Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

39 minutes ago, WSM said:

Think we’ve all been taken for a ride to bump the price up and secure maximum price for him ...

don’t think we’d be interested in him at £20m either 

6DF4BC18-FB6C-43CD-8040-8BD28F09F3D2.jpeg

Ha ha no WSM, that’s just it buddy - we weren’t taken for a ride, I think most of us called complete bullshoite on this immediately, the Idah thing didn’t match up, especially given we risked our asset against Gillingham last night - that was blatant Blackburn/agent doing their bit to panic Southampton, and it looks like it will work depending on which journalist you want to believe.

I do not believe for a minute that we can’t find a better striker abroad for far less than £25mil. And KEEP Idah 👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chicken said:

The Greek striker we were linked with earlier in the summer has some very good stats and is supposedly available for less than £10m. I'd take a punt on him. Meant to be mobile and tall. 

Giorgos Giakoumakis

1 minute ago, tricky974 said:

Giorgos Giakoumakis

His record is excellent and is used to playing for a team fighting for their life

23 minutes ago, WD40 said:

His record is excellent and is used to playing for a team fighting for their life

Three Greeks in Norfolk could be the title of a very good film. 

There is now an article in the Sun by Alan Nixon, saying we’ve offered £15 million  plus Idah who we apparently value at £5m million 

I'm disappointed in Talk Norwich City for regurgitating this story. Surely most Norwich fans know how unlikely this is to be true?

10 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

I'm disappointed in Talk Norwich City for regurgitating this story. Surely most Norwich fans know how unlikely this is to be true?

I'm not entirely sure why you've picked on TNC when it's currently Archant's leading story and in the Sun too. 

Can’t see Southampton paying £25m for him so would have to be cash plus squad player deal.

so we are rumoured to be £15m + Idah , well this will all become apparent one way or the other in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Southampton do have a keen interest in Edouard at Celtic so maybe they may pursue him in advance of Armstrong ? 

5 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I'm not entirely sure why you've picked on TNC when it's currently Archant's leading story and in the Sun too. 

They're supposed to be Norwich fans, not journalists, peddling sh1t. It doesn't surprise me of news outlets. It does of Norwich fans. Just because Archant's journos are Norwich fans doesn't mean they don't feed the lines they're given. I expect better, and less sensationalist parroting, from the 'fans of the season'.

7 hours ago, WD40 said:

His record is far from excellent. Think he’s only scored more than 10 goals in a season twice in his career. Once back in 2017 and last season.

He is no where near good enough for the Prem, if Norwich did have any interest in him (which I would be surprised about) it would have been for the Championship. 

6 hours ago, FatCanary said:

Alan Nixon is about as reliable as you can get for English transfers. If he has gone this big with the story then there is definitely some truth to it. There may be errors in the details, but the story is likely to be based on truth. 

Norwich have been good at shutting down rumours that aren’t true almost instantly, if there is nothing in this I’d have expected them to have told the PinkUn already - or will do so early this morning. 

52 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

His record is far from excellent.

26 goals in 30 games in Eredevise. Ok pal!

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

26 goals in 30 games in Eredevise. Ok pal!

The Eredivise! One goal there equals about 20% of a goal elsewhere! 8 of those goals were penalties as well. 

He scored 5 goals combined in the previous 3 seasons, in such luminary leagues like the Greek Super League and the Polish League. 

1 hour ago, FatCanary said:

They're supposed to be Norwich fans, not journalists, peddling sh1t. It doesn't surprise me of news outlets. It does of Norwich fans. Just because Archant's journos are Norwich fans doesn't mean they don't feed the lines they're given. I expect better, and less sensationalist parroting, from the 'fans of the season'.

To be fair, I believe Paddy is the 'boss' of the NCFC reporting team, and I don't think he's a Norwich fan. Villa, perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

To be fair, I believe Paddy is the 'boss' of the NCFC reporting team, and I don't think he's a Norwich fan. Villa, perhaps?

Cov. But yes Archant are definitely fed stuff by the club these days, probably in return for not rocking the boat too much. 

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think Paddy’s a Coventry fan isn’t he?

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Cov. But yes Archant are definitely fed stuff by the club these days, probably in return for not rocking the boat too much. 

Just now, Alex Moss said:

I think Paddy’s a Coventry fan isn’t he?

Thanks gents, I was in the right neck of the woods at least 🙂

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Yeah probably, Jim. Unbelievable 😂

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

His record is far from excellent. Think he’s only scored more than 10 goals in a season twice in his career. Once back in 2017 and last season.

He is no where near good enough for the Prem, if Norwich did have any interest in him (which I would be surprised about) it would have been for the Championship. 

Alan Nixon is about as reliable as you can get for English transfers. If he has gone this big with the story then there is definitely some truth to it. There may be errors in the details, but the story is likely to be based on truth. 

Norwich have been good at shutting down rumours that aren’t true almost instantly, if there is nothing in this I’d have expected them to have told the PinkUn already - or will do so early this morning. 

I think you have to be a bit cautious about making such statements. Journalists can be duped, equally they can run with a story without the details/facts or even knowledge that it is accurate, or whether it is in fact 'new'.

As for the Greek striker, Norwich are confirmed to have looked at him, Southampton and Brighton as well. According to reports there is other interest in him on the continent as well. He's relatively inexpensive and he's available. A gamble - yes.

Put it into perspective  though. Armstrong is two years younger and only hit double figures on three occaisions, once in League One 5-6 years ago and then the last two seasons back to back. 20, 17 and 28. When we signed Hooper and RVW, both had better records than Armstrong.

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I check on Nixon on Twitter from time to time and have to say hi success rate seems to be pretty high with his stories.

13 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The Eredivise! One goal there equals about 20% of a goal elsewhere! 8 of those goals were penalties as well. 

I’m sure Liverpool are pleased they didn’t let that influence their thinking when they bought Luis Suarez. 

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It's more to do with working relationship.

Someone once told me that usually the local papers have a bit of a closer relationship as they are in more frequent contact with the club and it's press officers and the squad etc. The nationals might sniff around every so often if they can get bits and pieces from sources like agents, otherwise their main contact and communication comes through pre game press conferences and post match interviews etc or 'pieces' they are looking to write.

So "rocking the boat" is somewhat true, but only because they are in the business of more frequent contact and communication. They may not have the agent links that the likes of national rags have. But then ask yourself why agents would like to feed information to national rags?

Then you get into the realms of the rumours when three or four clubs are linked, often one or two pushing top six, another couple that are more realistic, and then the outcome is a new contract or whatever.

Generally, the rags don't care. It's news, they can say it comes from a "reliable source" and it helps to sell paper. No one is going to kick off at the inaccuracies of a "transfer rumour" so it's never going to land them in hot water with the press complaints commission. And in all honesty, I don't and won't ever trust the Sun. It has proven time and time again it has absolutely no integrity or moral standing, it will happily print lies and cross the line to get a story that 'sells'.

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I’m sure Liverpool are pleased they didn’t let that influence their thinking when they bought Luis Suarez. 

And Arsenal are still kicking themselves for wasting a ton of money on the absolute flop of a player in Robin Van Persie. Absolutely shocking player... why did they spank that money on him?!! 

Jaap Stam was a complete disaster for Man Utd too. The Dutch league is utter rubbish. 

• Haha 1

Not entirely surprising imo - the amount of money rumoured is unlikely the sort we'll spend on one player. The Idah exchange as well made it seem even stranger.

I suspect the press were leaked something from Southampton/An Agent to bump prices/wages up.

9 minutes ago, chicken said:

It's more to do with working relationship.

Someone once told me that usually the local papers have a bit of a closer relationship as they are in more frequent contact with the club and it's press officers and the squad etc. The nationals might sniff around every so often if they can get bits and pieces from sources like agents, otherwise their main contact and communication comes through pre game press conferences and post match interviews etc or 'pieces' they are looking to write.

So "rocking the boat" is somewhat true, but only because they are in the business of more frequent contact and communication. They may not have the agent links that the likes of national rags have. But then ask yourself why agents would like to feed information to national rags?

Then you get into the realms of the rumours when three or four clubs are linked, often one or two pushing top six, another couple that are more realistic, and then the outcome is a new contract or whatever.

Generally, the rags don't care. It's news, they can say it comes from a "reliable source" and it helps to sell paper. No one is going to kick off at the inaccuracies of a "transfer rumour" so it's never going to land them in hot water with the press complaints commission. And in all honesty, I don't and won't ever trust the Sun. It has proven time and time again it has absolutely no integrity or moral standing, it will happily print lies and cross the line to get a story that 'sells'.

What I mean is you need to keep Webber and Delia sweet, the former in particular. If you do then he will tip you the nod on stuff. If you don’t then they really don’t like it. 

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

And there ‘wide of the mark’ is again. Do they know they do it in every one of these kind of articles?

86D12B95-64F3-4F20-9219-D7DBFF5F6EC1.jpeg

Exactly as I deduced then.

Earlier in the window when they may have considered loaning out or, perhaps, selling Idah. Since then they have come out with the stance that Idah is ready to step it up a gear again this season and is an important part of the squad.

Old news regurgitated and the Sun being yet again, incorrect.

Can I claim to be ITK yet as I seem to be calling these better than the nationals...