Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

27 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

To be fair, I believe Paddy is the 'boss' of the NCFC reporting team, and I don't think he's a Norwich fan. Villa, perhaps?

Coventry City. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Just now, Jim Smith said:

What I mean is you need to keep Webber and Delia sweet, the former in particular. If you do then he will tip you the nod on stuff. If you don’t then they really don’t like it. 

The club - it's the relationship. As the nationals don't have it, they don't have anything to lose. They can say what they like. And like with Klopp, the club can refuse to answer questions from their journo's if they like but the journo's can still sit in the room and write down/record answers from other journo's.

It's pretty obvious and straight forward. 

For us fans it can take a little time to get the correct answer because the Archant folks will try and get an actual answer from the club rather than print first and maybe, just maybe think about it later... which you can rest assured the Sun isn't. 

1 minute ago, chicken said:

And Arsenal are still kicking themselves for wasting a ton of money on the absolute flop of a player in Robin Van Persie. Absolutely shocking player... why did they spank that money on him?!! 

Jaap Stam was a complete disaster for Man Utd too. The Dutch league is utter rubbish. 

I'm not saying its a bad league, it is one I definitely enjoy watching, but goals are cheap in Holland - Ajax scored over 100 last season in an 18 team league. There have been plenty of flops as well - Luuk De Jong, Vincent Janssen, Jahanbakhsh were all top scores in Holland before moving to England and doing little. 

The difference with Suarez and Van Persie is they have been doing it for a couple of years and their technical quality shone out. Suarez had almost a goal a game record for 4 seasons in a row.\

Giakoumakis has had one good season in his career, and a third of those goals were penalties, even VVV Venlo who signed him said they had only expected him to score a few goals. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Coventry City. 

I don't think Connor is a Norwich fan either is he? I seem to remember them joking about their teams on a live stream at one point. I could be incredibly wrong though.

Just now, chicken said:

I don't think Connor is a Norwich fan either is he? I seem to remember them joking about their teams on a live stream at one point. I could be incredibly wrong though.

Well big Dave is definitely. 

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I'm not saying its a bad league, it is one I definitely enjoy watching, but goals are cheap in Holland - Ajax scored over 100 last season in an 18 team league. There have been plenty of flops as well - Luuk De Jong, Vincent Janssen, Jahanbakhsh were all top scores in Holland before moving to England and doing little. 

The difference with Suarez and Van Persie is they have been doing it for a couple of years and their technical quality shone out. Suarez had almost a goal a game record for 4 seasons in a row.\

Giakoumakis has had one good season in his career, and a third of those goals were penalties, even VVV Venlo who signed him said they had only expected him to score a few goals. 

It's all about whether his numbers come out good. He's scored a decent number of goals, pens included, for a relatively poor Dutch side.

If you take pens out of the equation, Ivan Toney's goal tally is considerably less. If anyone swoops for him, I doubt they'll mind that.

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

What I mean is you need to keep Webber and Delia sweet, the former in particular. If you do then he will tip you the nod on stuff. If you don’t then they really don’t like it. 

Yep! That doesn't happen at any other club in English football. 

Just now, chicken said:

Connor is I think and to be fair to him he’s probably bern the most critical of things at times of any of the local journos. I’m not having a go at the Archant boys, I think they do a good job. all I’m saying (as are you I think) is that they have needed to build and they need to retain a relationship with individuals at the club to get meaningful info they do do are treading a fine line at times as that info can be withdrawn. As I recall there was a spell (possibly under McNally) where Archant got nothing at all so from a fan perspective it’s definitely better at least knowing that what Archant say is likely to be reliable.

On 05/08/2021 at 08:52, chicken said:

image.png.0f0bc2c12750a0d38b876c9e74574434.png

Connor Southwell is a lifelong Norwich City fan. Picture: Jamie Honeywood - Credit: Archant

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Connor is I think and to be fair to him he’s probably bern the most critical of things at times of any of the local journos. I’m not having a go at the Archant boys, I think they do a good job. all I’m saying (as are you I think) is that they have needed to build and they need to retain a relationship with individuals at the club to get meaningful info they do do are treading a fine line at times as that info can be withdrawn. As I recall there was a spell (possibly under McNally) where Archant got nothing at all so from a fan perspective it’s definitely better at least knowing that what Archant say is likely to be reliable.

It is a two way relationship - Norwich need Archant as they are the biggest press outlet for Norwich City and Norwich want to get their messages out to fans. I'm sure Norwich have been letting Archant know which rumours are false, to try and keep a lid on fan's expectations. They don't want false rumours gathering momentum as when it inevitably doesn't come off (as it was never happening) fans don't get annoyed or start saying the club has missed out on transfers etc.

Archant also definitely need Norwich - without access they are pretty screwed. Bailey has said he was banned from press conferences for a while as he wrote something Lambert and McNally didn't like. They will hold Norwich to account though - just this summer the PinkUn was pretty strong on the whole BK8 thing is voicing fans' unhappiness with the deal. If the PinkUn had been more supportive the club might have felt they could get away with not cancelling the deal.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It is a two way relationship - Norwich need Archant as they are the biggest press outlet for Norwich City and Norwich want to get their messages out to fans. I'm sure Norwich have been letting Archant know which rumours are false, to try and keep a lid on fan's expectations. They don't want false rumours gathering momentum as when it inevitably doesn't come off (as it was never happening) fans don't get annoyed or start saying the club has missed out on transfers etc.

Archant also definitely need Norwich - without access they are pretty screwed. Bailey has said he was banned from press conferences for a while as he wrote something Lambert and McNally didn't like. They will hold Norwich to account though - just this summer the PinkUn was pretty strong on the whole BK8 thing is voicing fans' unhappiness with the deal. If the PinkUn had been more supportive the club might have felt they could get away with not cancelling the deal.

That's a really good shout - I'd say the BK8 case shows that the balance between support and criticism, along with openness seems to be about right.

17 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Cheers Pete, didn’t believe that one from the start so am not personally surprised in the slightest. 

Yup, real whiff of 💩 about it. 

Shame about Armstrong as I really like him as a player and think he'd suit Norwich really well.

Is worth noting that Nixon got Jordan Rhodes right when the PinkUn said it wasn't going to happen, he also got the fee and wages spot on, and he also got Ben Gibson spot on before the PinkUn knew anything about it.

Nixon is one of the best for reporting moves in England and has a strong track record. Not saying he is right on this occasion, but I'm not going to be so quick to dismiss it as complete fallacy. Although I suspect Armstrong will end up at Southampton in the end.

Can we get back on track and get Tzolis, Harit, Skipp, in the building and forget about Armstrong.

Danjuma/Pereira would just about top it off and complete a good window.😁

5 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Can we get back on track and get Tzolis, Harit, Skipp, in the building and forget about Armstrong.

You can dream. I think we may be lucky with one of those being Tzolis.

I think we were all doubtful but a bit of excitement was also welcome - the season starts in just over a week, we appear to think we need anything up to 5 new signings, but the last transfer in was I believe PLM on 13 July….that feels quite a long time ago.

Clearly things are going on behind the scenes, and there’s a fair way to go in the window, but some good news regarding signings would still be welcome, other than the ‘wide of the mark’ ones!. 

31 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Pereira is off to Saudi Arabia to earn £150k a week. The rest would be nice though!

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

His record is far from excellent. Think he’s only scored more than 10 goals in a season twice in his career. Once back in 2017 and last season.

He is no where near good enough for the Prem, if Norwich did have any interest in him (which I would be surprised about) it would have been for the Championship. 

Alan Nixon is about as reliable as you can get for English transfers. If he has gone this big with the story then there is definitely some truth to it. There may be errors in the details, but the story is likely to be based on truth. 

Norwich have been good at shutting down rumours that aren’t true almost instantly, if there is nothing in this I’d have expected them to have told the PinkUn already - or will do so early this morning. 

And as if by magic, Southwell has slaughtered it. Anyone who is anyone knows that we were used to bump his price up following the Ings sale. It is absolutely obvious.

As for Nixon, I would expect no less. Renowned for his petulance and 'throw enough sh1t at the wall' approach. 

Like you say, it's been shot down.

You were quick to shoot me down.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

To be fair, I believe Paddy is the 'boss' of the NCFC reporting team, and I don't think he's a Norwich fan. Villa, perhaps?

Yes, Paddy is a Coventry fan, I know and knew that. Had enough spats with him over his feeding the negative agenda whenever we start losing. Webber always says ignore the noise. Paddy and TNC are both culpable when it comes to propagating that noise. It isn't that I am saying Webber is above criticism but I have seen many an anti project line from the TNC boys and Paddy when the chips are down.

That's by the by. What is important is this offer for Armstrong was b0llox, just like I said.

Would be nice to hear about a player coming in now. Tsolis and a.n.other. Didn't believe the Armstrong rumour when I read it last night, but the more I read on here about made me think. Do we have a young forward at the moment who is looking like he could break through and maybe progress quicker than Idah (if Idah was part exxed somewhere) and replace Idah as 3rd choice? 

54 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Crikey, how many sorta-wingers do we need? If we get Tzolis then we sure as heck wouldn't need Danjuma considering Rashica's already come along.

Pereira's definitely got ability and a mean set-piece, but IMO Tzolis, Skipp and a defender would be an excellent window. That said, if Skipp comes in, it would probably hinder Sørensen's chances of regular match time, and he's definitely earned a go. I thought he was the fall guy of Skipp playing so well, so tbh I'd be happy with Tzolis and a defender.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:
image.png.0f0bc2c12750a0d38b876c9e74574434.png

Connor Southwell is a lifelong Norwich City fan. Picture: Jamie Honeywood - Credit: Archant

image.jpeg.3748ceaf639060290a408ed1b2225b04.jpeg

Indeed.  He was doing an on-line NCFC blog similar to TNC, applied for the role caused by Bailey's departure, and reported he was as surprised as anyone when he got it!  

32 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

Yes, Paddy is a Coventry fan, I know and knew that. Had enough spats with him over his feeding the negative agenda whenever we start losing. Webber always says ignore the noise. Paddy and TNC are both culpable when it comes to propagating that noise. It isn't that I am saying Webber is above criticism but I have seen many an anti project line from the TNC boys and Paddy when the chips are down.

That's by the by. What is important is this offer for Armstrong was b0llox, just like I said.

I think you’re being unnecessarily harsh on Paddy there. I think his coverage is more than fair and is only negative when it’s right to be negative (for example, the Project Restart period where we were completely and utterly hopeless). It’s easy to paint someone as being “anti-project” and “negative”, but in reality they’re actually just non-biased towards the club and seeing things without yellow and green tinted glasses on, which I would argue some of the other correspondents let get in the way of accurate and fair reporting (a certain Mr. Bailey is often guilty of this). 

The TNC boys I do struggle with at times, and whilst I appreciate their enthusiasm and what they’ve done for the younger side of our fanbase, they can be quite reactionary and perhaps naive with some of the things they come out with.

Edited by Hoolahoop14

Tzolis almost done 

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-christos-tzolis-move-close-8212354

• Like 1

Paddy given Tzolis the #nocircus treatment

Promising, and looking forward to seeing him in action

Edited by WSM

7 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Yep, I was going to copy that in but suspected someone would beat me to it. Looking likely, especially with Agent Giannoulis probably whispering sweet nothings in his ear. Wouldn't need as much time to get integrated either - he's already clued up on how his compatriot plays.

On 30/07/2021 at 09:12, PurpleCanary said:

As an overall figure, yes, I suspect probably so. But PAOK might be holding out for more than €8m as a basic fee (I would) or if not then firming up the likelihood/certainty of the €3m in add-ons.

The Southwell story is talking about a €12m package rather than the €11m mentioned before.