Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

17 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Or it has nothing to do with THFC whatsoever and is just a coincidence. 

What’s the fun in that?  

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I would imagine he would be one for the under 23's given we see to be keen on Mumba taking Aarons place

Doubt it. 40 appearances in a decent enough side last season, in the championship. Would be seen as a first teamer for sure imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Doubt it. 40 appearances in a decent enough side last season, in the championship. Would be seen as a first teamer for sure imo. 

Just don't see him replacing Mumba or Giannlous nevermind Aarons. Decent player and lots of potential mind

18 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Zirksee looks like one to avoid. Dodgy attitude and OMG that miss.

Would save me a large amount of my transfer fund on FM22 though....... 

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just don't see him replacing Mumba or Giannlous nevermind Aarons. Decent player and lots of potential mind

Maybe not but they said they wanted left back cover so would seem to fit the mould 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Zirksee looks like one to avoid. Dodgy attitude and OMG that miss.

Can’t imagine he is on our radar, the source is just rehashing an old transfer link 

He is one hell of a talent. You don’t play for Bayern Munich unless you’ve got something about you. Scores a few also! Would be well impressed with this if it happened. Attitude or not, Farke/ Webber will soon knock that out of him.

Loan for the season with an option to buy would be appealing.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

He is one hell of a talent. You don’t play for Bayern Munich unless you’ve got something about you. Scores a few also! Would be well impressed with this if it happened. Attitude or not, Farke/ Webber will soon knock that out of him.

Loan for the season with an option to buy would be appealing.

Unfortunately, as the likes of a certain Portuguese striker prove, sometimes you can't knock it out of them.

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Unfortunately, as the likes of a certain Portuguese striker prove, sometimes you can't knock it out of them.

True.

Farke learns quickly and the Oliveira experience will not be forgotten in a hurry.

The so-called "attitude test," if it exists, is ok with me.

3 hours ago, Jpootz said:

It’s definitely the Spurs private jet. There’s an article in the S*n that mentions it’s the one that Gareth Bale flew to London on when they signed him from Real Madrid. Apparently it’s not always used by the club though. 

Available for charter here, so every chance it was unconnected to the football club, especially if it went to Marham.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Available for charter here, so every chance it was unconnected to the football club, especially if it went to Marham.

Why Martham?

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Why Martham?

RAF Marham. It's where the plane landed, according to the person who posted the details originally on the previous page.

Emi had "an attitude" as well... sometimes a player just needs the right place at the right time. One of our best ever youngsters of recent times also had "an attitude" and he went on to have a fantastic career (Bellamy).

It's about managing and honing that attitude into something positive for the team. Sure some are a lost cause but sometimes a club like us in a big pond needs to take that gamble to get that someone with the x factor.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The problem is, it’s the school holidays and there seems to be a lot of stuff being made up on the internet. 
Haven’t heard the spence one, he’s not a bad fullback, hopefully only as back up though!

School holidays start, forum crashes - presumably with weight of traffic, more made up rumours and ITK accounts appear and suggests of "from a reliable source" start cropping up again. Coincidence? I think not. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Would save me a large amount of my transfer fund on FM22 though....... 

You need an investor.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Emi had "an attitude" as well... sometimes a player just needs the right place at the right time. One of our best ever youngsters of recent times also had "an attitude" and he went on to have a fantastic career (Bellamy).

It's about managing and honing that attitude into something positive for the team. Sure some are a lost cause but sometimes a club like us in a big pond needs to take that gamble to get that someone with the x factor.

Yup, I do wonder if some people remember the same player, bearing in mind he's only just left. The petulant red cards, the ground slapping as if he had been kicked to the floor and it not spotted, his team mates sprinting back shooting him glaring looks and shaking their heads after he had tried to dribble past four players and failed.

Last season was his best season for us by a long, long, long way. Goals as well as assists AND next to no petulance or histrionics. Are the two a coincidence? No. A player made great by Farke. Should we trust in him to do it again with a target he selects? Absolutely.

Oliveira was a good player on his day. But he wasn't a Farke/Webber signing and he has not set the world alight. He's just moved from AEK Athens to PAOK on a free transfer. At 29 that could be his last big move. Imagine if he had listened and knuckled down. His agent is Mendes isn't it? Says it all to me. One dimensional IMHO. Liked him, scored some cracking goals. Didn't want to be more than he was, which is why he's still in the Greek league and no one else has offered him anything better.

Just now, Darth Vadis said:

Tzolis looks a bit more like an Emi replacement to me?

Certainly has the speed and strength we need, and could move on a few years down the line at a healthy mark up

Though do we have the wonga to buy him ?

3 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Tzolis looks a bit more like an Emi replacement to me?

From what I've been able to read he seems like he might be someone who plays out wide most of the time but can play upfront if needs be.

It’s an exciting prospect, but the caveat that comes with it is his ability to hit the Prem running. It’s a huge gamble at £10 mill (for us anyway).

I guess the beauty is his age and sell on value if he didn’t make a mark.

Interestingly EDP have run the story but with very little news I.e. they usual feature a “conclusion” of whether the source is credible to not.

This is another link that’s come out of the blue, and so far this window that’s been a regular pattern for the players we’ve got. 

Edited by Danke bitte
Making it clear Norwich are cheap ;)

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

It’s an exciting prospect, but the caveat that comes with it is his ability to hit the Prem running. It’s a huge gamble at £10 mill (for us anyway).

I guess the beauty is his age and sell on value if he didn’t make a mark.

Interestingly EDP have run the story but with very little news I.e. they usual feature a “conclusion” of whether the source is credible to not.

This is another link that’s come out of the blue, and so far this window that’s been a regular pattern for the players we’ve got. 

Looks a great player and the way Dimi almost seamlessly adapted to British football makes me think there's a good crossover there. Admittedly, Dimi was not great in his first couple of games but you could see that desire to figure things out in our system was there. And he became integral. 

This kid got 16 goals and 10 assists in a league that's not too shabby. He has had admirers from Barcelona and Man Utd. I think 10 million could actually prove to be a really solid investment

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bad Bill bad

dunce_hat.jpg

yes, it is my fault Hugill is sh yte - that West Ham gave him 3 sub appearances, lasting in total 20 mins, Boro fans  considered him northern League at best, and after tailing off at QPR he was accorded the same evaluation

he is rubbish, even Farke talking about his 'entertainment value' in the changing room, not his footballing ability - the reason he was rarely used last season

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Looks a great player and the way Dimi almost seamlessly adapted to British football makes me think there's a good crossover there. Admittedly, Dimi was not great in his first couple of games but you could see that desire to figure things out in our system was there. And he became integral. 

This kid got 16 goals and 10 assists in a league that's not too shabby. He has had admirers from Barcelona and Man Utd. I think 10 million could actually prove to be a really solid investment

Hey buddy, hope you’re well?! 

I have a feeling that £10 mill is our ceiling with most players. But I think any issue with him hitting the ground is offset by his age really - as you say, a solid investment. 

Could be that wide player they’re rumoured to be after, but does that then push Idah to be the main forward foil for Pukki with Hugill in reserve? I’m all about interchangeable forwards but I’m still a bit wobbly about Idah being the main backup. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Doesn't see to be anything recent regarding any transfer, so maybe it will be another one where the private jet at Norwich airport has some validity

Would be an excellent signing if he did join us

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

yes, it is my fault Hugill is sh yte - that West Ham gave him 3 sub appearances, lasting in total 20 mins, Boro fans  considered him northern League at best, and after tailing off at QPR he was accorded the same evaluation

he is rubbish, even Farke talking about his 'entertainment value' in the changing room, not his footballing ability - the reason he was rarely used last season

Some players work out some offer cameos and get us points when needed. 

You’re right in that I don’t think he’s the answer to our Premier League prayers but equally he can do a job in the Champ given a run. I don’t think he’s abject but just not for us. 

He won us a couple of games remember last season which contributed to us getting promoted. 

Interesting that some have short or selective memories when it suits…