Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

where have I moaned about the standard of our signings?

Where you not moaning the other day about the lack of quality activity? I apologise if I'm mixing you up with someone else 🙈..... Although not for stating Delph is a ludicrous suggestion 😜

Sexy Bennett on twitter:

"[Heard] Nothing about players leaving.

The market is SLOW, but the transfer team are on the “c” list of players now. Ain’t going well. Maybe that’s why someone is blaming fans for the BK8 fiasco. 
Diversion Tactics."

Eeekkk - does make sense to be fair - let's hope something can be done

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Who's Sexy Bennett?? 

The ITK person on twitter

10 minutes ago, WSM said:

Sexy Bennett on twitter:

"[Heard] Nothing about players leaving.

The market is SLOW, but the transfer team are on the “c” list of players now. Ain’t going well. Maybe that’s why someone is blaming fans for the BK8 fiasco. 
Diversion Tactics."

Eeekkk - does make sense to be fair - let's hope something can be done

I think a lot is being pinned on the Billing transfer which appears to be off the cards at the moment. But curious that we are onto our C list players when Webber said we were looking to not rush to the bottom of the barrel due to lack of patience, seems a bit of a conflicting statement that the market is slow but we are already way down the list.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

I think going and supporting another club would most certainly be the best move for one or two, so absolutely no need to cease any thoughts on that front cheers. I can assure you I won’t be the last (nor the first) to trot that line out on here.

If Fabian Delph turns out to be a cracking signing for another club then I’m sure we’ll all be utterly astonished and say fair play, but I won’t be holding my breath in the slightest. He represents far too big a gamble given his injury problems combined with age, and you don’t sign someone shot on the basis that he was a former England international. Thankfully, we’re more ambitious than signing such washed up signings now, been there and done that with Matt Jarvis.

I mean it's a sad day when all supporters have to have the same view or otherwise they are told by other fans to support other clubs. We can disagree, that's life, we support the same club and all went the best for it, nothing wrong in having differing views as to how to achieve that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, birchfest said:

I think a lot is being pinned on the Billing transfer which appears to be off the cards at the moment. But curious that we are onto our C list players when Webber said we were looking to not rush to the bottom of the barrel due to lack of patience, seems a bit of a conflicting statement that the market is slow but we are already way down the list.

I guess maybe keeping options open in case the A list players' value doesn't come down later in the window?

Just now, WSM said:

I guess maybe keeping options open in case the A list players' value doesn't come down later in the window?

I think the hope Is that the Billings and Armstrong’s price falls towards the internet be of the window

2 minutes ago, birchfest said:

I wouldn’t put too much stock in what an ITK account says. 

Webber pretty much set out that they were having trouble getting in the players they wanted, but said they would be patient in the window to see what opportunities arose. That is the correct approach as this window is so slow that transfers that would normally be impossible will suddenly become doable.

I imagine clubs in Europe still consider Prem clubs to be cash cows and are paying hardball. Once the reality hits that even in the Prem the money isn’t flowing things will start to happen. No club wants to be the first to break an accept a smaller than usual bid, but there are so many who need money to survive they will eventually have to sell. 

Norwich have sometimes put too much emphasis on ‘getting business done early’. While that is of course the preferred way, the best deals tend to happen later in the window. There aren’t any glaring weaknesses in Norwich’s starting XI right now, although extra players are needed to improve the squad (and make some current starters into backups). Waiting until the back end of the window wouldn’t be a disaster for. Norwich. 

As for ‘b’, ‘c’, ‘d’ lists etc. Who cares? As long as the player improve the team that is all that should matter. Skipp wasn’t first choice for Norwich last season after all. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WSM said:

Not very ITK, based on some  of the things that he has said!

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

As for ‘b’, ‘c’, ‘d’ lists etc. Who cares? As long as the player improve the team that is all that should matter. Skipp wasn’t first choice for Norwich last season after all. 

Nor was Puuki...

• Like 1

Too much stock being placed on Billing because he's new and a signing for the sake of it. He is not great and he is not worth anywhere near 10m. Happy to die on this hill alone. 

12 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'd still like to know what list Roberts and Drmic were on.

Funnily enough I believe Roberts was the example given of going to the bottom of the list too quickly…

30 minutes ago, WSM said:

Oh, so someone who makes up **** then 😂

2 hours ago, priceyrice said:

I mean it's a sad day when all supporters have to have the same view or otherwise they are told by other fans to support other clubs. We can disagree, that's life, we support the same club and all went the best for it, nothing wrong in having differing views as to how to achieve that. 

I don’t disagree with any of that. Nor am I telling everyone who disagrees to go and support another club 🤦🏻‍♂️. Don’t be silly.

Fair enough you want an oil baron. Well unlucky we don’t have an oil baron. So do we keep taking that out on the brilliant people that are working hard without the oil barons resources? Sorry but that’s completely out of order. The completely unrealistic complaints and grumbles are tiresome, and I suspect like most of their ilk, deliberately unrealistic in their demands just so they can justify their year after year criticisms, including taking a pop at everything our club does in the transfer market etc. Nothing’s ever good enough. It’s pathetic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Where you not moaning the other day about the lack of quality activity? I apologise if I'm mixing you up with someone else 🙈..... Although not for stating Delph is a ludicrous suggestion 😜

I think the players we’ve brought in so far look decent given our resources. I just don’t want it undermined by us not attempting or failing to bolster the other areas due to the financial constraints we have to operate under.

Players from Europe are of equal standard less to buy and on far less wages. Billing is not a fantastic player but an average premier League player at best but his wages will be more than I feel the club would be happy to pay. I can't see us signing anyone who has a few years of premier League wages left on their contract. 

It make sense to me to wait before we go for our targets there are plenty of teams that are struggling financially, I mean France are still still struggling regardless of the Amazon TV package put together, and many clubs are not in the greatest financial situation due to the pandemic, it's reported that Barcelona need to sell and that they won't be playing Coutinho anymore as that will incur a 17 million pound payment to Liverpool, many clubs will reduce their asking prices or be willing to do business the later we go into the window.

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I don’t disagree with any of that. Nor am I telling everyone who disagrees to go and support another club 🤦🏻‍♂️. Don’t be silly.

Fair enough you want an oil baron. Well unlucky we don’t have an oil baron. So do we keep taking that out on the brilliant people that are working hard without the oil barons resources? Sorry but that’s completely out of order. The completely unrealistic complaints and grumbles are tiresome, and I suspect like most of their ilk, deliberately unrealistic in their demands just so they can justify their year after year criticisms, including taking a pop at everything our club does in the transfer market etc. Nothing’s ever good enough. It’s pathetic.

Can we make this a sticky post? Absolutely nailed it there Alex. 

5C135362-5ABA-4FA0-86A9-12607BDF41F1.gif

474A7CEE-01FA-425A-8B20-D1E5DE920E6E.gif

43AAC148-0C90-41BD-A2C7-0C71F2778A48.gif

01F6490E-E1B4-4F54-BDA2-E8B7775CC189.gif

BE816EEB-4377-4223-BA73-382A0F4EA9C8.gif

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

70A2DEE1-D22E-4BF4-8BBC-DACADA7F185F.jpeg

That's just Birmingham mail reporting the football insider rumour that has been shot down by Webber and pinkun. They just report anything and then plaster more ads on it than the daily mail. Looking at sites like that make me glad of the pinkun...

16 hours ago, king canary said:

This is all true, however those players will generally come with a bit of time to adjust to- so it would be nice to get a couple of players who are already up to speed with English football. Saying that Giannoulis stepped up extremely quickly in January so more like that would be ideal.

that was my thought, as

"Though at this stage we need players who can 'hit the ground running'."

however, we do already have a squad, who injury barring, could adequately cope, while any non UK players adapt

having just the 'as yet' unproven Idah and Pukki playing as forwards does leave us a bit short in that area, though I would prefer more a Rashida type player or two rather than an out and out striker

and, if a player is already 'up to speed' they usually cost - our method and budget has been one of honing those with the right potential, as with previous signings, and our own youth

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

that was my thought, as

"Though at this stage we need players who can 'hit the ground running'."

however, we do already have a squad, who injury barring, could adequately cope, while any non UK players adapt

having just the 'as yet' unproven Idah and Pukki playing as forwards does leave us a bit short in that area, though I would prefer more a Rashida type player or two rather than an out and out striker

and, if a player is already 'up to speed' they usually cost - our method and budget has been one of honing those with the right potential, as with previous signings, and our own youth

Pukki’s proven. 11 goals in the first 18 Premier League games. Only went off the boil after breaking his toe midway through the season. Harry Kane stopped scoring last season too whilst playing with an injury and people started questioning him also. Silly really when we are all aware of the pedigree of the player, and are given a perfectly acceptable reason why they weren’t hitting the back of the onion bag as per usual. 

57 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Pukki’s proven. 11 goals in the first 18 Premier League games. Only went off the boil after breaking his toe midway through the season. Harry Kane stopped scoring last season too whilst playing with an injury and people started questioning him also. Silly really when we are all aware of the pedigree of the player, and are given a perfectly acceptable reason why they weren’t hitting the back of the onion bag as per usual. 

I don't recall saying he wasn't, my words were the "unproven Idah"

I cannot think anyone would consider Pukki as unproven

Edited by Bill

13 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I wouldn’t put too much stock in what an ITK account says. 

They've broken practically every major transfer earlier than any other source I've seen

It's the only ITK account I've come across that is worth listening to

14 minutes ago, kirku said:

They've broken practically every major transfer earlier than any other source I've seen

It's the only ITK account I've come across that is worth listening to

Yes, but it is one thing knowing a transfer when it is going to happen but it is a completely different thing to know how the overall strategy is going. 

This ITK also got Ajer badly wrong, and didn’t seem to know about PLM or Rashica. I would trust it for early signing announcements, but take it with a pinch of salt when it makes grand statements about how the whole window is going. 

• Like 1

To be honest I don't believe any of these so called ITK people, genuine ones don't blurt it out on the Internet. These accounts are just chancers who occasionally get stuff right minutes before someone else, they just know how to read rumours and then blag it 

4 hours ago, Bill said:

I don't recall saying he wasn't, my words were the "unproven Idah"

I cannot think anyone would consider Pukki as unproven

Ha ha calm down, you can see how it could be misconstrued that way ‘the unproven Idah AND Pukki’! But my apologies 👍. And yes there are even City supporters who refuse to acknowledge his toe break half way through the season, and don’t think 11 in 18 shows he can cut the mustard at level! I too think it’s far more sensible to judge him on the half of the season where he was playing with a broken toe 🤦🏻‍♂️😂