Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

That feels off to me- no doubt Pukki is great but he'll be 32 by the end of this season. Selling Idah because have Armstrong would sound hugely short sighted. A loan fine but permanent would be crazy

In all honesty I'm not sure I believe this story at all. We started the summer with talk of us not needing a striker because the management rated him so highly, he's playing and scoring consistently in pre season, the idea we've suddenly flipped to being willing to let him go permanently doesn't sound likely.

Norwich's interest in Armstrong has been mentioned for a while, and it seemed the club came back around to a striker after downgrading the need for a centreback. It seems the deal isn't reliant on Idah going, but Norwich would consider it if Blackburn wanted him. The bit that says Norwich would want a 'huge fee' for Idah makes it seem unlikely to me as Blackburn very much need cash.

8 minutes ago, WSM said:

Do you think we’d push the button on both Tzolis and Armstrong? Probably 23m on two players, not forgetting the 8-9 ish on Rashica

I guess we could need another cam as well, unless Armstrong can play there (Beth?)

Armstrong has played on the wings before, not his best position, but something he can do.

I don’t know if the Armstrong offer is legit or not but I have said on here a few times that I think he would be a great signing as he is a similar player to Teemu and also Blackburn’s attacking play has been similar to ours so he would fit right in without much bother.

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I don’t know if the Armstrong offer is legit or not but I have said on here a few times that I think he would be a great signing as he is a similar player to Teemu and also Blackburn’s attacking play has been similar to ours so he would fit right in without much bother.

Yup, he is a natural heir to Pukki, very similar play style and a good finisher (although not quite Pukki levels yet).

Think Southampton will still be in for Armstrong, more so now that Ings has moved on 

would imagine now Southampton having to decide who to replace ings, we have decided to get near the valuation before they pin down their target?

21 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I guess if they have Armstrong they feel it would mean that Idah wouldn't have a pathway. If they want 'a big fee' for Idah it seems like it might not be Norwich's preferred option but something they are offering if it gets Blackburn to agree.

You advised us not to take much notice of these ITK accounts. 

And I believe you because you're ITK. 

Very happy to have Armstrong and with the potential Todd money we can pay their fee. No need to trade in Idah, he'll be worth much more in a couple of years time.

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It seems the deal isn't reliant on Idah going, but Norwich would consider it if Blackburn wanted him. The bit that says Norwich would want a 'huge fee' for Idah makes it seem unlikely to me as Blackburn very much need cash

I hope you're right BYG. I would love seeing Armstrong play for us. He is quick, mobile.

Yet, I would be very upset seeing Adam leave. I've just had the sense that DF really believes in him and there are signs this trust is starting to pay dividends. He has looked very sharp pre season and even in his late cameos at the end of last season. He is a strong powerful lad and I feel he is going to have a big future. So, I hope we hold out to keep Adam (as a joint striker with Teemu plus one).

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Yup, he is a natural heir to Pukki, very similar play style and a good finisher (although not quite Pukki levels yet).

Although he is scoring more than Pukki did at the same age so he could still improve 🤞

Saw a week ago Villa were linked with Tammy Abraham, im guessing he is now an option for Southampton?  Which could leave Armstrong still available... If Todd is off I would try go after Danjuma even for 20 - 25m you would make money on the lad in time if needed 

17 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Alan Nixon is the Sun's football editor. He sits on twitter and offers transfer info that don't make it into the paper. Or do after the paper has printed it.

Has a decent track record, but like everything the Sun publishes, you have to remember they do so to sell papers, not to be accurate.

He's normally good with his posts and more often than not he hints at stuff before it makes the papers.

His success rate is quite high although not always right.

2 minutes ago, Pegz said:

Saw a week ago Villa were linked with Tammy Abraham, im guessing he is now an option for Southampton?  Which could leave Armstrong still available... If Todd is off I would try go after Danjuma even for 20 - 25m you would make money on the lad in time if needed 

I've seen Tammy linked for Champions League sides abroad. I think he probably has bigger fish to fry.

Which is also what I'd say about our hopes of signing Danjuma. He'll have bigger clubs in for him in the next 5 weeks than us. 

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Very happy to have Armstrong and with the potential Todd money we can pay their fee. No need to trade in Idah, he'll be worth much more in a couple of years time.

I think it'd be ideal to maybe snip £1-2m off the fee to give Blackburn Idah for a year on loan. That way they'd still get the cash they need, we'd get a high-quality proven goalscorer, and Idah will finally get a year of regular first-team football at Championship level to develop and hopefully hit some form. Then we keep Hugill for this season as third choice for when we need a big lump in the last 20 minutes, bin him off at the end of next season and have Pukki, Armstrong and Idah as our three strikers. Bingo!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Reading it again, it is clear he means Idah could go on a permanent, if Blackburn were so minded, but would be a large fee for Idah. Deal isn't reliant on Idah going it seems.

Could mean a large loan fee? 🤞🤞🤞

I just don't see how part exing Idah fits with our model. It has to be a loan surely? 

1 minute ago, Tommo said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-southampton-closing-in-on-deal-for-blackburn-man-as-danny-ings-replacement/

looking like a 2 horse race just hope we have been doing a lot more in the background to have the edge on Southampton 

The Armstrong for Norwich story dropping the moment Southampton have just sold their striker for a large sum of money is not a coincidence. 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I just don't see how part exing Idah fits with our model. It has to be a loan surely? 

Depends how 'large' the fee is, but bringing in Idah for basically nothing and then selling him on at a large profit is exactly the model. Don't have to develop every youth player to 23/24/25 if they get big money early.

If Idah is off, then there is likely something else in the works too. We know that for most of the summer the club's stance on Hugill is that if someone comes in for him with the right package they wouldn't stand in the way - almost inviting offers. If Idah goes as well...

Is it possible we are still looking at the Greek striker playing in Holland? Rumours were he was available for around £8-9m and his stats looked really good.

I think it's been said that we'd only get around £15m of the Buendia money to spend this summer. We also supposedly had £20m-ish from the outset. We've spent £5m - Gunn, £3.5m PLM, £8.5m Rashica. So in theory that leaves us currently with around £18m in theory, going conservatively. Some have suggested as much as £30m from the off but I'm not sure about that.

We are looking for 4-5 players. CB, CDM, FB(left), STR, W.

Don't Blackburn value Armstrong at £25m? Even if Idah is valued at £6-7m that still eats up the majority of what we have left on one player. So if this is true, then you would have to say that there is someone else going as well.

Part of me thinks it's not true though - something about it doesn't feel quite right at this moment.

Plus it's the Sun. Evil un-apologetic 💩rag of a paper.

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I've seen Tammy linked for Champions League sides abroad. I think he probably has bigger fish to fry.

Which is also what I'd say about our hopes of signing Danjuma. He'll have bigger clubs in for him in the next 5 weeks than us. 

Have to agree with you, just my preference if it was an option

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The Armstrong for Norwich story dropping the moment Southampton have just sold their striker for a large sum of money is not a coincidence. 

This all sounds to me like someone from Blackburn putting out our alleged imminent intentions just to ramp up the price now they know Southampton will be desperate to get their number 1 striker target. 

I’m even more suspicious because of the Idah information which doesn’t sit right with me. 

Just now, Alex Moss said:

This all sounds to me like someone from Blackburn putting out our alleged imminent intentions just to ramp up the price now they know Southampton will be desperate to get their number 1 striker target. 

I’m even more suspicious because of the Idah information which doesn’t sit right with me. 

If Blackburn were making it up, I'm not sure why they went to the odd detail of including Idah. I suspect the Norwich interest is real, there have been talks (or even an offer) and now an agent is trying to draw some other clubs in or get Southampton to make an acceptable offer.

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Depends how 'large' the fee is, but bringing in Idah for basically nothing and then selling him on at a large profit is exactly the model. Don't have to develop every youth player to 23/24/25 if they get big money early.

Yes I get that that's how our model works and that we also flip players. I didn't think Idah was in this category and if he's being used as a makeweight for Armstrong we're not getting big money for him. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Yes I get that that's how our model works and that we also flip players. I didn't think Idah was in this category and if he's being used as a makeweight for Armstrong we're not getting big money for him. 

I'm hoping that within the next 12 hours the Pinkun journalists tell us what they seem good at, getting their feeds from an official club source on who we are not signing. EXCEPT... in this instance, that Adam Idah is not for sale.

How about Harvey Elliot on loan to link up with Armstrong!? I'm a big fan of Elliot, surprised by the total lack of rumours regarding him this summer 

5 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

The story is Norwich want a 'large fee' for Idah, so could be the majority of the deal. Even £7m/£8m would be a big profit. 

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

If Blackburn were making it up, I'm not sure why they went to the odd detail of including Idah. I suspect the Norwich interest is real, there have been talks (or even an offer) and now an agent is trying to draw some other clubs in or get Southampton to make an acceptable offer.

Yeah, it sounds more like agent talk - like a come and get me. Could be that our offer is on the table from earlier in the summer which may, at the time have included Idah. That sort of detail is only known to those involved in the deal - if it's true.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Huh? If Blackburn want say, £20-25m for Armstrong and Idah is thrown in at a value of £6-7m then that fee comes down to £13-18m which is much more affordable to us. £6-7m for a 20 year old is relatively big money. 

Things do seem to be starting to happen, hopefully they will start to include us - with signings ‘in’ rather than out - sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

It all depends on where our coaching staff perceive the ceiling of his ability to be.

He's still not played a huge amount of first team football; he already has international caps for ROI; he has a sum total of three goals for NCFC, and no goals for ROI. We signed him from a tiny team in Ireland for next to nothing.

It might be that our coaching staff have made the decision that he's peaked early and doesn't have what it takes to make it at the highest level, and if we can get several million off the price of a striker who will fit our system and appreciate in value, why not?

I'm not saying that's what's happened, or even that's what I think, but let's not pretend that Idah is the second coming of Harry Kane.

1 minute ago, priceyrice said:

How about Harvey Elliot on loan to link up with Armstrong!? I'm a big fan of Elliot, surprised by the total lack of rumours regarding him this summer 

We only have one loan spot left. If we are getting the Greek lad, then I don't expect us to get another wide player. I think Klopp has suggested he might be staying at Liverpool too.

I think the recent suggestion that Skipp is available for loan and the possible chat with Man Utd about Williams suggests that we are looking at a couple of options for the loan should one or two other pieces not fall into place.

Just like with Ings, I suspect that there will be knock on effects at Spurs should Kane go - which I suspect he will. This could be why there stance may have changed with Skipp at this time.