Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

19 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Not for me, TJ - We already have Krul, Gunn, and Micky McGovern.

I can't work out if you've got this very wrong or a joke has sailed way over my head.

• Like 1

Just now, king canary said:

I can't work out if you've got this very wrong or a joke has sailed way over my head.

Probably referring to when he got sent off last season or season before for a really good save on the line

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Probably referring to when he got sent off last season or season before for a really good save on the line

Ah - I have to confess I was wondering; it was a pretty good save!

19 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Omotoye has gone to Orient on a season loan, Fitzpatrick has had his contract terminated, I haven't seen any official announcements about this or Nizet. 

I haven't seen anything official about Fitzpatrick... where did you hear this?

Interesting they are now mentioning this international loan-to-but thing as ‘likely’; it’s not uncommon, and how we got Amadou (though you’d hope any transfer this season worked out better).  It’s a good potential way of getting a player you can’t currently afford.

Edited by Branston Pickle

38 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I don't think Bournemouth are a very good club to try to raid players from. They pay extremely high wages and could argue in a years time they will swap leagues with us. If we're looking to raid a relegated team I think Sheff Utd would be a better bet, I'd have John Egan here without a doubt. 

That would raise a bit more interest in City round here as he's a Caaark boyeeen. Decent but unremarkable  player.

50 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Ahhh! Cracking memory @Alex Moss

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I haven't seen anything official about Fitzpatrick... where did you hear this?

Some of the papers in Scotland are saying this-now training with St Johnstone. I thought it was strange that they took a few days to announce that Nizet had left. Perhaps some others have gone, pity I thought Fitzpatrick had some potential

58 minutes ago, canarycop said:

ahh lol

Reading between the lines, its going to be Brandon Williams coming in on loan imminently to provide cover/competition to fullbacks and a loan to perm option (of some quality) coming in from Europe somewhere for the CDM position. Then it begs the question if any monies are left over to pursue a CB option, but all this talk of looking at free agents via the pinkun etc, I wouldn't be surprised to see an experienced face come in on a free for a 1 / 2 year option to steady the back line & provide a little more experience and leadership.

Edited by jaberry2

I know Kamara might not even be possibility for Norwich (although apparently Newcastle bid £12m) - but he is entering the last year of his contract - potential deal to be done? 

Not sure how it would work with a loan with option to buy - Kamara would have to sign a contract extension at Marseille first I would think to ensure he didn't go on a free

12 minutes ago, WSM said:

I know Kamara might not even be possibility for Norwich (although apparently Newcastle bid £12m) - but he is entering the last year of his contract - potential deal to be done? 

Not sure how it would work with a loan with option to buy - Kamara would have to sign a contract extension at Marseille first I would think to ensure he didn't go on a free

If we could pull it off Kamara wouild make a lot of sense as he is a DCM who can also play centre back so in fact spending our money on that sort of player would probably be a very wise investment and potentially negate the need for another signing at CB.

28 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

If we could pull it off Kamara wouild make a lot of sense as he is a DCM who can also play centre back so in fact spending our money on that sort of player would probably be a very wise investment and potentially negate the need for another signing at CB.

The issue with that is that he wouldn't be being signed as a player for the bench (given the outlay). He would be signed because Farke has told Webber that he needs a high quality DM to play the system he wants.

That means we either have to change system to drop him to CB in an injury crisis or we are in basically the same position as before.

I can't even remember where this rumour came from, but it seems unlikely anyway. I'd be happy to be wrong about that.

1 hour ago, WSM said:

Could be. Didn't Villa have a 17 odd million bid for Rashica turned down a year ago? As you say in the last year of his contract and circumstances change. 

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Could be. Didn't Villa have a 17 odd million bid for Rashica turned down a year ago? As you say in the last year of his contract and circumstances change. 

More than £17m, IIRC - but a relegation, financial trouble at Bremen and Rashica being in the last year of his contract certainly lowered the price.

Proper rumour for a DM. Normann has been pushing to leave Russia for a while now and is expected to go somewhere this summer. 

He was at Brighton for a couple of seasons but never played for them. Is a good tackler and great in the air. 

9B5F149E-1345-4D97-B63C-A151C6D48DFB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Proper rumour for a DM. Normann has been pushing to leave Russia for a while now and is expected to go somewhere this summer. 

He was at Brighton for a couple of seasons but never played for them. Is a good tackler and great in the air. 

A Norwegian DM you say? 😍

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

9B5F149E-1345-4D97-B63C-A151C6D48DFB.jpeg

Would be used to playing in Joma kits as well!

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Ha ha it was indeed reference to Cook’s world class save against Duda in the home game against Bournemouth where we won 1-0 from the resulting penalty, KC : )

I dunno, if Chris Hughton didn't fancy a defensive minded player at this level that makes me doubt his ability, Potter who is a good coach didn't fancy him either. I can't imagine he has suddenly improved loads by playing in Russia, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I dunno, if Chris Hughton didn't fancy a defensive minded player at this level that makes me doubt his ability, Potter who is a good coach didn't fancy him either. I can't imagine he has suddenly improved loads by playing in Russia, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. 

He left after pushing to go out for first team football. Man U and Southampton both made moves for him last year but Rostov asked for a big fee so walked away. 

He’s been a bit of a revelation at Rostov but has been asking to leave as he wants to play in a better league. Norwich would be lucky to get him in all honesty. 

52 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Am I right in thinking that the Kamara rumour literally just comes from plane spotting???!

Don't take away the only thing we've got!!! 😭

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Don't take away the only thing we've got!!! 😭

Yes - you hope/imagine plenty is going on, but we aren’t getting a lot of info through….following planes can sometimes be fun!

6 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

After swotting up on Normann I'm now very keen for this one to grow legs.

It would be a real coup. 

Go get him Webber!

Agreed, although I am usually a glutton for most of these prospective signings after reading the hype, and the usual list of other clubs with a similar interest (Newcastle, Palace. Saints etc.)

The only one recently that I dismissed was Sargent, and look how mistaken that might have been.

Never quite fancied Billing either, come to think of it, especially at the cost.