Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Probably nothing in it but here's another one for the rumour mill. 

Screenshot_20210805-161747.jpg

The Norwich kebab shops are going to be making a bloody fortune  🙂

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Probably nothing in it but here's another one for the rumour mill. 

Screenshot_20210805-161747.jpg

Job lot of Greeks in perhaps.

Thessaloniki to Thetford.

Athens to Attleborough. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Not sure there now Stiepermann's cleared off. His celebrating the title win two years ago with a kebab was definitely gloriously off-beat.

• Like 1

So Tzolis is on his way, medical tomorrow is the word

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

poor lad was in Ireland yesterday... hopefully he didn't have to go all the way home before his medical

11 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

All the Greeks so many Greeks and they all go hand in hand etc etc 

Greek is the word 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

All the Greeks so many Greeks and they all go hand in hand etc etc 

Beat me to it!

34 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Most of the kebab shops and restaurants I've been to are run by Turks, not Greeks. Might be different in The Fine City though.

47 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

The signings we've been making it looks.more and more as though it will be 4321 transitioning to a 4231 though, with gilmour, McLean, PLM, rupp and (to a lesser extent) Sorenson all seemingly able to play the front and back role (and billing if he comes). I would like to see us sign a strong sitting midfielder now just to round off the group, unless that's going to be Sorenson. 

I think the strong sitting one is still to come and I would expect that 1 to partner PLM with Gilmour, Rashica and Tzolis behind Pukki, that's assuming Cantwell is off.

That still leaves McLean, Rupp, Dowell and Sorensen (plus one of the above if Cantwell hangs around.

Or we could go with the 1 & 9 anywhere formation that some on here think that teams play 😉🎣

8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Greek is the word 

He’s got time, he’s got space, he’s got motion, and Greek is the way we are feeling 🎵

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Surely one of Placheta or Hernandez are off now? I'd keep Onel as he's a great egg and has something left to prove, but loan Placheta to the Champs.

I don't think that depth would do us any damage and both could provide cover as wing backs if we went 3-4-3? As you say, Placheta could be a good idea to help his development.

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:
53 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

The signings we've been making it looks.more and more as though it will be 4321 transitioning to a 4231 though, with gilmour, McLean, PLM, rupp and (to a lesser extent) Sorenson all seemingly able to play the front and back role (and billing if he comes). I would like to see us sign a strong sitting midfielder now just to round off the group, unless that's going to be Sorenson. 

I think the strong sitting one is still to come and I would expect that 1 to partner PLM with Gilmour, Rashica and Tzolis behind Pukki, that's assuming Cantwell is off.

That still leaves McLean, Rupp, Dowell and Sorensen (plus one of the above if Cantwell hangs around.

Or we could go with the 1 & 9 anywhere formation that some on here think that teams play 😉

With the risk of waking up Bill, I think that our formations in a game transition through several shapes, including 4231,4321,442,352, etc etc - we are that fluid and good at adapting and switching it to suit whatever is happening at any particular moment. It is our organisation and discipline that means we do so well - and with the upgrades we are getting - yes upgrades - that will only get better this season. 

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

He’s got time, he’s got space, he’s got motion, and Greek is the way we are feeling 🎵

If we do sign this lad, this somehow needs to be turned into a Tzolis and Dimi chant!

🎵 Go Dimi Giannoulis, he's burning up the left-hand side

Greek Lightning, Go Greek Lightning! 🎶

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

With the risk of waking up Bill, I think that our formations in a game transition through several shapes, including 4231,4321,442,352, etc etc - we are that fluid and good at adapting and switching it to suit whatever is happening at any particular moment. It is our organisation and discipline that means we do so well - and with the upgrades we are getting - yes upgrades - that will only get better this season. 

Good to see you're now on board LDC that there are formations.

The thing I like about the way in which Webber and Farke go about their recruitment is that they are always looking for players with flexibility in our forward thinking players and how they all understand the basic formation but it doesn't stop them from being able to move around the pitch.

As a defensive unit movement is a nightmare to deal with and when they interchange it makes setting up in an opposition formation so much harder as the opposing team doesn't know if we are set as a 442, 451, 424 or 541.

This is why players like Cantwell, Dowell, Gilmour, Rashica and Tzolis will flourish because we have others like McLean, Rupp and PLM that will support that movement with shape management.

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

he'll most likely have to go into some small isolation group when he gets here

.....a sort of 'bubble and squeak'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ said:

If we do sign this lad, this somehow needs to be turned into a Tzolis and Dimi chant!

Think if you drop Dimi that works better.

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

I don't think that depth would do us any damage and both could provide cover as wing backs if we went 3-4-3? As you say, Placheta could be a good idea to help his development.

I think this signing would very much be an insurance policy against Cantwell leaving if Villa do inevitably come calling, although I'm sure the club will try and get him to stay. Tzolis can also play CAM so would be cover for Dowell as well.

Placheta could be a good option to loan although I feel his pace used in the right games could still be something worth having on the bench towards the end of games

42 minutes ago, AJ said:

He'll have his medical in Greece, like Rashica had his in Germany and Lees-Melou had his in France. Due to Covid restrictions he'd have to be in isolation for 5 days on arrival and wouldn't be able to have his medical until after then. 

Included  are couple of factor ins yes and may or not include  add ons but fag packet time..Gunn / Lees Melou 10 mill..Dimi / Gibbo 15 mill, Rashica 10 mill, Tzolis 10 mill...thats around 45 mill spent on permanents so far in the window and maybe  couple more permanents  to come..we are definitely spending money  for sure.

33 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Most of the kebab shops and restaurants I've been to are run by Turks, not Greeks. Might be different in The Fine City though.

Kebabs are Turkish, the Greeks eat Souvlaki 

"they all understand the basic formation but it doesn't stop them from being able to move around the pitch. "

i have never watched a game where players don't 'move around the pitch

if the numbers nonsense has any validity then players would be staying in that set up for most of the time - otherwise it is as I have stated

players move around the pitch, determined by where the ball is and where the opposition isare *

this counts whoever has what might be understood as possession

* watch the second goal (a longer build up) and explain where the supposed 'formation' is at any point, for either side - and then ask yourself why the players are where they are and what is causing them to move, a requirement to keep to a formation, or as I have explained above

22 minutes ago, AJ said:

If you can get that off the ground it would be amazing (though agree about dropping dimi from it for flow)

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

uttr  nonsense

you really ddelude yourself that during a fast moving game players are constantly try to align themselves to some absurd formation, based of fixed positions

even astrology is not as lunatic as that

watch from 2.14

and explain why Cantwell is wide on the right - and whether that was due to the way the game was going, or some desperate attempt to conform to some ever changing 'formation'

and how the hell do all 10 outfield players know when to swap and which one it is

shouldn't there be some sort of drill sergeant, or dance caller at the side of the pitch to keep them informed which formation they should all be in  🤣

City players in training

10 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Are we looking a bit ‘left sided’ or is it me?

We have a lot of left footers in our team anyway