Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

9 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Yes, but the depth that article goes in to implies that they have been told it is something we are working on and have a decent level of confidence in.

Pal, all I said was that it was understood we’d not actually made a bid yet, nothing more, nothing less.

It seems everything on the Greek side is "Norwich have bid, are bidding, will keep bidding' - while on the Norwich side it is 'nothing imminent'.

This makes total sense based on what PAOK/Tzolis want everyone to hear and what Norwich want everyone to hear.

I do suspect that Norwich aren't telling the PinkUn everything at this stage in order to not build up hype in case it doesn't happen, as well as not drawing others into a bidding war of course.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It seems everything on the Greek side is "Norwich have bid, are bidding, will keep bidding' - while on the Norwich side it is 'nothing imminent'.

This makes total sense based on what PAOK/Tzolis want everyone to hear and what Norwich want everyone to hear.

I do suspect that Norwich aren't telling the PinkUn everything at this stage in order to not build up hype in case it doesn't happen, as well as not drawing others into a bidding war of course.

Totally this. The pinkun boys do a good job, but this window them and other media oitlets are being kept in the dark until the late stages of a transfer.

11 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Totally this. The pinkun boys do a good job, but this window them and other media oitlets are being kept in the dark until the late stages of a transfer.

And being used to quickly quash false rumours/those that Webber wants quashed, it seems...

Yep, they were totally in the dark about Rashica.

Not blaming them (I greatly appreciate and respect their work) but they play the mood music the club wants heard - and understandably so.

Grealish to Man City almost done according to the most reliable of sources…metro!

Villa have bid for Ward-Prowse. Does this mean they don’t want Todd or as well as (I know they’re very different players)

47 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Grealish to Man City almost done according to the most reliable of sources…metro!

Villa have bid for Ward-Prowse. Does this mean they don’t want Todd or as well as (I know they’re very different players)

With the fee Villa will get for Grealish, they can afford Ward-Prowse & Cantwell, then have plenty of change left over for more business. 

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Be nice if we had some actual transfers to discuss! 

We could always do the old 'LET'S PRETEND WEVE SCORED A GOAL!' thing and pretend we signed someone if it makes you feel better

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Top corner said:

With the fee Villa will get for Grealish, they can afford Ward-Prowse & Cantwell, then have plenty of change left over for more business. 

I wouldn't go that far. The rumour is £70-80m. That's likely to be structured. W-P has got to be worth at least as much as Cantwell, he's far more established, an excellent set piece taker and has 260+ appearances to his name in the Premier League.

On top of that, Southampton have reportedly rejected a £25m bid from Villa for him, which I would too. He's one of their best midfielders and has been for a number of years. They are both going to cost in the region of £30-35m if not more. How much that'll leave Villa, who knows? 

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Be nice if we had some actual transfers to discuss! 

Be nice if someone didn't derail every thread to be about their mood... 

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We could always do the old 'LET'S PRETEND WEVE SCORED A GOAL!' thing and pretend we signed someone if it makes you feel better

That would be nice. Who isn’t it? 

43 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

That would be nice. Who isn’t it? 

Fabio Quagliarella.

1 hour ago, chicken said:

I wouldn't go that far. The rumour is £70-80m. That's likely to be structured. W-P has got to be worth at least as much as Cantwell, he's far more established, an excellent set piece taker and has 260+ appearances to his name in the Premier League.

On top of that, Southampton have reportedly rejected a £25m bid from Villa for him, which I would too. He's one of their best midfielders and has been for a number of years. They are both going to cost in the region of £30-35m if not more. How much that'll leave Villa, who knows? 

I've only seen £100 million quoted for Grealish, I agree the fee which Villa receives will be structured, but so will the potential fees Villa pay for Ward-Prowse  & Cantwell. Ward-Prowse is definitely worth more than the £25 million price which Villa have allegedly offered, but I still think Villa will have change from buying Ward-Prowse & Cantwell.

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I was just in Morrisons...

Did you mistake Shola for Carl Cort?

5 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I will remember to use the exact terminology next time, Purple, but if we’ve not made a bid then reports that we have would of course still be wide of the mark

You at it again Alex?

But when I say ‘end product, then I mean exactly that - goals, and not assists.!!!🤣

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

By 'Leeds trying' you mean a random journalist who has nothing to do with Leeds, Leeds transfers, Leeds manager or anything Leeds right?

No, what I see is a Leeds fan writing a blog about why his team should sign Skipp on loan. The headline says it all:

Leeds have got to be on red alert as Tottenham make reported u-turn on midfielder