Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

Exciting one, this. Can’t say I know much about him but everything I’ve read suggests he’s a perfect fit for us and would be ready to push for a starting place. Hope we pull it off.

Just need those all important positions of CM, ST and CB filled now. Not asking for much.. 

On the topic of CB’s, I noticed that it’s now widely accepted/assumed that this will be where we use our 2nd PL loan spot. Was thinking last night about who that could be, and with Varane’s impending arrival at United, it’s likely that they’re looking to offload at least 1 CB option that they currently have. 

Assuming (hoping) Webber and Farke wouldn’t consider Phil Jones, am I being too ambitious in suggesting Axel Tuanzebe could be on our radar? Have noticed he’s been linked with Newcastle, but he’s someone that I feel would flourish if given an extended run of starts in the PL.

Personally still hoping it’s Carter-Vickers who I’ve been impressed with every time I’ve seen him play.

Edited by Hoolahoop14

4 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

On the topic of CB’s, I noticed that it’s now widely accepted/assumed that this will be where we use our 2nd PL loan spot. Was thinking last night about who that could be, and with Varane’s impending arrival at United, it’s likely that they’re looking to offload at least 1 CB option that they currently have. 

Assuming (hoping) Webber and Farke wouldn’t consider Phil Jones, am I being too ambitious in suggesting Axel Tuanzebe could be on our radar? Have noticed he’s been linked with Newcastle, but he’s someone that I feel would flourish if given an extended run of starts in the PL.

Personally still hoping it’s Carter-Vickers who I’ve been impressed with every time I’ve seen him play.

I don't think Tuanzebe would be too ambitious- its been pretty widely reported he's available for loan. Newcastle have been linked too and Villa have an obvious connection. 

12 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Exciting one, this. Can’t say I know much about him but everything I’ve read suggests he’s a perfect fit for us and would be ready to push for a starting place. Hope we pull it off.

Just need those all important positions of CM, ST and CB filled now. Not asking for much.. 

I think he and Rashica would be the cover for Pukki if we can pull this off (big if). I think ordinarily both would play in a 3 behind Pukki or maybe part of a front three in a 4-3-3 formation but if Pukki was out then either seems to be able to play up front as well. 

The other obvious plus with Tzolis is that he already knows how Giannoulis plays, so should be much easier to integrate in the team.

Gotta admit, I like the thought of some reckless Greek breakdancing down the left.

Edited by TheGunnShow

A question for Bethnal if he happens to read this -

What sort of chances would you realistically  give us in signing him? In some ways I’m kind of disappointed this news has broken as if the lad would consider the move then we’d want to get it tied up as quickly as quietly as possible.

This is a very good example of why people should remain a bit calmer until the window is actually done, as we were trying to say albeit on deaf ears. He is certainly not a ‘C’ list player and if we got him it’d be a hell of a coup, but I suspect we won’t be the only interested party unfortunately. Work your magic, Dimi! 🇬🇷 🙏

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

What sort of chances would you realistically  give us in signing him? In some ways I’m kind of disappointed this news has broken as if the lad would consider the move then we’d want to get it tied up as quickly as quietly as possible.

This is a very good example of why people should remain a bit calmer until the window is actually done, as we were trying to say albeit on deaf ears. He is certainly not a ‘C’ list player and if we got him it’d be a hell of a coup, but I suspect we won’t be the only interested party unfortunately. Work your magic, Dimi! 🇬🇷🙏

Obviously on things like the fee it could break down, but with Dortmund and Man U having previously been interested, does look like we are trying to time the move to perfection, as we did with MR and Dimi

1 minute ago, WSM said:

Obviously on things like the fee it could break down, but with Dortmund and Man U having previously been interested, does look like we are trying to time the move to perfection, as we did with MR and Dimi

Or Rashica, for that matter. Bayern and Leipzig had been sniffing around at him the previous year.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Anyone checking the private flights from Greece?

Probably a bit early at this stage. Although im currently monitoring a flight into Norwich airport from Thessaloniki...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

This is a very good example of why people should remain a bit calmer until the window is actually done, as we were trying to say albeit on deaf ears. He is certainly not a ‘C’ list player and if we got him it’d be a hell of a coup, but I suspect we won’t be the only interested party unfortunately. Work your magic, Dimi! 🇬🇷🙏

Things will become clear over the next 24/48 hours I expect. If the report that Norwich have bid €9m but it has been rejected is true, then I'm not sure we will see Norwich go back with another offer. It could be a bit like the Ajer story, Norwich bid a while ago and then moved on and now the player (or POAK) are using that bid to try and drum up other interest. 

It could be this is one of the transfers he referenced last week, where the selling club is worried about selling too cheaply in the market. If Norwich are still interested then the news leaking may force their hand to move quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Yep 😂 There’s one heading in this general direction from Athens I’ve got my eye on. It’s quite a way away at the moment though. Even if it comes to the U.K. then they generally go to either Stansted or Luton which is why I found it strange that we had two landing at Norwich airport yesterday. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Norwich completed the signings of Rashica and PLM without them leaving their respective countries - medicals and paperwork were completed in Germany/France - players only travel over once the deal is done. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich completed the signings of Rashica and PLM without them leaving their respective countries - medicals and paperwork were completed in Germany/France - players only travel over once the deal is done. 

Spoilsport 😝😝😝

Rumour has it he's in the back of the lorry currently going through France, ready for his medical.

It'll be rather sad if we miss out on a genuine wonder kid wanted by big  teams in Europe for the sake of a few extra million. 

40 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Things will become clear over the next 24/48 hours I expect. If the report that Norwich have bid €9m but it has been rejected is true, then I'm not sure we will see Norwich go back with another offer. It could be a bit like the Ajer story, Norwich bid a while ago and then moved on and now the player (or POAK) are using that bid to try and drum up other interest. 

It could be this is one of the transfers he referenced last week, where the selling club is worried about selling too cheaply in the market. If Norwich are still interested then the news leaking may force their hand to move quickly.

For no valid reason I was thinking the opposite. That in this case we would up our offer. With Ajer we plainly decided he wasn't worth any more, and we had other options. if Tzolis really would be such a coup I can see us going at least one bid higher.

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've had a look at YouTube. I think I'm in love. In a manly, Emi sort of way. 

Can he do the Fozzy flick?

If we’ve offered 9 million euros and they want 10 million as has been suggested then I think it would be stupid to miss out over that sort of difference. 

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

For no valid reason I was thinking the opposite. That in this case we would up our offer. With Ajer we plainly decided he wasn't worth any more, and we had other options. if Tzolis really would be such a coup I can see us going at least one bid higher.

I wouldn't be massively surprised if it comes out that Norwich made a bid a month ago, or even in May at the same time they were bidding for Rashica - they are both fairly similar players.

Norwich don't seem to get too involved in a back and forth negotiation - they make an offer and if it is rejected they walk away. Interesting to see how it pans out, but Club Brugge appeared to have made a larger bid (€10m + a player) back in Jan that was knocked back.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Idah is ready, no need to loan him out.

Not sure about that... This is an important season for him to show he is more than potential. 3rd choice at best at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Not sure about that... This is an important season for him to show he is more than potential. 3rd choice at best at the moment.

I imagine he'll get his opportunity primarily starting on the bench, should one of the players behind Pukki or Pukki not be playing great.

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Idah behind Hugill in the pecking order? Not sure about that.

As great as Hugill is to have behind the scenes, he’s simply not a Premier League player. Idah is more suited to the type of football we’ll be playing and will be up against this season. Idah for me is our 2nd choice and I can’t see that changing unless we sign another striker.

Edited by Hoolahoop14

If we do bring in a new winger I can't wait for the usual suspects to pop up and rather than being pleased be all

'This confirms Cantwell is off, zero ambition to keep our players and replacing them with unproven nobodies and we are spending money on wingers when we need centrebacks! Delia out stonking foreign rich owners in!'

You just know it's gonna happen

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 hours ago, Bill said:

err no, as that presumes the other player would not have scored, and one bouncing off his chest (Bristol) at point blank range hardly says much - though his open miss in the same game did

and a penalty, hardly suggests a season winning performance either

All this Hugill abuse from Bill, I can see Jordan taking it as a compliment.

Bill is, after all, possibly the least knowledgeable person on anything football whatsoever, believing that formations aren't a thing being at the top of that list.

Hugill is a good player. Four goals in Seven starts for us, on the back of 13 goals in 30 starts for QPR the season before. Equally, struggled at West Ham but they bought him in the first place, just as we did. Again, I reckon the Premier League quality scouting teams know a little more than "4-2-3-1 Doesn't exist" Bill from Norwich (who doesn't attend matches and watches illegal streams which cut out every 2 minutes, which might go someway to explaining his views on football).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Mwahahaha! €32m?! Can confidently say from a Norwich this one ain't happening, chief!

Norwich tried to sign Botman a couple of seasons back I think - guess this is where the link comes from.