Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

4 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Whilst I agree with the urgency, I feel like the affects of the BK8 saga will really be felt this week. 

We have seen how Webber has opted not to go that 1-2 million extra on certain players (Ajer being the prime example), and has instead had to be strict and stick to his budget accordingly.

Now that we have two positions to fill, that missing 5 million will really restrict what SW will be able to do.

No, no and no. With Ajer it apparently was not only one or two million more, and as far as I am aware he is not the prime example - he is the only example. We certainly ended up paying a fair bit more than we originally offered, and quite possibly more than we intended, for Sargent and Tzolis. And Lotus replaced BK8 so we didn't lose all the £5m. Added to which if we'd kept BK8 we probably would have lost the money from other sponsors.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

With Ajer it apparently was not only one or two million more, and as far as I am aware he is not the prime example - he is the only example

Correct on both counts, it was more than one or two million for Ajer and no, you are not aware of the negotiations so you can't say that SW has had to walk away from any deals.

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

We certainly ended up paying a fair bit more than we originally offered, and quite possibly more than we intended, for Sargent and Tzolis. 

That's how negotiations work. You start low and eventually find an agreement somewhere in between the two parties starting points.

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

And Lotus replaced BK8 so we didn't lose all the £5m. 

True. However the resounding point remains that our transfer budget was impacted and Webber was visibly frustrated by it. We now have two players to recruit and the extra money would've certainly helped.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

However the resounding point remains that our transfer budget was impacted and Webber was visibly frustrated by it. We now have two players to recruit and the extra money would've certainly helped.

Luckily it seems the club realise they made a mistake and I doubt will be repeating it anytime soon. 

13 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Like the thinking, but what if he knows via his agent that there’s firm interest from more ‘established’, and it pains me to say it, more ‘attractive’, Premier League teams? 

He may. But make an offer and force the issue one way or another. 

22 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Correct on both counts, it was more than one or two million for Ajer and no, you are not aware of the negotiations so you can't say that SW has had to walk away from any deals.

and quite possibly more than we intended, for Sargent and Tzolis. 

That's how negotiations work. You start low and eventually find an agreement somewhere in between the two parties starting points.

True. However the resounding point remains that our transfer budget was impacted and Webber was visibly frustrated by it. We now have two players to recruit and the extra money would've certainly helped.

Yes, of course that is how negotiations work but you left out the point I was making,  which is that, unlike with Ajer, it seems that with Sargent and Tzolis we may well have paid more than we intended. And, yes, Webber was very publicly unhappy. But that doesn't mean the transfer budget was as badly affected as his level of public unhappiness indicated.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes, of course that is how negotiations work but you left out the point I was making,  which is that, unlike with Ajer, it seems that with Sargent and Tzolis we may well have paid more than we intended. And, yes, Webber was very publicly unhappy. But that doesn't mean the transfer budget was as badly affected as his level of public unhappiness indicated.

Nothing concrete here. It's all assumptions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

He may. But make an offer and force the issue one way or another. 

In which case, if we make our top end bid/wage proposal to said player and he says no because he’s had offers from clubs he feels are a better bet, it illustrates perfectly how buying a player is far more complicated than just the ideal that you rock up at an agents door, pay him the money, and then the player is yours. I would imagine this has happened a fair bit this window unfortunately, but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, WSM said:

Alan Nixon reporting that Hugill is off to West Brom on Loan

Not paying attention to that hack anymore. Played right into Saints hands using us as a stalking horse for the Armstrong rumours. Can’t be trusted. 

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Not paying attention to that hack anymore. Played right into Saints hands using us as a stalking horse for the Armstrong rumours. Can’t be trusted. 

Connor Southwell has just confirmed it as well.... he does have his sources

Watford want Yokuslu so it doesn’t look like they were the promoted club that was after Mahdi Camara. Looking more likely that it’s us that is interested. Would be a great signing for that DM position if we could afford him. 

2 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

Watford want Yokuslu so it doesn’t look like they were the promoted club that was after Mahdi Camara. Looking more likely that it’s us that is interested. Would be a great signing for that DM position if we could afford him. 

He only is 63 rated silver rated card on FIFA, sure he is what we need ? Only 65 pace to. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Anybody on plane watch?, we are in the flight path for planes approaching to land at Norwich airport and a small, executive type jet has just passed overhead, heading towards Norwich............

A flight from Bremen landed this morning haha

Probably just family/items of Sargent/Rashica but you never know haha

Any other Bremen players worth taking?!

Not really anything new, but Michael Bailey in his piece today has said that Normann is an active target which Norwich are working on, but he isn’t the only target. He also seems to back up other reports that it is a difficult deal to get done. 

17 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Anybody on plane watch?, we are in the flight path for planes approaching to land at Norwich airport and a small, executive type jet has just passed overhead, heading towards Norwich............

A scheduled flight from Exeter landed about half an hour ago so it was probably that. There was a small Cessna type that recently landed from Birmingham too. There is however a private jet just about to take off from Norwich so it will be interesting to see where that goes. It’s not the one that landed from Bremen earlier as that’s already left. 

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Seemed to me that Webber was setting up the BK8 fiasco as a bit of a smokescreen should we not land some of our targets because, as you rightly point out, the numbers involved really don't appear to be significant enough to make a material impact

35 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

🤣 What has this forum become? ✈️🧐🤓😂

We have all got to move with the times, gone are the days we look out for new signings in Morrisons 😀. I am off to cycle up to Seething airfield to make sure Norwich do not sneak a flight into there.............

39 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Thanks for the replies, I think it must have been the Birmingham flight, about the size of a Cessna executive jet, the Loganzir plane is bigger and I am sure it was not that.........

I can't quite believe I have become a plane spotter but it was a dark & light grey Cessna just like this one. My office window is 100m from the run way and I said to a lady I work with "I bet that's being tracked by Norwich fans" 🤣

image.png.3e6e8fd3179bce5a73596cb9c01331be.png

• Like 1

On this plane thing, our players have been flown in by private JET so far haven't they? Yet Cardiff were willing to trust their record signing to a rickety 2 seated prop plane... I was surprised by that plane choice at the time, I'm even more amazed by it now.

Ipswich have also been busy in the transfer window by the looks of it.

1904_Flyer_Flight_16Nov.jpg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

On this plane thing, our players have been flown in by private JET so far haven't they? Yet Cardiff were willing to trust their record signing to a rickety 2 seated prop plane... I was surprised by that plane choice at the time, I'm even more amazed by it now.

That was just unbelievable.

16 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

In bad weather / night time as well wasn’t it? It could be that all teams have learned from that Cardiff experience and it was the norm before…

36 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Ipswich have also been busy in the transfer window by the looks of it.

1904_Flyer_Flight_16Nov.jpg

Far too sophisticated! this is where they do their shopping:

skip1.jpg

48 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Cardiff claim they offered him tickets for a commercial flight, but Sala choose to take the private plane. There is going to be a court case about it in a month or so - the details will come out then I guess.