Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

18 minutes ago, birchfest said:

A lot of people putting a lot of thought, time and energy into the idea that Cahill would be someone we would be after. 

No chance.

No, it’s a wet Sunday afternoon - no thought, time or energy being wasted on anything here!

• Haha 1

I believe Palace have brought in 2 more CBs and weren't prepared to pay what Cahill wanted. That could well have been; a signing on fee, image rights, appearance bonus, clean sheet bonus, merchandising, on top of a fairly hefty salary. 

As much as Cahill has some appeal, I don't really think it's what we are after right now?

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I believe Palace have brought in 2 more CBs and weren't prepared to pay what Cahill wanted. That could well have been; a signing on fee, image rights, appearance bonus, clean sheet bonus, merchandising, on top of a fairly hefty salary. 

As much as Cahill has some appeal, I don't really think it's what we are after right now?

There is a different between 'Prem proven player' and 'Prem proven but should have retired a decade ago' player. Cahill is not the first one of those two.

I don’t think their is any chance Webber/Farke will be entertaining the idea of signing Cahill. Complete opposite of their methods and beliefs since they joined the club. 
They want young, hungry, value for money players who have potential to keep improving and adding value. Cahill has none of this. He does have experience but so do we with Krul, Hanley, Gibson, Pukki, Rupp!

1 minute ago, Yellow Green Army said:

I don’t think their is any chance Webber/Farke will be entertaining the idea of signing Cahill. Complete opposite of their methods and beliefs since they joined the club. 
They want young, hungry, value for money players who have potential to keep improving and adding value. Cahill has none of this. He does have experience but so do we with Krul, Hanley, Gibson, Pukki, Rupp!

Yes, but…

I think Webber is very aware that this is potentially his final year with the club, and his record will look so much better if we stay up. And TBF, the club will benefit hugely too. So a short/term gamble might be considered if it delivers for this season.

Out of interest - what are your current thoughts / assumptions about Tzolis?

Do you see us getting a bid accepted early in the week or has this fizzled out due to the asking price?

Is it linked to Grealish > Cantwell at all?

Predictions ...

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

Just now, Cantiaci Canary said:

Out of interest - what are your current thoughts / assumptions about Tzolis?

Do you see us getting a bid accepted early in the week or has this fizzled out due to the asking price?

Predictions ...

I hope that we go for that extra mile ... but then I am a glutton for hype, especially during a transfer window.

If he is what both Farke/Webber (backed up by scouting) identify as a valid NCFC purchase, either for now or for the future, then I can dispense with the hype and hope we land the player. 

13 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Webber has shown in his time at Norwich he has a flexible approach with signings. Gibson isn’t young and his value isn’t going to grow from the £8m Norwich spent on him.

Signing Farhmann on loan showed that Webber will make short term signings to solve short term problems. 

I have no idea if Norwich are interested in Cahill, but I wouldn’t presume to know what kind of players Webber wants to sign. He is very much a pragmatist that looks for opportunities in the market rather than sticking to a dogmatic set of rules. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There is a different between 'Prem proven player' and 'Prem proven but should have retired a decade ago' player. Cahill is not the first one of those two.

Bit harsh to say he should have retired a decade ago, he was still playing for England in 2018. The only way we are going to get Prem Proven players is to go for the likes of Cahill, or spend a lot more on transfer fees. I'm not saying we should to either mind.

I think the Tzolis deal is still very much on and work in progress. My biggest fear is another team coming in and outbidding us.

I’m hoping for at least two signings this week. High profile ones at that to give everyone a boost before the real games begin.

45 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Webber has shown in his time at Norwich he has a flexible approach with signings. Gibson isn’t young and his value isn’t going to grow from the £8m Norwich spent on him.

Signing Farhmann on loan showed that Webber will make short term signings to solve short term problems. 

I have no idea if Norwich are interested in Cahill, but I wouldn’t presume to know what kind of players Webber wants to sign. He is very much a pragmatist that looks for opportunities in the market rather than sticking to a dogmatic set of rules. 

Agree.

Cahill makes complete sense to me if we're playing 3 centre halves.

Cahill gives us that experience of year after year in the PL, Gibson likes to play out and Hanley can play behind the big 2 with his pace.

Add in 2 wing backs and it actually makes us a lot stronger than we had been previously.

You can also play Cahill in a 2 with either Hanley or Gibson or even with Zimbo/ Omobamidele.

We should see if we could sweet talk Jerome Boateng into becoming a true legend by signing here for a couple of years. Sort of like Cambiasso at Leicester.

Pick up Diego Costa and Robbie Brady whilst we're shopping for bosmans too.

Olivier Ntcham has just been released by Celtic which is quite interesting, wasn’t too long ago that he was being linked with fairly big money moves to the Prem.

8 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

We should see if we could sweet talk Jerome Boateng into becoming a true legend by signing here for a couple of years. Sort of like Cambiasso at Leicester.

Robbie Brady always injured no thanks , we have had enough of those over the seasons 

15 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Olivier Ntcham has just been released by Celtic which is quite interesting, wasn’t too long ago that he was being linked with fairly big money moves to the Prem.

Wonder if he'll end up at Palace with the Viera connection. Ntcham was at Man City when Viera was there as a coach.

40 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Messi and Chiellini are still officially free agents too. Let's put the cherry on the cake.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

We are apparently close to Brandon Williams on loan from Man Utd according to the Sunday Mirror...

Southampton pulled out for a deal for him due to the £2m loan fee and Man U wanting guarantees of game time. Not sure that is something Norwich would want to get on board with either.

I think this is just an old rumour - Norwich were linked with him back in June - being recycled.

• Like 1

Given the recent change in the Skipp situation, I can't see why we would be interested in Williams, especially when there's no indication of Aarons leaving. Bethnal's recycled rumour is a far more likely explanation.

Been seconded by another journalist from another outlet...

Intereesting as really don’t think we’ll be able to offer him extended game time

53A25919-6D30-40AD-866E-E781592F92E2.jpeg

I don’t get this Brandon Williams loan. We have two very good fullbacks. I don’t see why we’d play a loanee ahead of them and I can’t believe he’s coming on loan to sit on the bench. Seems strange to use up our last loan slot as well. That’s if it’s true of course. 

2 minutes ago, WSM said:

Intereesting as really don’t think we’ll be able to offer him extended game time

Unless Max Aarons is off.

2 minutes ago, WSM said:

This is just copying what is in the Mirror though surely?

Funny that it was only in the paper version and doesn't appear to be on their website.

Even if Spurs have decided to keep Skipp, like WSM and TY, I can't see how we could give him enough game time unless Aarons is leaving.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

Would Giannoulis be able to play further forward at all? Does seem a slightly strange one but decent pl experience nevertheless

Hmm - is that where we bail out of the Tzolis move?  Presumably it was ‘rising to’ rather than 11m outright.
 It does feel we are going to have to go a bit higher than we want if we are to get our men, or risk not getting them. 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Hmm - is that where we bail out of the Tzolis move?  Presumably it was ‘rising to’ rather than 11m outright.
 It does feel we are going to have to go a bit higher than we want if we are to get our men, or risk not getting them. 

€8m + €3m offer apparently.

Guess if that was closer to €10m + €1m it would get done. Interesting to see what happens from here. Norwich don't tend to do drawn out bidding (at least that we hear of).