Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 hour ago, York Canary said:

Big if, but I’d imagine it’d be slightly more than Emi’s fee was.
I’m sure they’ll have options lined up if that did happen though. Let’s see what happens. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a flurry of activity late in the window 

Sorry they should be told to get lost. Selling them Emi and Todd in one window would be completely unacceptable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Sorry they should be told to get lost. Selling them Emi and Todd in one window would be completely unacceptable. 

I agree with that view, personally. Money be damned. 

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Normally I’d agree, but if we can get Tzolis, Billing and Adarabioyo for Cantwell, then I’m afraid I’m saying sell to Villa, these three would help strengthen our core team.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I realise you don't sign players in order of priority but it seems a strange one to me when imo CB and DM are areas where a) we need cover and b) we are weaker than last season. 

Potentially we have Tzolis, Rashica, Cantwell, Hernandez and Placheta as wide players pushing for 2 places. Seems overkill. Unless one or more are leaving...

We’ll be so devastating in attack that we won’t need to defend 🤪

Villa are clearly targeting Leon Bailey as Grealish's replacement, so if that comes off I'd be suprised if they were still after Todd

25 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I get what you’re saying, but realistically he’ll go if they do come in for him.

Doesn’t seem like Villa are messing around this window and they supposedly have a good relationship with Webber so if they do go for Todd then I’m sure it’ll happen fairly quickly. I guess we’ll find out soon enough! 

18 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Villa are clearly targeting Leon Bailey as Grealish's replacement, so if that comes off I'd be suprised if they were still after Todd

I’m sure they could get both players if Grealish does go. Will be a massive fee 

1 minute ago, York Canary said:

I’m sure they could get both players if Grealish does go. Will be a massive fee 

They would have the money no doubt, but would they really need or want both?

4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

This part of the translation has made me wonder what kind of negotiation tactics Webber and chums are going for here.
image.thumb.png.754aaff1610cc9719642307ac510df82.png

Dare I say it, it probably means there'll be another, ahem, incuming bid. 😉

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

They would have the money no doubt, but would they really need or want both?

Maybe they’d want Todd as he’s similar in style and English? Not sure on what type of player Bailey is tbh 

1 minute ago, York Canary said:

Maybe they’d want Todd as he’s similar in style and English? Not sure on what type of player Bailey is tbh 

Usually described as a speedy and very talented winger (left or right), and probably considerably more rated than Todd as things stand. On paper at least it would seem to mean that he and Todd would be competing for one spot if they bought both. I suspect he current owners would have the money to buy both if that was their desire, but I wonder if Todd would really want to gamble on getting very little game time next season.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

If that’s the case get on with it.

on a different front, really not keen on that article on the main page which makes it sound like we will just let Villa have Cantwell if they sell Grealish. 

If you mean the Mark Armstrong story then no, there is nothing in that piece that can remotely be read the way you claim.

8 hours ago, York Canary said:

I get what you’re saying, but realistically he’ll go if they do come in for him.

Doesn’t seem like Villa are messing around this window and they supposedly have a good relationship with Webber so if they do go for Todd then I’m sure it’ll happen fairly quickly. I guess we’ll find out soon enough! 

Not if we grow some balls and reject any offer he won’t. 

Ps. I don’t want Webber to have a “good relationship” with the CEO of another club who want to buy our players. Probably lining himself up a job there. 

27 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Ps. I don’t want Webber to have a “good relationship” with the CEO of another club who want to buy our players. Probably lining himself up a job there. 

Or he's simply clever enough (not that it takes much intellect) to realise that when we want to buy or loan players from another club it is enormously helpful to have a good relationship with them (I suppose it could be pure luck that Gilmour came here rather than Rangers or Newcastle, and nothing to do with Farke's good relationship with Tuchel).

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Thats a pretty twisted viewpoint there Jimbo. Congratulations on hitting a new low . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vlad666 said:

D2EFA9A4-0441-471F-A060-F3B75A78EF58.png

That’s promising as seems to suggest we’ve agreed terms with the player. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

£11M could well do it ... fingers crossed!

The figure quoted above, of 8m Euros actually equates to £6.8m, though as all these figures are never more than guesswork (undisclosed) it is pretty academic.

However, anything around £10m would still be an incredible bargain, given what £10m will get you in England.

A most welcome and positive signing if it goes through

ps remember us 'nicking' a young Maddison from under the noses of Liverpool and Spurs for a very low fee - I wonder what happened to him 🤑

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

€11m = £ 9.37m at current rates.

Edited by Dogbo Daggins
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

As an overall figure, yes, I suspect probably so. But PAOK might be holding out for more than €8m as a basic fee (I would) or if not then firming up the likelihood/certainty of the €3m in add-ons.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, York Canary said:

I agree. Reading between the lines of the situation, Todd would be keen to move - which is why he hasn't signed a new contract.

Villa's interest is real (as reported on the main site by Mark Armstrong) and Webber has stated that "we may sell one or more" of the gems. 

It looks like things will happen if/when Grealish goes.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

As an overall figure, yes, I suspect probably so. But PAOK might be holding out for more than €8m as a basic fee (I would) or if not then firming up the likelihood/certainty of the €3m in add-ons.

Agreed, and we could have made this transfer a little more difficult for ourselves in that PAOK might not be under the same pressure to sell given that we just handed them a pile of cash at the start of the window. 

Not in anyway saying that was a bad transfer for us, but it does change the circumstances now.

10 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

I agree. Reading between the lines of the situation, Todd would be keen to move - which is why he hasn't signed a new contract.

Villa's interest is real (as reported on the main site by Mark Armstrong) and Webber has stated that "we may sell one or more" of the gems. 

It looks like things will happen if/when Grealish goes.

Thankfully they will also be rolling in it and the football world will know it. Villa will have to pay through the nose for anyone they want unless they come from a club in financial distress. I honestly wouldn't mind selling Cantwell for £30 mil if it gives Webber the power to bring in 3/4 new players.

Edited by 1902

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Agreed, and we could have made this transfer a little more difficult for ourselves in that PAOK might not be under the same pressure to sell given that we just handed them a pile of cash at the start of the window. 

Not in anyway saying that was a bad transfer for us, but it does change the circumstances now.

eh ?

The Giannoulis fee would have already been budgeted for

Our accounts from a couple of years back had us owed around £25m in staged transfer payments, and us owing around £22m (or thereabouts_

That is how the transfer system works - and is what in part determined what we spent when we last went up. The silly little club AFCB owed around £80m in staged transfer payments when there were relegated last year. Which is believed to be around £30m outstanding, which will see further sales, given their parachute payments drop this season.

Basically, clubs borrow against what is owed. It will be a few seasons before we get the full £35m for Buendia, but we are able to sign players knowing those payments will met by incoming payments from Villa.

It is when relegated clubs have not kept those two figures balanced that they fall into financial trouble. AFCB borrowed on the basis that their particular gravy train would not end.

10 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

10 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I agree in principle, but it would be cutting your nose to spite your face if we could get £35 million for him and sign two players who we think are as good as Todd.

Seems there might be a chance Tottenham send Skipp out on loan again, if they land all their transfer targets. Article says there is a lot of interest in Skipp from Premier League clubs and teams abroad. So might not be cut and dry that he comes to Norwich should Tottenham decide a loan is the best route.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

€11m = £ 9.37m at current rates.

Ha ha! Yes, sorry - serves me right for posting before I've woken up properly!

11 hours ago, Indy said:

Normally I’d agree, but if we can get Tzolis, Billing and Adarabioyo for Cantwell, then I’m afraid I’m saying sell to Villa, these three would help strengthen our core team.

We can get Tzolis without selling Cantwell.

Billing doesn;t want to come apparently so he can go f**k himself.