his wages are too high.

He might be willing to take a cut so he can have a stab at the Premier League though, plus if it's a loan we might not pay all his wages 

• Like 1

Just now, AJ said:

Not to mention won the Euros in 2016. He was superb in the final.

• Like 2

Connor Southwell already kinda poured cold water on it- saying we have considered him but looks unlikely 😞

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

Indeed, but his club career is nowhere near where it was "meant" to be. Basically Sporting and Betis with a loan to Brugge.