Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Aren't Cahill and Scott Parker mates from their time at Chelsea?, I would imagine Bournemouth have the money to offer a decent wage with perhaps a coaching role thrown in............

No, Parker left Chelsea 7 years before Cahill joined.

• Haha 1

A possibility rather than a rumour -Kean Bryan. 24 year old left footed CB who can also play as a DM. He made 18 appearances towards the end of last season for Sheffield United. Came up through the ManCity academy and is currently a free agent, with rumoured talks with Boro not amounting to much yet. 

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

Not a rumour but a CB we should go back in for. Jerome Onguene from RB Salzburg. He was linked to us in 2016 when he was at Sochaux and came to Norwich for a 'fact finding mission', I'm not sure why he never signed. Guessing he was put off by our training ground etc. 

He is strong, quick and good in the air. Would cost between £5m - £8m. I'm guessing he would qualify for a work permit as well.

20 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

Not a rumour but a CB we should go back in for. Jerome Onguene from RB Salzburg. He was linked to us in 2016 when he was at Sochaux and came to Norwich for a 'fact finding mission', I'm not sure why he never signed. Guessing he was put off by our training ground etc. 

He is strong, quick and good in the air. Would cost between £5m - £8m. I'm guessing he would qualify for a work permit as well.

Interesting find. Any purchase or loan from Salzburg and with international caps, is a good start in my book. 

In advanced talks to sign Brandon Williams on loan - deal not expected to be completed before Man City. 

Brandon Williams is on a 65k a week contract until 2024 at Manchester United. 

5 minutes ago, Bovril said:

In advanced talks to sign Brandon Williams on loan - deal not expected to be completed before Man City. 

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-rumours-man-utd-full-back-to-sign-8243886

I find this one a bit odd, he's very high profile to have sitting on the bench - which surely Man U wouldn't agree to either.

8 minutes ago, Bovril said:

Where on earth did you get that number from?

I guess Williams fits pretty well for the loan spot, given he can play left or right - not sure he’d necessarily start though, which probably wouldn’t please (him or) Man U.

Guessing United haven't found a preferred loan move for him (where he'll play every week) and they assume he'll get plenty of minutes as cover for both Aarons and Giannoulis. For Norwich, I guess if it works out, and we stay injury free, Mumba can go out on a short term loan to get some game time.

Maybe Max is off. William's can play either side, with Mumba offering cover for either flank and Sorenson for use in an emergency. This assumes poor Byram isn't an option of course.

I would get Williams if it's a permanent deal more than a loan, surely for our last loan signing you'd want someone nailed on to start most games? That's not Williams so I don't see how it suit any parties involved. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HB1989 said:

He's the dog's b**locks on FM2019.

1 minute ago, Forestofdeancanary said:

Let arrons go 20million plus and get the defensive midfielder and center half finally sorted.... great kid but I honestly dont think gonna make a top side.  Hes to small 

Barca and Bayern must have been confused when we sent his height to them in feet and inches...

24 minutes ago, Bovril said:

Wow - what an agent he's got - he's on 20K more than Dan James!

Just now, ncfcstar said:

Barca and Bayern must have been confused when we sent his height to them in feet and inches...

Barca are 1.2 billion in debt.  Bayern ?? Think you mean Roma 

13 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Oops, senior moment, thanks for putting me right.....

No worries, I couldn’t even remember that Parker had been at Chelsea!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Bayern have never made an official bid the other two have.  No problem glad to be of help 

Williams would be a good backup incase of injury to Aarons or Giannoulis but is he really going to be happy to come here and sit on the bench? Don't see him displacing either of those two..

If the Williams thing is true, it points heavily to the likelihood that we expect Aarons to go this window.  If it's for the right price (widely quoted 20 mil +), then fair enough.

35 minutes ago, king canary said:

Where on earth did you get that number from?

A few different places have it listed. Below is one source (he is indeed on 20k more than Dan James as another poster above commented on.).

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/payroll/

He had a purple patch for United which on the back of he signed a new improved deal (great work by the agent). United fans really don't rate him though and think he's Championship level at best. United are open to selling him but can't get rid due to high wages and long contract. 

Many of their fans are bemoaning the fact they didn't sell him (like Chelsea do with their youth) when his stock was high. I think he'd be a decent loan to provide back-up to Giann and Aarons. 

Edited by Bovril
  • Like 1

Just now, Orly said:

If the Williams thing is true, it points heavily to the likelihood that we expect Aarons to go this window.  If it's for the right price (widely quoted 20 mil +), then fair enough.

This, thankfully, is unrelated to Aarons leaving but is related to the fitness situation of Byram. Sadly, as most expected, Byram is well on his way to being Jarvis Mark 2., i.e. a decent player ultimately blighted by long-term injury. 

Edited by Bovril

Bit underwhelmed by us using our remaining domestic loan spot on Brandon Williams if truth be told. Our starting full-backs are the area least in need of improving. For sure we need depth, but I think Mumba can potentially fill in for both berths and would have preferred us either keeping McCallum as Dimitri backup or spent a few million on a more experienced second choice left-back. Then the loan could have been used on someone that would improve the starting eleven, rather than just the squad depth.

I can only assume if we are going for Williams on loan now thats as a consequence of an acceptance that we won;t get Skipp back on loan.

I don;t want either of our current full backs dropped for a loanee though so i would find this signing a little strange. 

Let's hope that means we are signing a CDM on a permanent then!

16 minutes ago, Bovril said:

A few different places have it listed. Below is one source (he is indeed on 20k more than Dan James as another poster above commented on.).

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/payroll/

He had a purple patch for United which on the back of he signed a new improved deal (great work by the agent). United fans really don't rate him though and think he's Championship level at best. United are open to selling him but can't get rid due to high wages and long contract. 

Many of their fans are bemoaning the fact they didn't sell him (like Chelsea do with their youth) when his stock was high. I think he'd be a decent loan to provide back-up to Giann and Aarons. 

I'm taking that list with a sizable pinch of salt- McTominay for instance has been a regular starter and signed a new deal last year, I'd be shocked if he was on £20k p/w. The Daily Mirror reporting of Williams new deal said '£40kp/w rising to £60k' which I'm assuming would be based on number of games played. 

Whichever way you slice it, it isn't a likely to be a cheap deal though.