Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

That would fit the tune of ‘Girl Like You‘ by Edwyn Collins 👍

For extra appropriateness, Edwyn is Scottish too.

Girl Like You is my go to holiday Karaoke song (if, and only if, family harmony is at stake).  I will have to remember to adapt the lyrics and confuse the hell out of people!

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't think we have spent the best part of £10m on Tzolis to have him sitting around, same goes for Sargent and Rashica.

I think they'll be heavily involved and so they should be. Remains to be seen whether they all start but with Emi gone and Cantwell still a possibility, I think they'll be nearer first team action than some people realise.

Absolutely this!!! 

Plus on a aside of the CDM that some seem to think is our biggest miss of the window so far...... Sorenson, McLean, Rupp. I know not any of their first choice of position (except Sorenson), but, I do think all of them have the nouce to play in that position and play it well - if no one comes in. I would be happy to trust in farke to make a good decision on who could make the position thier own (as skipp did last season)

24 minutes ago, WSM said:

Also in other news Billing has told the BBC he wants to stay at Bournemouth

IMO, I've never really seen where he would fit - he now plays more offensively, and there are signs we aren't going to be having a CAM as much this year

Think we can find for £6-10m a really good proper bull-terrier CDM 

I think that interest waned ages ago, PLM is a similar type of player and far cheaper!

Just need that CDM and a CB now.

Now that Tzolis and Sargent are in the building how about some new rumours? Can anyone pretend to be ITK about a defensive mid so I can start following dodgy twitter accounts and checking Transfermarkt obsessively 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Yellow and Green Man said:

Now that Tzolis and Sargent are in the building how about some new rumours? Can anyone pretend to be ITK about a defensive mid so I can start following dodgy twitter accounts and checking Transfermarkt obsessively 

Glen Kamara from Rangers. They've taken a big financial hit by not qualifying for the Champions League and need to make it up somehow. Kamara knows Pukki from playing together for Finland.

It's a nailed on certain rumour. (I got if from InsiderIntheKnowDefinitely100%TrueandNotClickbait.com)

5 minutes ago, Yellow and Green Man said:

Mahdi Camara

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Southampton and Crystal Palace are two teams that I think will very much struggle this season. Don't think they will go down mind think they still have enough to stay up but will be interesting seeing how they both do

IMO there is no guarantee either that Armstrong is a success - they bought Che Adams from Birmingham and he hasn't really set the world alight either

4 minutes ago, Yellow and Green Man said:

Yeah Tzolis and Sargent have felt 'in the building' for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it's a case of no news is goods news and Webber and Co are really on the DM case and all will be revealed soon.

If it's a case of Skipp or no-one, then it could be a very uncomfortable season.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yeah Tzolis and Sargent have felt 'in the building' for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it's a case of no news is goods news and Webber and Co are really on the DM case and all will be revealed soon.

If it's a case of Skipp or no-one, then it could be a very uncomfortable season.

It is not.

If we were willing to spend up to 10m on Billing surely that would be enough to tempt Huddersfield to sell Lewis O'Brien?

I think he's a better player than Billing, he's younger and the closest approximation to an Oli Skipp type player I saw playing for another Championship team last year.

Edit: Just seen the Leeds rumors, nevermind. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

What about Gustov Hamer from Coventry? We were linked once upon a time…

It might take a fair whack of cash, but he could probably nail down a spot. Certainly looks like he has the tools for the job….  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Girl Like You is my go to holiday Karaoke song (if, and only if, family harmony is at stake).  I will have to remember to adapt the lyrics and confuse the hell out of people!

I hope you sing it like Edwyn 🎤

1 hour ago, WSM said:

IMO there is no guarantee either that Armstrong is a success - they bought Che Adams from Birmingham and he hasn't really set the world alight either

If Southampton also sell Ward-Prowse and Vestergaard  they could well struggle. I also don't think West Ham will do well this year - no additions, a European campaign and a smallish squad.

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't think we have spent the best part of £10m on Tzolis to have him sitting around, same goes for Sargent and Rashica.

I think they'll be heavily involved and so they should be. Remains to be seen whether they all start but with Emi gone and Cantwell still a possibility, I think they'll be nearer first team action than some people realise.

Agreed! My guess is that it will be a brutal battle between Cantwell, Idah, Placheta, Dowell, Rashica, Tzolis, Hernandez, and Sargent for about 3-4 spots AND that Farke will LOVE that. Competition is good!

Though I'd also expect at least one of Placheta or Hernandez to not be here in some form by the end of the month ...

6 hours ago, Thumbbass said:

On Saturday, up against Tsimikas, he will feel right at home. But agreed. Let him come on and and score a couple later in the game.

I think Tzolis tends to play on the left and cut inside, so he would be up against TAA. Perhaps better to give Rashica a go against Tsimikas. Or just let Cantwell cut their entire back 4 to pieces anyway.

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I think that interest waned ages ago, PLM is a similar type of player and far cheaper!

Just need that CDM and a CB now.

Probably better too!

57 minutes ago, birchfest said:

What about Gustov Hamer from Coventry? We were linked once upon a time…

It might take a fair whack of cash, but he could probably nail down a spot. Certainly looks like he has the tools for the job….  

Chair from QPR is one I’d love us to go for

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I hope you sing it like Edwyn 🎤

I try my best, as he has a lower register it does make it easier!

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

If Southampton also sell Ward-Prowse and Vestergaard  they could well struggle. I also don't think West Ham will do well this year - no additions, a European campaign and a smallish squad.

That'll suit Moyes, the smallish squad bit. 

3 hours ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Agreed! My guess is that it will be a brutal battle between Cantwell, Idah, Placheta, Dowell, Rashica, Tzolis, Hernandez, and Sargent for about 3-4 spots AND that Farke will LOVE that. Competition is good!

Though I'd also expect at least one of Placheta or Hernandez to not be here in some form by the end of the month ...

Even with Hugill, Placheta and Hernandez, we've only used 22 of our 25 squad places, so no need for them to leave unless they want more game time. 

6 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Even with Hugill, Placheta and Hernandez, we've only used 22 of our 25 squad places, so no need for them to leave unless they want more game time. 

Not sure how you get to 22.

21s & under don’t count (born on or after 1/1/2000) so Aaron’s & Sargent don’t count

2 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

Not sure how you get to 22.

21s & under don’t count (born on or after 1/1/2000) so Aaron’s & Sargent don’t count

Sargent does doesn't he, and Tzolis I'm sure u21s that haven't been in the UK for 2 years DO count in your 25, it's only home grown u21s that don't........ Unless I've totally made that up 😂

5 hours ago, Yellow and Green Man said:

i have definitely heard of James Garner - i think there could be rumours about him going out on loan..

Joe Worrall is quite tall (6'4") - so he could be..

Andrei Girotto already plays CB / defensive midfield for les Canaries..

Spence and Fry both play for Middlesbrother..

Haven't heard anything about Tosin Adarabioyo... or have I?????

7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

They'll have a list, no doubt.

My concern is that, if we're willing to leave it late to get him, it won't leave us much time to negotiate a deal for an alternative if Spurs decide to keep him.

Tzolis' PAOK team-mates squeezed through this evening 2-0, 3-2 on aggregate. He'll be pleased about that. Nelson Oliveira subbed off after 73mins.

We’ve not spent a record fee on a Tzolis for him to sit on the bench. He’s been playing first team football at a decent level and you can see he’s not physically weak. He will be in the first eleven soon and indeed if he tempted to Chuck him in on Saturday as a curve ball 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Does anyone know, and it's a bit of a long shot I appreciate, but who would have scouted him i.e. was this part of Kieran Scott's remit before he left? 

If Tzolis does kick on as well as the Emi find, then Scott's got big boots to fill. 

Apparently SW has known about him since he was 10 or 11 years old.

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I've just noticed that my second team Lecce have announced the signing of Rob Nizet this morning, which has come out of the blue. I guess he just didn't develop as much as we had hoped.

He always looked to be pretty good, so I suppose this just goes to show how high the standards now are at NCFC to make that step up from the academy and U-23s.