Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 minute ago, APP said:

*Gary Cahill & he left Palace after refusing their reduced wages offer. Doubt we could therefore afford his wages either

12 minutes ago, BurwellCanary said:

Tim Cahill's looking for a game - just left Palace

Covered yesterday in depth in this thread.

I think Farke or Webber has said that a full back is one of the positions we want to add a player to, so this doesn’t surprise me too much. I don’t think the paper etc would be reporting it as a near done deal if it was that wide of the mark, they could have just said we’re interested in him (again) and left it at that. 

It does also beg the question about Max’s future too. Things have been quiet on that front, but if we get £30mil for him, then he’ll go with some of ours blessing, certainly mine, as for that kind of money we could definitely find an efficient full back, plus have quite a lot of cash spare to strengthen other areas thus making us a better side and more likely to stay up (as hard as that is to comprehend for some).

1 hour ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

What makes the Williams link even more interesting is that signing him would eliminate any chance of Skipp returning as only 2 loans from PL teams are allowed. Have Spurs made their decision?

Or are we getting Williams on loan for the season and using the money to buy Skipp permanently from Spurs. £15million anyone😁

6 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I wonder what Skipp's price would be (and if he would come here!).

I think 12-15m would be about right with a sizeable sell on profit % (15-20%) as well as a first option to re-sign for spurs. 

The reality is that he has only played 1 full season of regular professional football at Championship level. But his performances at that level, English homegrown tag and England u21 performances mean he doesn't go cheap.

49 minutes ago, Yella Army said:

I think 12-15m would be about right with a sizeable sell on profit % (15-20%) as well as a first option to re-sign for spurs. 

The reality is that he has only played 1 full season of regular professional football at Championship level. But his performances at that level, English homegrown tag and England u21 performances mean he doesn't go cheap.

Really? I would think more £25-30M but I suppose it's really just about what the selling club are content with.

Rumour is Santo wants to get shot of ageing Sissoko which will elevate Skipp in the pecking order possibly, or put him further down it.

Kane missed training today so a lot of change potentially at Spurs.

2 hours ago, Yella Army said:

Spurs will be very reluctant to sell, so can't see them wanting anything less than £25m for Skipp - while that doesn't match his CV to date, it is the least Spurs would want for a very promising youngster from their academy.

Palace had to pay £18m for Guehi from Chelsea, and he only had one year left on his contract and had told the club he wasn't going to sign a new one.

Think it is a bit immaterial though as I doubt Skipp would want to leave Spurs for anywhere apart from the very largest clubs on a permanent deal right now.

11 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-norwich-city-open-talks-to-sign-bournemouth-star-billing/

yes i know, its Football Insider, but this is a rumours  topic so here we are.

Yes, the disclaimer is justified but a rumour is a rumour for all that. Either it's a slow newsday or transfers are hotting up.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

30 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-norwich-city-open-talks-to-sign-bournemouth-star-billing/

Ah, I see football insider has woke up and decided to throw out false news based on a rumour that we knew about like a month ago..

38 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

‘Opened talks’… rumour or not, that’s interesting. Can anyone remember what Billing was like in the Premier League? Was he one of their better performers?

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Romain Faivre...🤩

Just googled him, reports had him moving to Germany- has he been linked?

Just now, king canary said:

Just googled him, reports had him moving to Germany- has he been linked?

Reckon so, KC - Purple ain’t the kind of guy to make up bullshoite as I know you’re of course aware, have heard the name before but don’t know who he is? Is he a defender, midfielder or striker?

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Reckon so, KC - Purple ain’t the kind of guy to make up bullshoite as I know you’re of course aware, have heard the name before but don’t know who he is? Is he a defender, midfielder or striker?

Never heard of him but he's a midfielder according to google- looks like someone who plays all across the attacking midfield positions.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Romain Faivre...🤩

Played in a friendly (and scored) for Brest less than 24 hours ago, can’t see it.

I like how much I am trusted! His name was mentioned by a fan on today's Q&A with Davitt and Freezer as someone who has been linked with us. I have no idea if we have been so linked. I'd never heard of him, but he doesn't sound like a defensive midfielder.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I like how much I am trusted! His name was mentioned by a fan on today's Q&A with Davitt and Freezer as someone who has been linked with us. I have no idea if we have been so linked. I'd never heard of him, but he doesn't sound like a defensive midfielder.

Well that’s it, I am never trusting you again. 

😉😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Well that’s it, I am never trusting you again. 

😉😂

Well then you have learned a useful life lesson - never trust your heroes...🤩

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Think this would be a good move for £5mil, Celtic wouldn’t be happy but then they wouldn’t let us have Ajer so never mind! But he is one hell of a unit though, can’t see many muscling him off the ball! 

Wasn't this just mentioned on the Q&A. I thought they said was not likely and not improving on what we have. I may have that completely wrong though.

55 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Played in a friendly (and scored) for Brest less than 24 hours ago, can’t see it.

Wonder if it was this game? 

5B3A977F-0377-4306-A600-824B11456D4D.jpeg

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, York Canary said:

Wonder if it was this game? 

5B3A977F-0377-4306-A600-824B11456D4D.jpeg

There was actually one week where the Ligue 1 table read:

Nice
Brest
Nancy

With just a week and a half left, it could be a struggle getting Hanley and particularly Gibson match fit. With talk of bringing in Cahill, signing on and loan fees to plug a temporary gap, makes you think we might have been better off paying the extra 3mil for Ajer. 

28 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Hate to be 'that guy', but that photo is Diletta Leotta, an Italian presenter, at the Paolo Mazza, which is Spal's home ground.

You've just caused the world of computers to crash as everyone on here has just googled her 😆