Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

37 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It is starting to feel like we’re holding out for Skipp. It could be that once the inevitable happens and they sell Kane then they will be in a position to bring in a few players whilst opting to give Skipp another years loan. 

Think this is why we are holding out, there’s still 3 weeks left. However if we get close to the deadline and it becomes apparent he isn’t available or another side takes him we’ll need a plan B ready.

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Think this is why we are holding out, there’s still 3 weeks left. However if we get close to the deadline and it becomes apparent he isn’t available or another side takes him we’ll need a plan B ready.

We will have a Plan B ready for sure, anyone that thinks different to that will need their heads checking. But I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the CDM has not been signed yet, weeks ago I’d have said ‘no chance’ regarding Skipp but I’m becoming increasingly convinced this is what we’re holding out for. One thing I’ve learnt is Webber doesn’t issue throw away comments. He’s done his best to brief everyone that this one will go to the wire, and he will obviously have an excellent reason for giving us that much. I would pay careful attention to that seemingly throw away line, he knows exactly what he’s saying there. Sure that will mean that those players in question miss Liverpool and Man City but I’m pretty sure Webber will be thinking about the far greater good of the entire season rather than hastily getting someone lesser in for just those 2 games. I trust him totally and that’s why I remain completely cool and confident about the situation. Much prefer our signings to Watford’s, Brentford’s, Burnley’s, Southampton’s etc so far. 

Not really a transfer rumour post but didn't want to start a new thread - does anybody know if Josh martin was injured yesterday? He wasn't even on MK Dons bench.

1 hour ago, Move Klose said:

You're kidding right?

It's not what I want (very much would like a couple of bone crunchers in the squad for that area of the pitch!) but the Pinkun boys did say a while back that Farke may be eyeing up box to box types for CM rather than Skipp / Tettey type DMs.

All talk since from them about transfers hasn't involved a DM focus ... hence the Billing interest.

3 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

It's not what I want (very much would like a couple of bone crunchers in the squad for that area of the pitch!) but the Pinkun boys did say a while back that Farke may be eyeing up box to box types for CM rather than Skipp / Tettey type DMs.

All talk since from them about transfers hasn't involved a DM focus ... hence the Billing interest.

If we don't give that back 4 some protection then we are screwed. If we don't then we are giving ourselves a handicap straight away.

5 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

If we don't give that back 4 some protection then we are screwed. If we don't then we are giving ourselves a handicap straight away.

I agree. Last time in the Prem we were bullied and I very much see that on the horizon again as things stand. Unless you can afford true ballers you can only survive in the top league with a couple of thugs at CB and at DM.

Two ayers starting today who are good shouts. Tosin for Fulham and Fry for Boro. Either of those would give us the CH we need. How about a double whammy on Fulham for Tosin and Reed ? Reed knows the club and if we can't get Skipp would be a good option. Tosin is highly rated. 

51 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Two ayers starting today who are good shouts. Tosin for Fulham and Fry for Boro. Either of those would give us the CH we need. How about a double whammy on Fulham for Tosin and Reed ? Reed knows the club and if we can't get Skipp would be a good option. Tosin is highly rated. 

Supposedly Fulham quoted Leeds £25m for Reed.

4 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Wow!!! Horrific suggestions

Jed Wallace, more goals and assists than Cantwell last season 😉 in a defensively set up team too. 

Openly accept their not glamourous suggestions, but horrific is a tad extreme. 

Nixon still quoting Norwich are in for Armstrong. Can't believe this with Sargent coming. Like others I feel Webber is keeping the last loan spot open for Skipp, and said we have to be patient. Really wish we'd go for a CB to add quality to Gibson/Hanley. Great that Omo is coming on, but feels its a repeat mistake to have raw youth as backups for CB. Hanley or Gibson get injured and we're in deep trouble again. Any sensible options that you think we could go for here? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1424348007718326272

1 hour ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Only just clocked that Arsenal are trying to bring Trippier back to the UK.

Could result in Athletico picking up the phone for Max .......

Trippier price is being quoted around 30 mil. Be surprised if Athletico want to spend all of that and more on his replacement, aren’t they reported as struggling with finances due to Covid?

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Nixon still quoting Norwich are in for Armstrong. Can't believe this with Sargent coming. Like others I feel Webber is keeping the last loan spot open for Skipp, and said we have to be patient. Really wish we'd go for a CB to add quality to Gibson/Hanley. Great that Omo is coming on, but feels its a repeat mistake to have raw youth as backups for CB. Hanley or Gibson get injured and we're in deep trouble again. Any sensible options that you think we could go for here? 

Apparently, Armstrong doesn't fancy the move here. Being brutally honest, we'll lose out on any player another EPL team takes an interest in. That's why I also don't believe we are actually in for him. I think we got lucky with Gilmour, in that I speculate we probably already had an agreement lined up before the euros. 

In terms of CBs, unrealistic, but I liked the idea of Cahill on a short term deal. We desperately need experience -  Scott Dann another released from Palace? Would help with Omo's development and provide much needed cover. Both more reliable than Klose. Shane Duffy another? 

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Depends, club seem to be denying the Idah element but having Armstrong as challenger and heir to Pukki with Sargent third choice striker but able to play elsewhere, it would make sense to loan Idah for the year to me.

I just don’t see us having the money available given the other transfers and competing priorities, but Armstrong would be an amazing signing if we had a chance.

Agreed on Armstrong. He'd really push Pukki and a long term replacement for him. I have my doubts over both Idah and Sargent, and whether we'll get the goals from them this season. Worried that if Pukki doesn't hit the goal trail, we're not much stronger than two seasons ago (with Drmic)

That being said, can't see us having the budget for Armstrong, and other positions are far more priority! 

Surely Armstrong's only an option if Aarons or Todd is off?

Norfolkngood did suggest we'd sell two this summer, so maybe we are still in the mix for him. 

33 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Jed Wallace, more goals and assists than Cantwell last season 😉 in a defensively set up team too. 

Openly accept their not glamourous suggestions, but horrific is a tad extreme. 

Paddy mcnair got more assists than both of those, he spent most of the season at either cb or dm. 

Jed Wallace won't play a game of Premier league football in his career. We probably have better players than him that won't even make the bench for us.

It seems that Nixon is doing his best to push the Armstrong transfer fee up. I am sure that Blackburn will be appreciative of this, particularly as it is probably them who are feeding him the information. Strange that he hasn't been able say how much we've offered and I wonder what Idah thinks about it. 

20 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Agreed on Armstrong. He'd really push Pukki and a long term replacement for him. I have my doubts over both Idah and Sargent, and whether we'll get the goals from them this season. Worried that if Pukki doesn't hit the goal trail, we're not much stronger than two seasons ago (with Drmic)

That being said, can't see us having the budget for Armstrong, and other positions are far more priority! 

I heard a wild rumour from someone this very morning claiming to know someone ITK that Pukki is lined up for a transfer. Seems far-fetched to me but it would explain the contimued interest in Armstrong.

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I heard a wild rumour from someone this very morning claiming to know someone ITK that Pukki is lined up for a transfer. Seems far-fetched to me but it would explain the contimued interest in Armstrong.

Now that would be a massive shock, Horsey, but I guess never say never! There looks like plenty of creativity within that side to give him another great season, and I think Gilmour has already shown he has an eye for a killer through ball alone - will be interesting to finally see them playing together, but I can see a great partnership in the making there. 

According to Wolfie's contracts thread, Pukki is in the same position as Todd; contract expires next June but the club has 1 year option. I'm not saying for one moment we get rid of Teemu but at some point we are going to have to be pragmatic. The difference of course is that Todd wants bigger and better things, whereas I'm sure Teemu is happy to stay.

I would be horrified if Pukki leaves this soon given this is such a pivotal season.

4 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Just cant put any credence into this, the local boys said City had moved on from Armstrong quite awhile ago and since then have spent what must be a majority of the piggy bank unless Todd or Max move on, which is becoming more remote as each day passes.

In anycase if its true that Palace offered 12 plus add ons they must surely know that times running out and Blackburn have not budged an inch of their valuation for Armstrong. If they came back with 15 or 16 plus add ons then im sure Blackburn may well change their stance but im not convinced the City offer is any longer there.

Way i look at is Pukki is still the main man but if Idah, Cantwell, Dowell, Rashica, Lees Melou, Tzollis and Sargent between them cant add enough to our goals tally then we may as well give up.

23 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Way i look at is Pukki is still the main man but if Idah, Cantwell, Dowell, Rashica, Lees Melou, Tzollis and Sargent between them cant add enough to our goals tally then we may as well give up.

That's how I see it too.  Imo, Pukki is such a good front runner and is so good at making space for others as well as himself, that we should see all the above chipping in with goals.  

I'm still thinking that the kind of players we are getting and already have, should see us getting goals from anyone on the pitch and that any one of the midfielders could be the one that gets into scoring positions, allowing Pukki to be more creative. A true flexible front line of attacking players with no one player with the responsibility to be the main scorer and all capable of creating goals for others. 

2 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Paddy mcnair got more assists than both of those, he spent most of the season at either cb or dm. 

Jed Wallace won't play a game of Premier league football in his career. We probably have better players than him that won't even make the bench for us.

Good shout - would be a good signing too 😉

Just watched the 2nd half of Coventry v Forest. Cautious Chris tried defending a one goal for over an hour and paid the price. Keep on eye on Callum O’Hare, reminded me so much of Todd and won the game for Cov.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

According to Wolfie's contracts thread, Pukki is in the same position as Todd; contract expires next June but the club has 1 year option. I'm not saying for one moment we get rid of Teemu but at some point we are going to have to be pragmatic. The difference of course is that Todd wants bigger and better things, whereas I'm sure Teemu is happy to stay.

I would be horrified if Pukki leaves this soon given this is such a pivotal season.

Pukki is 31, doubt anyone is going to offer anything worth cashing in on. We’ve also got him locked in till he’s 33 at which point he’s unlikely to be first choice anyway. Can’t see us cashing in on him unless it’s insane money he’s so integral to our success right now.

7 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

It is starting to feel like we’re holding out for Skipp. It could be that once the inevitable happens and they sell Kane then they will be in a position to bring in a few players whilst opting to give Skipp another years loan. 

Skipp played 84 mins this afternoon in friendly against Arsenal. Seems he is in Nuno’s plans. Could all change if they reinvest the millions they would get for Kane and the domino effect that could trigger in other transfer deals 

I'm not able to look back on this thread much at the moment as I am unable to even get to look at the page very much at the moment due to 'issues' with the forum.

However, did anyone else notice that Worral was not involved in Forest's game today?