Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

I think we'll sign at least 2 of the following..

Brandon Williams (loan)

Matthias Norman (loan to buy)

Joe Worrall (10 mill)

I have no sources or evidence but believe that there is real interest (from trawling through gossip columns) 

Would people be happy with these additions?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Brandon Williams (loan)

Joe Worrall (10 mill)

I have no sources or evidence but believe that there is real interest (from trawling through gossip columns) 

Yes and no.

I'd be happy that the three areas which still need addressing have been dealt with but I'd still be a bit concerned that about the lack of experience as neither Normann nor Worrall have ever played at the top level and would probably need a period of acclimatisation.

Yes, I know that proven players cost more money and may be out of our price range but I think one of the CB/DM signings needs to be a player with top level experience and leadership qualities because it's something we're still a bit short on compared to other sides.

• Like 1

Any ideas who those players might be?  That’s the problem....Cahill might have been a good fit, but Geography saw to that (if we were interested at all).  I’ve seen Bmuff fans bigging it that they could attract him and we couldn’t, but the fact is plain and simple - he has a young family, didn’t want to move and it’s +1hr each way from Cobham to Norwich; he’s at a place in his life where that matters. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

25 minutes ago, Sean said:

Brandon Williams (loan)

Joe Worrall (10 mill)

If feel like pure ****, just want buendia back 

I did wonder if we might look to scupper Lewis O’Brien’s possible move to Leeds - he’s reportedly available for around £5-6m+ add ons.

Nat Phillips is apparently available for around £10m - £15m from Liverpool. Maybe that is one Webber could structure for less with a sell on clause.

Maybe another CB option.

5 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

Nat Phillips is apparently available for around £10m - £15m from Liverpool. Maybe that is one Webber could structure for less with a sell on clause.

Maybe another CB option.

I'd steer clear of Liverpool youth players. They overprice them. Brewster and Ibe are two examples...they've hardly excelled since they left. Jurgen would keep them if he saw real class.

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Brandon Williams (loan)

Joe Worrall (10 mill)

I don't know enough about Normann, but I want to see an out and out ball winning midfielder and it doesn't seem he is one. 

The other two would be ok, Williams I feel is a good player, Worrall I would have to see if he can step up but wouldn't be underwhelmed.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I did wonder if we might look to scupper Lewis O’Brien’s possible move to Leeds - he’s reportedly available for around £5-6m+ add ons.

He'd be my choice. Can't see him being first choice over Phillips so he'll be on the bench most of the season.

O’Brien a tidy player, and at £5-6m would be decent value too but he’s another box to box or No. 8 type rather than the screener that we desperately need.

If we had spare cash then O’Brien would be the type of signing Webber would go for but he’s not the DM we need right now.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Normann is playing for Rostov today so it doesn't sound as if a move is imminent.

...what’s the betting he gets injured?!  They’ve had a crap old start to the season, haven’t they, and currently 1-0 down again.  At least he’s used to losing.....!

i have a scary feeling this window is going to end up being ‘so near yet so far’ again.

Edited by Branston Pickle

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

...what’s the betting he gets injured?!  They’ve had a crap old start to the season, haven’t they, and currently 1-0 down again.  At least he’s used to losing.....!

i have a scary feeling this window is going to end up being ‘so near yet so far’ again.

Dare I mention Ajer with two clean sheets in the row looking very impressive for Brentford

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dare I mention Ajer with two clean sheets in the row looking very impressive for Brentford

NO!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

….vs a scratch Arsenal in a game that should probably have been postponed, and Palace.  Not quite Liverpool and Man City.

The annoying thing is that Arsenal will undoubtedly be back at full strength when we play them 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

….vs a scratch Arsenal in a game that should probably have been postponed, and Palace.  Not quite Liverpool and Man City.

The annoying thing is that Arsenal will undoubtedly be back at full strength when we play them 

Getting played off the park by Chelsea and looking like a Sunday League team right now are Arsenal..

So of course by the time we play them all their best players will be back and they will play against us like the Invincibles 2003–04 Arsenal no doubt about it

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Getting played off the park by Chelsea and looking like a Sunday League team right now are Arsenal..

So of course by the time we play them all their best players will be back and they will play against us like the Invincibles 2003–04 Arsenal no doubt about it

Chelsea looking outstanding.

Next up for Arsenal is Man City away and you can't imagine much joy there. Arteta is bedding in a young team, there are points to be had there if we are strong enough.

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Along come Norwich

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Against Arsenal reserves and Palace, not the best 2 sides in the country 

I wonder if we're still interested in him or if we've closed the door on that path.

Perhaps Monday will being some clarity.

Really want to see who this illusive CM is going to be!!!

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I wonder if we're still interested in him or if we've closed the door on that path.

Perhaps Monday will being some clarity.

Really want to see who this illusive CM is going to be!!!

It'll end up being no-one and we'll have the delight of seeing Rupp their every week until January 🙂

4 hours ago, Bovril said:

O’Brien a tidy player, and at £5-6m would be decent value too but he’s another box to box or No. 8 type rather than the screener that we desperately need.

If we had spare cash then O’Brien would be the type of signing Webber would go for but he’s not the DM we need right now.

He's too small too. We need taller, more powerful players! 

I wonder if Webber might push the boat out a bit more than he had originally planned to get the DM and CB after our less than inspiring start to the season. Whatever happens it’s going to be a very important week for the prospects of staying in the league. 

Based on the evidence of this window so far no matter who we will sign they will be ineffective and over priced

Edited by Uncle Fred