Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Could it be that Sportime have posted it as breaking on their Twitter, with a sort of ‘more to follow’ kind of thing? 

Nothing from Sportime themselves. The author of the article has tweeted saying they’re the source of the update, but could just be setting out a position and hoping it transpires later down the line

a PAOK fan also says that Tzolis isn’t starting tomorrow, but another said this is tactical instead of anything else

So this knockout kickoff seems fairly reputable and isn't just an ITK twitter account. They have almost 22k followers and seem to have writers covering different clubs, interviews with olympians and some good articles. Looks like a poor man's version of the athletic to me. 

Jamie lauder is their Norwich city writer and he has just confirmed it to be true as well. 

Fingers crossed for confirmation tomorrow. 

As much as I hate us selling our top young players like buendia, it does show other young prospects we are a great club to develop with in England and we won't hold players back when they are seen as growing too big for us.

Edited by priceyrice
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

So this knockout kickoff seems fairly reputable and isn't just an ITK twitter account. They have almost 22k followers and seem to have writers covering different clubs, interviews with olympians and some good articles. Looks like a poor man's version of the athletic to me. 

Jamie lauder is their Norwich city writer and he has just confirmed it to be true as well. 

Fingers crossed for confirmation tomorrow. 

As much as I hate us selling our top young players like buendia, it does show other young prospects we are a great club to develop with in England and we won't hold players back when they are seen as growing too big for us.

This is my feeling too, it appears to be a reputable source. I know a PAOK fan has said if Tzolis misses the game tomorrow night then it’s down to tactical reasons, but you’d still have to feel confident that he’s being left out for another reason. That said, that might be immaterial if somethings confirmed tomorrow (fingers crossed!)

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

3830F514-C4CE-45D3-B944-D9953F9DE5B6.png

99FB0582-58AC-4BE8-B61F-3258D5F7E704.png

Haha, I just saw this as well. Looks like the guy is good friends with Chris and Jack Reeve as well so maybe we will hear something from them tomorrow if nothing more  official has come in. 

Time for some sleep and hopefully wake up with some positive news...feels a bit like Christmas Eve 🎅🤶

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jsim1986 said:

This the journalist who announced last Greek signing? 

I think so, but not sure!

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Am I the only one missing the joke?

Nope! I think he might just be a bit slow at processing information. Expect him to announce Tettey's arrival any time soon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Am I the only one missing the joke?

Can only assume he's posting from the past and is stuck in some form of time loop 🤷‍♂️ Otherwise nope, I don't get it either.... 

Edited by Ken Hairy

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I think his or her efforts might have worked better by being posted nearer the 1st of July! 

Or indeed April.

Really hope we can get Tzolis over the line asap. I've made the mistake of watching some YouTube videos and he looks like the second coming of Buendia.

Sounds like Brandon Williams is just a matter of time as well. 

If we can get those two in, then possibly we're just looking for another striker, DM and CB?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Really hope we can get Tzolis over the line asap. I've made the mistake of watching some YouTube videos and he looks like the second coming of Buendia.

If we can get those two in, then possibly we're just looking for another striker, DM and CB?

I'd say a striker, and then either a CB or a CM, depending on whether Farke envisions us playing predominantly with three or four at the back. If it's a back four I guess Sorensen would be utilised in midfield where we already have PLM, Gilmour, Kenny and Rupp, and we'd sign a CB. If it's a back three then Sorensen may well be considered for the 'Godfrey role' of transitioning to CB, and we'd look to sign another CM.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Am I right in thinking that if we take Brandon Williams on loan then there is no way we can loan Skipp as well?

Yes, that's correct. Only two PL loan players permitted in the squad.

14 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Wowza! I agree, an Emi on the left...saying that isn't Raschida a right footer on the left? Looking very left sided although we'll interchange as per. Maybe on will be central although, I do like Dowell there as can't see him anywhere else than in the hole as his tracking back/defensive work is not the best if he's on the right.

7 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Wowza! I agree, an Emi on the left...saying that isn't Raschida a right footer on the left? Looking very left sided although we'll interchange as per. Maybe on will be central although, I do like Dowell there as can't see him anywhere else than in the hole as his tracking back/defensive work is not the best if he's on the right.

A lot of the highlights have Giannoulis overlapping Tzolis on the left hand side when they both played for PAOK…we may see that again in yellow and green

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WD40 said:

A lot of the highlights have Giannoulis overlapping Tzolis on the left hand side when they both played for PAOK…we may see that again in yellow and green

Interesting that Tzolis’ form wasn’t quite the same after Giannoulis left, but that said it also coincided with rumours of some very big clubs looking at him too! Maybe a combination of the both, but I’m sure Farke will only see it as a plus that they already have that chemistry down the flank.

Edited by Alex Moss

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Interesting that Tzolis’ form wasn’t quite the same after Giannoulis left, but that said it also coincided with rumours of some very big clubs looking at him too! Maybe a combination of the both, but I’m sure Farke will only see it as a plus that they already have that chemistry down the flank.

My only concern with Tzolis is the expectation will be high on him to perform from the off, in a new league and country, it may take him some time to adjust & therefore produce. The same applies to Rashica. Two clearly good players, but the fanbase may get on their backs early if they dont produce.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

No, this appears to be a kid with a Twitter account.

Correct, and certainly doesn't have any real connection to PAOK insiders.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

My only concern with Tzolis is the expectation will be high on him to perform from the off, in a new league and country, it may take him some time to adjust & therefore produce. The same applies to Rashica. Two clearly good players, but the fanbase may get on their backs early if they dont produce.

I think Tzolis particularly would need some patience- he's only had one full season and at 19 will likely have some ups and downs. Anyone expecting him to come in and immediately take the league by storm will need to temper their expectations bit.

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think Tzolis particularly would need some patience- he's only had one full season and at 19 will likely have some ups and downs. Anyone expecting him to come in and immediately take the league by storm will need to temper their expectations bit.

I mean, there were a large section of our fans that were pretty hard on Redmond and weren't bothered to see him move on - I think there's a bit of a thing with Norwich fans and wingers ever since Huckerby...

02691FDB-0FDD-44CA-89E7-1B9D884FF62C.jpeg.c8626fb5399ac65d88af7cffb6d7caa0.jpeg

I do like the idea of Delia taking charge of our negotiations...

I can’t say I particularly trust these “new” reports on Tzolis, but having said that he is clearly someone we want. Let’s wait and see. Would be nice to get a couple new signings done and announced this week.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

but the fanbase may get on their backs early if they dont produce.

Which is exactly what gets on my nerves. Every player should have the right for time to settle, and anyone getting on their case so quickly is bang out of order in my opinion. 

I don’t expect any of them to come in and be incredible from the off, including a young lad in Tzolis. That said, it is the same for all signings for every other Premier League club too so it’s not like it’s an issue exclusive to Norwich City. I do believe however that Tzolis will prove to be a decent signing should it happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I mean, there were a large section of our fans that were pretty hard on Redmond and weren't bothered to see him move on - I think there's a bit of a thing with Norwich fans and wingers ever since Huckerby...

Yeah I've thought the same for ages- similar with the Murphy twins.  

4 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

02691FDB-0FDD-44CA-89E7-1B9D884FF62C.jpeg.c8626fb5399ac65d88af7cffb6d7caa0.jpeg

I do like the idea of Delia taking charge of our negotiations...

I can’t say I particularly trust these “new” reports on Tzolis, but having said that he is clearly someone we want. Let’s wait and see. Would be nice to get a couple new signings done and announced this week.

I would say ignore anyone who talks about Tzolis apart from the few Greek journalists who have good reputations. Obviously if Michael Bailey or the PinkUn talk about things progressing then that is worth paying attention to.

This transfer has gone very public and a bunch of 'ITK' accounts are hoping to make a name for themselves by being the first to 'confirm' the transfer - although at the moment they are all just guessing.

PAOK are playing in Ireland tonight and Tzolis is with the team and was training yesterday. Nothing is on the verge of being done, so everything that is being 'confirmed' is just noise. 

It seems Norwich have had a couple of offers knocked back, but haven't walked away yet. The most reliable source has said that Norwich have already agreed personal terms with the player, so once the fee is agreed things should move fairly quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I would say ignore anyone who talks about Tzolis apart from the few Greek journalists who have good reputations. Obviously if Michael Bailey or the PinkUn talk about things progressing then that is worth paying attention to.

This transfer has gone very public and a bunch of 'ITK' accounts are hoping to make a name for themselves by being the first to 'confirm' the transfer - although at the moment they are all just guessing.

PAOK are playing in Ireland tonight and Tzolis is with the team and was training yesterday. Nothing is on the verge of being done, so everything that is being 'confirmed' is just noise. 

It seems Norwich have had a couple of offers knocked back, but haven't walked away yet. The most reliable source has said that Norwich have already agreed personal terms with the player, so once the fee is agreed things should move fairly quickly.

No reactions left, but thanks as ever for your insight. Promising that personal terms have been agreed, fingers crossed we can get this one over the line.