Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

13 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Would be a good addition for the right money. Not necessarily a starter every week, but would add some quality in depth. I suspect we're interested, but doubt we'll go north of £5 million. Huddersfield will want nearer £10 million, which we won't pay for a championship player. 

He's also off to Leeds I believe

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think Lewis O’Brien was being heavily linked to Leeds recently, but could certainly do a job for us.

I've said before I'm a big fan of Matt Grimes who is strongly linked with Fulham, especially combined with the Whoscored list of strengths and weaknesses...

Screenshot_20210810-121648_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7df0d2bec2bacaa70edc829aae9bc1a8.jpg

13 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

My guess would be all athletes are as they go all over the world. Such as the EL tie they played last week and this coming week, preseason friendlies, European tournaments.

You'd think so, but Rashica had to isolate... 

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

It appears he may not be. I find it very strange that these professional footballers are not all double vaccinated given they have been jetting around Europe playing games already but then I don’t know the state of play with vaccinations in Greece. Word on the street is he will need to isolate and test after 5 days so not likely to be involved at the weekend. 

It's strange that the Police in the UK were not prioritised for getting the vaccine and yet have to put up with the anti-vax / anti-lockdown protesters spitting at them...

Tzolis is 19, even in the UK, they have only recently offered vaccinations to that age bracket. Europe is behind us on vaccinating. On top of that, as an athlete that will have been closely monitored by his clubs medical team, they are in a far, far, better position in terms of their health and resources etc. 

14 minutes ago, chicken said:

Europe is behind us on vaccinating.

Not any more! We started first but have been overtaken by several countries - but your substantive point is correct - Greece is still well behind on two vaccinations.

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Off topic but I remember looking at flight radar during the first lockdown and Europe looked so bare of aircraft, this looks almost normal again (I’m sure it’s way off the heights) which is good to see.

We are CDM and a CB loan away from a really good window. Of course it all might come crashing down, but I don’t think anyone can say we can’t see what they are trying to do. Encouraged by this, just a shame we’ve got such a nasty start to the season!

I do wonder if we'll see a loan come in from abroad as it wouldn't count towards our loan limit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ said:

15% of 70 is actually 10.5?

It's 15% of any PROFIT - i.e 15% of £46 million if Maddison is sold for £70 million. (assuming Leicester paid us £24 million for him in the first place which is the widely reported figure). 

Apologies: now seen that about 5 people have already made this point.

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

Loans from abroad limited by Brexit rules.  Needs to be international to comply from most leagues. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I've said before I'm a big fan of Matt Grimes who is strongly linked with Fulham, especially combined with the Whoscored list of strengths and weaknesses...

Screenshot_20210810-121648_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7df0d2bec2bacaa70edc829aae9bc1a8.jpg

Not a bad shout, good age. He was virtually ever present so would probably commend a rather high fee though being English as well.

On the note of Fulham, I quite liked Harrison Reed from his time here as well. Having worked in the setup before, he could be a good target and putting 1+1 and getting 7 might be why Fulham are interested in Grimes if we're poking around at options 

Just now, pete said:

Loans from abroad limited by Brexit rules.  Needs to be international to comply from most leagues. 

Yup, but the likes of Fahrman and Dida would have been fine. And it's the same rules as permanent signings so is doable, we've had some very borderline players be ok'd. Tbh, let's face it, are they going to turn down players that will be paying a fair chunk of tax here with big wages? 

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

Not a bad shout, good age. He was virtually ever present so would probably commend a rather high fee though being English as well.

On the note of Fulham, I quite liked Harrison Reed from his time here as well. Having worked in the setup before, he could be a good target and putting 1+1 and getting 7 might be why Fulham are interested in Grimes if we're poking around at options 

Id rather grimes more than billing. Dont really like billing seems a bit too big time whereas grimes seems decent 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

Reports suggested his move to Fulham was 'only' going to cost £5m as he only has one year left on his contract.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

Reports suggested his move to Fulham was 'only' going to cost £5m as he only has one year left on his contract.

I'm surprised we haven't gone for a couple of the championships top performers. I guess it's down to cost, but has worked for us in the past, Snodgrass, Howson, BJ etc.... Grimes and O'Brien fit a similar bill. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I'm surprised we haven't gone for a couple of the championships top performers. I guess it's down to cost, but has worked for us in the past, Snodgrass, Howson, BJ etc.... Grimes and O'Brien fit a similar bill. 

It's a good point, but teams might not be willing to let their best performers go easily. Webber seems much more keen to look for bargains abroad than poach from other clubs here in England and his track record has been fairly decent in his time here. Yes we've had our fair share of flops but the successes have outweighed the likes of Drmic

I think the closer we get to the end of the window the more likely it is whoever we bring in at CDM will be a loan 

Tzolis himself has confirmed he’s coming to Norwich and looking forward to linking up with Giannoulis again 🥳👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Tzolis himself has confirmed he’s coming to Norwich and looking forward to linking up with Giannoulis again 🥳👏

On paper, a fantastic, exciting signing! However, he's only 19! So may struggle to make an immediate impact, which is something we really need having lost Buendia. Having said that.. his record last season is impressive. Hopefully we've got him on a 5 year contract and get to enjoy him when he starts to hit his prime, like Buendia. 

13 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Yessss, what a coup. He's in the sky as we speak flying to London. He left at 1230 uk time.

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

We are CDM and a CB loan away from a really good window. Of course it all might come crashing down, but I don’t think anyone can say we can’t see what they are trying to do. Encouraged by this, just a shame we’ve got such a nasty start to the season!

If we get Skipp on loan, or even Grimes on a permanent as has been mentioned, and someone like Adarabioyo I'm in danger of becoming optimistic.

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Yessss, what a coup. He's in the sky as we speak flying to London. He left at 1230 uk time.

Looks like he's changing at Spain from @Feedthewolf's link. Either that or Barcelona have scuppered the deal at the last minute.

https://www.flightradar24.com/T7AKM/28baca61

My afternoon at work will now be spent staring at this.

Edited by canarydan23

49 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Well to be fair we've already got an awful lot of them in our team from last season. 😉 

• Like 1