Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

That recent article about Tzolis’s confirmation suggests we’re now amping up the signing of a left back. 

In that view what does that mean for Bryam? He’s still injured isn’t he? 

Im assuming that’s it for him now providing we keep hold of Aarons and have Mumba in reserve?

Thoughts? Rumours??

Brandon Williams is there for a loan and Norwich know what Man U want for him - looks like they might be waiting before commiting the last Premier League loan spot on him - the spectre of Skipp looms over any potential domestic loans. 

The new central midfielder Norwich are chasing now Billing seems off the table is the most interesting deal in my view for the rest of the window - once Tzolis is announced later today, there will be no solid rumours or stories for players Norwich are chasing. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Brandon Williams is there for a loan and Norwich know what Man U want for him - looks like they might be waiting before commiting the last Premier League loan spot on him - the spectre of Skipp looms over any potential domestic loans. 

The new central midfielder Norwich are chasing now Billing seems off the table is the most interesting deal in my view for the rest of the window - once Tzolis is announced later today, there will be no solid rumours or stories for players Norwich are chasing. 

Still hoping for one more 'out of nowhere' sudden surprise signing like Rashica

53 minutes ago, chicken said:

Tzolis to the sound of Jolene? 

Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzooliiis,
I'm begging of you please go score again!
Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzolis, Tzooliiss,
Please do take him on just because you can!

I don't think you'll top this one:

18 hours ago, chicken said:

Whoop whoop it's the sound of the Tzolis... 

I'll get my hat... 

I really hope it gets picked up!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

And to be fair, we have signed three players people were unaware of until they were virtually signing in Gunn, PLM and Rashica. Though I did spot a little hint from Bryan Gunn on twitter at the end of the season which was in a response to a fan mentioning junior.

The Armstrong thing was played up. The idiot from the Sun was just stirring it up for attention and/or an agent. I saw one of our fans ask him if we genuinely had tried to sign Armstrong recently - his response "Well the offer is still on the table." So I suspect that Ajer, Billings and Armstrong were all similar in that we made our interest known, put in bids and as soon as it was clear the other clubs had much higher expectation of values we moved on, but left the offers in place in case they decided to take them up.

It also ensures that if other clubs come sniffing, they need to bid higher. Something I pointed out earlier, which is also not a bad idea, especially if competitors come sniffing.

Sargent is the only one that had been linked towards the start of the window that has transpired to be true, but even then, it went very dead.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I guess you never know... just a bit repetitive though isn't it? Most people will just repeat the one line unless someone throws in the 2nd line:

Whooop whoop it's the sound of the Tzolis
Whoop whoop it's a goal for the beast

• Haha 1

Just now, chicken said:

And to be fair, we have signed three players people were unaware of until they were virtually signing in Gunn, PLM and Rashica. Though I did spot a little hint from Bryan Gunn on twitter at the end of the season which was in a response to a fan mentioning junior.

The Armstrong thing was played up. The idiot from the Sun was just stirring it up for attention and/or an agent. I saw one of our fans ask him if we genuinely had tried to sign Armstrong recently - his response "Well the offer is still on the table." So I suspect that Ajer, Billings and Armstrong were all similar in that we made our interest known, put in bids and as soon as it was clear the other clubs had much higher expectation of values we moved on, but left the offers in place in case they decided to take them up.

It also ensures that if other clubs come sniffing, they need to bid higher. Something I pointed out earlier, which is also not a bad idea, especially if competitors come sniffing.

Sargent is the only one that had been linked towards the start of the window that has transpired to be true, but even then, it went very dead.

The 'unknown deal' is easier at the beginning of the window than later in it - although I think the PinkUn did break the Gunn one over a week before it was announced - the announcement was certainly highly expected. PLM and Rashica were deals done quickly and can be a little quieter. It seems like Norwich were in talks with Bremen for Rashica pretty much as soon as the season finished and their relegation was confirmed. We know Norwich are pretty good at their end of keeping a lid on things, but most buying clubs are the same, it is nearly always the selling club/agent that stirs the pot.

The Sargent bid was one that was sitting with Bremen for quite a while apparently, so these things do come alive again when the selling clubs start to get a bit more desperate. 

1 minute ago, chicken said:

I guess you never know... just a bit repetitive though isn't it? Most people will just repeat the one line unless someone throws in the 2nd line:

My mum was a primary school teacher. She spoke in horror of a school trip when someone on the return coach started singing "We all live in a yellow submarine", which the kids repeated over and over again all the way home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

My mum was a primary school teacher. She spoke in horror of a school trip when someone on the return coach started singing "We all live in a yellow submarine", which the kids repeated over and over again all the way home.

Free association song lob...

39 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I agree, no other song for Tzolis will do, it's been nailed at the first attempt. 

• Like 1

So the job is done, enjoy the fella, hopefully he can develop to be your own Greek Freak, as the one in the NBA! 

Fun story, Tzolis, when aged 17 and playing in his first important match, exposed the current Liverpool Left back, Tsimikas, who was making a breakthrough season. There was a great debate between him and Giannou, on which one of those were the best left back. In the National team, Giannou is still considered the starter. 

Edited by karson39

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Could you not swap Tzolis for Giannoulis for the second line?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, karson39 said:

So the job is done, enjoy the fella, hopefully he can develop to be your own Greek Freak, as the one in the NBA! 

Fun story, Tzolis, when aged 17 and playing in his first important match, exposed the current Liverpool Left back, Tsimikas, who was making a breakthrough season. There was a great debate between him and Giannou, on which one of those were the best left back. In the National team, Giannou is still considered the starter. 

Rather interestng music choice

Prefer the music to the normal techno-nonsense that often accompanies these sorts of things. If it’s not a musical instrument it should be banned 😂

Got a nasty streak as well and is willing to dive for fouls. I'm glad we're getting a player like that, every other team has them, we're often far too honest and nicey nice compared to other teams. 

23 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Got a nasty streak as well and is willing to dive for fouls. I'm glad we're getting a player like that, every other team has them, we're often far too honest and nicey nice compared to other teams. 

Do feel we need more of a nastier side to us last time out in the Prem we got bullied off of the park by any stronger and more pshycical teams, which of couse continued into our Championship season. Lees-Melou seems like quite a strong and festy guy too so happy to see more players joining us who are happy to stand up for themselves

20 hours ago, chicken said:

Whoop whoop it's the sound of the Tzolis... 

I'll get my hat... 

I don’t think I’ve heard of this song-and may I say, I am only 57!

48 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

So he is the Emi replacement😁

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

5PM and still no Tzolis announcement

ESpDAfOUUAAShrE.jpg

Your memes remind me of ‘The Real Buh’.. I haven’t seen him in a while. Wonder where he’s gone??

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He always did give me a laugh

DyM7f3TWkAEq6Sd.jpg

Yeah, he was a bit of a twit (changed for the swear filter) but funny despite that. Unlike several posters on here who are just twits.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Im 59 and  I wish id thought of using that song.  Brilliant.

2 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Your memes remind me of ‘The Real Buh’.. I haven’t seen him in a while. Wonder where he’s gone??

perhaps Jools, or may moy might know

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Put “sound of da police” Into youtube

Just had a look on Twitter (something I rarely do) and there seems to be a pic of Skipp tweeted by Spurs, in his new Spurs kit, suggesting he’s stopping there for the season.  IMO that’s really not that much of a biggie as seems to have always been likely, but does suggest we can move on. 

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Early '90's hip-hop. You'll recognise it when you hear it as it's been sampled a gazillion times, usually really, really badly.

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Just had a look on Twitter (something I rarely do) and there seems to be a pic of Skipp tweeted by Spurs, in his new Spurs kit, suggesting he’s stopping there for the season.  IMO that’s really not that much of a biggie as seems to have always been likely, but does suggest we can move on. 

Yes, saw that. Time to press the big PLAN B button.

22 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Yes, saw that. Time to press the big PLAN B button.

I hit the Plan B button and got this... am I doing it right?