Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Hey buddy, hope you’re well?! 

I have a feeling that £10 mill is our ceiling with most players. But I think any issue with him hitting the ground is offset by his age really - as you say, a solid investment. 

Could be that wide player they’re rumoured to be after, but does that then push Idah to be the main forward foil for Pukki with Hugill in reserve? I’m all about interchangeable forwards but I’m still a bit wobbly about Idah being the main backup. 

Hugill will be off, he looked lost in the Championship

Agree about Idah, needs a few months/season back in the Championship

If the rumour about Tzolis is true it rather puts to bed the nonsense that we're now on our "c list" of targets.

Tzolis looks a promising player, especially for his age.

Let’s hope Giannoulis is as great an ‘influencer’ as Martinez…..

Just now, Bill said:

Hugill will be off, he looked lost in the Championship

Agree about Idah, needs a few months/season back in the Championship

Idah is ready, no need to loan him out.

Just now, horsefly said:

If the rumour about Tzolis is true it rather puts to bed the nonsense that we're now on our "c list" of targets.

I suspect Webber and only a few others would be privy to any such information. An answer to targets and whether they were original targets will never really be known. Im assuming a target list is always subject to change due to the usual factors of players opting to stay leave etc etc. Tzolis would be quite a coup if we could pull it off, considering the clubs noted with an interest in him previously.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Idah is ready, no need to loan him out.

Having a good pre season and Im sure could contribute this season. I still dont rate him highly enough to start games in the premiership in a striker role.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Hey buddy, hope you’re well?! 

I have a feeling that £10 mill is our ceiling with most players. But I think any issue with him hitting the ground is offset by his age really - as you say, a solid investment. 

Could be that wide player they’re rumoured to be after, but does that then push Idah to be the main forward foil for Pukki with Hugill in reserve? I’m all about interchangeable forwards but I’m still a bit wobbly about Idah being the main backup. 

Hey M dog!

Yeah he's another one that can play wide or up top. Looking at where he plays for the national team (at youth level) he's wearing the number 9. Club, seemed to be more out wide. They said they wanted someone who could do both. I think this kid could tick the boxes. 

Would he oust Cantwell (if playing wide) Rashica etc? Not sure, but I think he will be worth more in the future and there's a heck of a lot of time to work with him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Some players work out some offer cameos and get us points when needed. 

You’re right in that I don’t think he’s the answer to our Premier League prayers but equally he can do a job in the Champ given a run. I don’t think he’s abject but just not for us. 

He won us a couple of games remember last season which contributed to us getting promoted.

Interesting that some have short or selective memories when it suits…

err no, as that presumes the other player would not have scored, and one bouncing off his chest (Bristol) at point blank range hardly says much - though his open miss in the same game did

and a penalty, hardly suggests a season winning performance either

Exactly the sort of punt we should be investing in. Even if we got relegated, we'd be left with a talented 20 year old to help us back or probably make money on him. In a more ideal world, he helps us survive then is worth treble what we paid for him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Hey M dog!

Yeah he's another one that can play wide or up top. Looking at where he plays for the national team (at youth level) he's wearing the number 9. Club, seemed to be more out wide. They said they wanted someone who could do both. I think this kid could tick the boxes. 

Would he oust Cantwell (if playing wide) Rashica etc? Not sure, but I think he will be worth more in the future and there's a heck of a lot of time to work with him. 

Could be interesting having Rashica on one side, this kid on the other (not that I've checked if they play opposite wings) and Cantwell or Dowell as No.10 behind Pukki...

Transfermarkt has him down as a left winger so Tzolis, Cantwell, Rashica could be a pretty interesting three behind Pukki.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I bl00dy well hope he doesn't oust Todd, that'll be my Dereham claim to fame over! 😄

• Haha 1

The only problem is this rumour is from ‘Football Insider’ - isn’t that the same bunch who were warbling on about Todd to Villa the other day, a rumour which was widely regarded as a pile of pants?  It’s always a nightmare at this time of year trying to sift through these things!

Todd has played as a 10 in the friendlies so far so I don't think Tzolis would oust him from the team. Tzolis has played in all the attacking positions behind a striker of POAK, although has primarily been used as a left winger. Farke gifts his attacking players lots of freedom to roam around the pitch to find overloads, so I don't think it necessarily matters where Tzolis has played so far - Cantwell definitely wasn't someone who played on the left until Farke deployed him there. 

A 3 behind Pukki of Tzolis, Cantwell and Rashica could be deadly on the counter attack. Although probably wouldn't be so good at holding onto possession as Rashica and Tzolis aren't as reliable passers of the ball as Buendia and Dowell. It would represent a big change in the style of play, if not the base formation.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The only problem is this rumour is from ‘Football Insider’ - isn’t that the same bunch who were warbling on about Todd to Villa the other day, a rumour which was widely regarded as a pile of pants?  It’s always a nightmare at this time of year trying to sift through these things!

Will wait for Pad, Connor, or MB to make a comment but Sam Seaman didn't exactly say it was wide of the mark

Would be an exciting signing for sure - if this is our 'C' list targets, then I must say I am devastated to have missed out on Sancho

Edited by WSM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

He is one hell of a talent. You don’t play for Bayern Munich unless you’ve got something about you. Scores a few also! Would be well impressed with this if it happened. Attitude or not, Farke/ Webber will soon knock that out of him.

Loan for the season with an option to buy would be appealing.

First it was Joshua King. Now Joshua Zirkzee. Joshua Tree next. And we still won't have found what we're looking for...🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Darth Vadis said:

Tzolis looks a bit more like an Emi replacement to me?

That goal he took on the volley as it dropped over his shoulder - seen that done before - wonderful technique!

Greek lad feels like one we will have been desperate to keep under the radar if we are in for him. That being the case you have to wonder who has leaked this and why. Reckon we may be being used to encourage rival bidders. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Greek lad feels like one we will have been desperate to keep under the radar if we are in for him. That being the case you have to wonder who has leaked this and why. Reckon we may be being used to encourage rival bidders. 

People do just get wind of things - guy that broke it also broke Dimi, so would think it was accurate

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Considering Tzoli had been linked to clubs like Dortmund, Man U and a host of other German clubs in the past you can see why POAK (and the player's agent) might want to create a bit of noise around it.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Considering Tzoli had been linked to clubs like Dortmund, Man U and a host of other German clubs in the past you can see why POAK (and the player's agent) might want to create a bit of noise around it.

Not sure why he would leak it to FootyInsider24 and Pete O'Rourke if he was going to leak it though... seems like someone based in the UK and then the Greek press have checked their end

Edited by WSM

OK, Agent Giannoulis, over to you!

Interestingly, Tzolis had a brief spell in Germany. So did Placheta. Ready language link then, you'd think - ease integration into working with the boss...

2 minutes ago, WSM said:

Not sure why he would leak it to FootyInsider24 and Pete O'Rourke if he was going to leak it though... seems like someone based in the UK and then the Greek press have checked their end

O'Rourke has good contacts with agents - Tzoli may have employed an England based agent to get him a move to the Premier League, as it is the highest paying league. Players will often work with several agents in different countries as they have the best links with clubs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

O'Rourke has good contacts with agents - Tzoli may have employed an England based agent to get him a move to the Premier League, as it is the highest paying league. Players will often work with several agents in different countries as they have the best links with clubs. 

Fair point - just checked and he is with Wasserman - a huge football agency that ironically also works for Phillip Billing! 😅

Seems decent we would have seen a lot of him as he played with Giannoulis, and 10 million euros could be a great buy, and it's good he plays in multiple positions. 

3 minutes ago, WSM said:

Fair point - just checked and he is with Wasserman - a huge football agency that ironically also works for Phillip Billing! 😅

Players can have more than one agent, so they might have one based in England, one in Germany, one in France etc. Those agents will then receive a fee from the buying club if they manage to secure a move. The player's main agent will also get a fee for negotiating wages etc. 

• Like 1